Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 15:15   #61
BHPian

Nasty and scary accident ! Hope justice prevails - which, I sincerely doubt.

Is your child equally shocked? Sad to see the tender one in pain.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 15:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

Shishir,Very moving photograph of you and your son after accident. It pains to see the little one in such a condition. Hope your son recovers fast. See to it that the driver is punished. Thank god that you all are safe.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
+1 to that. Its so easy to get a bail even if you kill someone on the road.
End of the day he would have to just have to pay a fine.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Terrible accident! I hope you will get back to your normal self pretty soon.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:23   #65
BHPian

Sishir, get a complete master health checkup done for everyone who travelled in the car. And do this periodically for next few years. I have read about accident victims who develop complicatins few years after the accident.

I wish and pray for everyone in your family to recover fast and healthy!
Old 15th January 2010, 15:26   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh crap!! That is ridiculous! I'm so glad you all escaped with relatively minor injuries. I know a broken wrist isnt minor, but given the accident, it is.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Terrible accident but the fact that the occupents were not seriously injured goes on to prove how well this car was built. The collapsible steering column of the Matiz seem to have really worked.
The collapsible steering column worked on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post

Is your child equally shocked? Sad to see the tender one in pain.
Hope I get the justice as I have hired a lawyer who is good in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Shishir,Very moving photograph of you and your son after accident. It pains to see the little one in such a condition. Hope your son recovers fast. See to it that the driver is punished. Thank god that you all are safe.
It pained for me also.But god's grace nothing major happened to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
+1 to that. Its so easy to get a bail even if you kill someone on the road.
End of the day he would have to just have to pay a fine.
Here also same thing happened.They paid some amount and took the driver out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Terrible accident! I hope you will get back to your normal self pretty soon.
I am back to normal/work with one hand hainf a fracture and covered with plaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Sishir, get a complete master health checkup done for everyone who travelled in the car. And do this periodically for next few years. I have read about accident victims who develop complicatins few years after the accident.

I wish and pray for everyone in your family to recover fast and healthy!
Thanks for the tips. I will surely do this.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Oh crap!! That is ridiculous! I'm so glad you all escaped with relatively minor injuries. I know a broken wrist isnt minor, but given the accident, it is.
Ya Nikhil,escaped with minor injuries.wrist has broken and I am typing in one hand.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:55   #69
BHPian

Shocking!!

Dear shishir_bn, that is one horrific accident. And as everyone mentioned, I am sure there was a guardian angel looking after your family.
Old dog did save his master and family, before going out.
This sort of incident could have happened to anyone on our dangerous highways.

I would suggest keeping the headlights ‘ON’ when driving on the highways.
And just give a honk when overtaking or when you see a vehicle in overtaking position coming from the opposite direction.
‘Gentlemen don’t honk’ rule be damned.
I think this would make the oncoming drivers think for a microsecond before they make their murderous moves.
Maybe the lights help the oncoming driver judge the speed of the vehicle better.

All izz well now, make full use of second lease of life .

Regards
Conan
Old 15th January 2010, 15:57   #70
BHPian

That hurts man. Anyway good to know you all escaped with relatively minor injuries. That picture of your son's ear bandaged, i do not know, i'm not feeling good after seeing that.

Get well soon champ and i hope your lawer take care of the driver in court room.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th January 2010 at 23:32. Reason: Note Inline
sachinj12 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th January 2010, 16:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Man, you are lucky to survive this accident. No car, absolutely no car can take impact from a truck at 80-90 kmph and be in a shat that can be identified.

This is problem with CV's in India. They are very high mounted. Something has to be done on about this. Straight they hit the A-pillar, as is the case here. Note that even the front right rim is not bent, indicating that the real area that is designed to take impact in a car is not coming into picture.

And thank for your quick reflexes.

After looking at this image, I want to smash the lorry driver. And these big lorries do strike fear sometimes when they are in your lane.

The kid does not deserve this. God is great and its really good to see the kid and family members safe.
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-before_after.jpg
Old 15th January 2010, 16:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Shishir, Thank HEAVENS that you all escaped from this horrible accident!
My heart aches to see that lovely Matiz in its current state.
Hope, you nail that brain dead lorry driver!
I wish you and your family a speedy recovery from this shock, loss and those wounds.
- Deepak
Old 15th January 2010, 16:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Dear shishir_bn, that is one horrific accident. And as everyone mentioned, I am sure there was a guardian angel looking after your family.
Old dog did save his master and family, before going out.
This sort of incident could have happened to anyone on our dangerous highways.

I would suggest keeping the headlights ‘ON’ when driving on the highways.
And just give a honk when overtaking or when you see a vehicle in overtaking position coming from the opposite direction.
‘Gentlemen don’t honk’ rule be damned.
I think this would make the oncoming drivers think for a microsecond before they make their murderous moves.
Maybe the lights help the oncoming driver judge the speed of the vehicle better.

All izz well now, make full use of second lease of life .

Regards
Conan
Ya man,the tamed metal saved me. Have to start a new life now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
That hurts man. Anyway good to know you all escaped with relatively minor injuries. That picture of your son's ear bandaged, i do not know, i'm not feeling good after seeing that.

Get well soon champ and i hope your lawer take care of the driver in court room.
My son is happy now.occasionally he tells about the incident
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
<<post removed>>
It is ok sachin.I can understand what you felt. Even I was searching for the driver in the middle of the blood bath. If I had got him then I would have unleashed all my strength. Anyhow court will take care of him now as the FIR is aganist him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Man, you are lucky to survive this accident. No car, absolutely no car can take impact from a truck at 80-90 kmph and be in a shat that can be identified.

This is problem with CV's in India. They are very high mounted. Something has to be done on about this. Straight they hit the A-pillar, as is the case here. Note that even the front right rim is not bent, indicating that the real area that is designed to take impact in a car is not coming into picture.

And thank for your quick reflexes.

After looking at this image, I want to smash the lorry driver. And these big lorries do strike fear sometimes when they are in your lane.

The kid does not deserve this. God is great and its really good to see the kid and family members safe.
@aaggoswami.You are right the whole wheel and the bottom section is intact.The A pillar took the oncoming monster and stopped it.These lorries/busses don't care for small vehicles which are almost at a height of their vehicle's bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Shishir, Thank HEAVENS that you all escaped from this horrible accident!
My heart aches to see that lovely Matiz in its current state.
Hope, you nail that brain dead lorry driver!
I wish you and your family a speedy recovery from this shock, loss and those wounds.
- Deepak
Thanks deepu for the wishes.Hope to nail him.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th January 2010 at 20:19. Reason: One quoted post has been edited because of abusive language used in the original post.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:22   #75
BHPian

Shishir. I am so sorry for what has happened.
Glad to know that there was no one sufering from any major injuries and last but not the least, shock trauma. As someone said here, you need to pay your offerings to the almighty !

I have a son who is of the same age, and I sincerely understand how your son would have gone through. After all, what did your son do to undergo such an incident ! Indeed the world is at times cruel even to the innocent !

Truly, as your signature says, your pet has repaid your deeds by this deed of keeping you and your family intact ! Hats off to Matiz, so far I had only heard of the excellent safety features of a Matiz, but it has proved it now !

I wish you and your family are able to get through this nightmare as quickly as possible !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks