Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 10:55   #61
BHPian

Hats off to you Riju. If everyone actually did even a fraction of what you did for the injured family, the world (and surely this applies more to Hamara Bharat) would be a much better place to live in. May your tribe increase.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:16   #62
BHPian

Well done man; You are right there are few people who go out of their way to such a great extent. Unfortunate incident though.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am really interested to understand how they will get their insurance claim. If the boy had no licence there is no pay out. If the father is stated as driving then it is fraud
ajmat you and I know the outcome of such an incident. Obviously the dad's gonna claim he was driving or rather it has been done already .I dint want to probe the family any more on this since they had their fair share of a nasty experience.

Am sure the white skoda can be traced with a little effort.But then I have no clue if the family is really interested in doing this. On good note, I would say gods grace that there was no fatalities.

I missed posting this earlier, there was no skid marks on the road. Clearly shows the car went straight into the mile stone and then to the tree without the brakes being applied to reduce momentum.

Kid claims he was driving at about 40kmph which was hard for me to believe looking at the hit the NHC has taken.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th January 2009 at 12:30.
Old 10th January 2009, 12:55   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Kid claims he was driving at about 40kmph which was hard for me to believe looking at the hit the NHC has taken.
Riju, NHC will disintegrate even at 20kmph. I don't doubt the 40km/hr claim. You remember one member's NHC that was tapped by an accent and how it crumbled.
Old 10th January 2009, 13:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey riju, you've really done a good thing. And I'm proud that I know a person like you. Well done.
BTW, about the doc not checking accident victims citing law is very unethical by that person. And actually a recent change in law says that doctors don't need FIR or whatever police report they call it to provide aid to accident victims.
Old 10th January 2009, 15:17   #66
BHPian

Hats off

Hats off!!!

every one should do whatever is possible by them in such situations!!!
Old 10th January 2009, 22:18   #67
BHPian

Very nice of you rj.

Skoda drivers take the roads for granted. Have seen and wondered lots of skoda drivers doing weird stuff on the road.
Old 11th January 2009, 00:39   #68
BHPian

Good Rijukutta.. For what you've done.. This is really great
Old 11th January 2009, 00:51   #69

Hey,
U did a very noble job!!But...werent u endangering the lives of your loved ones by not giving way to the Skoda!
The parents of the driver driving the crashed car are also at fault.
The skoda driver....I normally take up this task of correcting people who drive the wrong way.I dont say we need to take the law in our hands ,but at times we need to act.Just like I corrected this young driver from TBhp.
Old 11th January 2009, 01:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to rjstyles.I was a victim of a bike accident and knows how sick it is when no body dare to help you :( .
Old 11th January 2009, 13:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Well done rjstyles :-)
I myself drove through the Mudumalai - Bandipur stretch last weekend. Though, there are many boards cautioning slow speeds < 50kmph, you do find the odd racer showing no respect to the national park environs and wildlife and to his safety (imagine running into an elephant ambling onto the road) :-(
Also, many still drive at 80+kmph in the park. Others honk inside the park rather than being a bit patient, while that is also not allowed !

In this incident, there seems to be the following violations:
* The skoda that was speeding and overtaking recklessly (that too inside the national park)
* Underage driving w/o license

Luckily, no one was severely injured. May this family atleast learn from this incident.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Although the Law seems to be ammended so that Doctors have to provide Life saving First Aid to an accident victim before notifying the police, in reality it seems every one has to plead/argue with the Doctor/hospital to get medical Attention.

Unfortunately like a lot of things, this vital Law remains ambiguous, timely medical help would save a lot of accident victims.

If would remove a lot of ambiguity if the new Law is put on every hospital notice board for everyones reference, so that no one would hesitate to help the needy accident victim.
Old 12th January 2009, 14:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Terrific work, Riju. Yeah, we do drive on thinking someone will help them & in this case, it happened to be you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Was it so badly damaged to be written off ? Because it does not look that bad from the snaps ? Looked repairable. And looks like a pretty new car too. Feel sorry for the family.
Knowing Honda Service, I am sure they would have given an estimate for 7 Lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I am really interested to understand how they will get their insurance claim. If the boy had no licence there is no pay out. If the father is stated as driving then it is fraud
Fraud ?? Who ? Where ? What ? No fraud. Father was driving, wasn't he ?
Old 12th January 2009, 17:25   #74
Senior - BHPian

Riju, just read your experience. hats of to you and your wife buddy!!

The satisfaction you get at the end of the day cannot be compared isnt it?

Abhi
Old 12th January 2009, 18:50   #75
BHPian

Well, who knows, that criminal skodA driver may be browsing this forum right now.

I have noticed that people in India always try to sqeeeeeeeze out of everything - be it narrow gap on the road or elevator or mall or stairs - without politely saying excuse me. Even if they say Excuse Me, they usually yell. I dont know if this is Genetic.

If the vehicle is parked on your side of the road, then this is your problem and you have to stop. I dont stop if i have the right-of-way and let them come head on and deal with me.

Also, not to mention stupid truck driver parking on the road. They never bother to park thier truck a little bit on the side.

Last edited by aerohit : 12th January 2009 at 18:51.

Most Viewed