Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 10:53   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
I guess most Indian cars come with collapsible steering column these days. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Matiz did have collapsible steering along with side impact bar, Anti-submarine Front Seats, Roof Reinforcements, Tie Bar (to prevent engine intrusion) as other safety features.
Old 17th January 2010, 22:21   #122
BHPian

I would suggest you to go for a MRI scan of the chest or upper half of the body. Please don't assume and don't take it lightly, Please make it sure through MRI only that everything is fine with your chest.

i think you would have undergone a through check up from a doctor.if
not do it soon.
dont wait for symptoms.
a ct scan of brain and an xray chest is adequate for screening.
Old 18th January 2010, 09:48   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Shishir

Thanks to God that you and your family are safe. The pics of the damaged Matiz made me shudder. But she proved her worth. Its under these circumstances that we realize that all the safety features are priceless.
Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the wishes columbus.You are right.Safety features saves us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
OMG. The pics are so scary. wish you and your family very speedy recovery
Thanks for the wishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi Shishir,

This is really horrible. Thanks god you and your family are safe. I would suggest you to go for a MRI scan of the chest or upper half of the body. Please don't assume and don't take it lightly, Please make it sure through MRI only that everything is fine with your chest. I have seen a couple of people who didn't take any interest in getting the MRI done but later on we came to know that there were problems inside their body. My wishes are with you and your family for a speedy recovery. Before and After snaps are very touching.

Also I would suggest that you get this matiz repaired no matter how much you will have to bear the cost in getting the repairs done. She is like an angel who has saved you and your family from such an accident so please don't let her go like this. And enjoy your new life to the fullest.

All the best!
IRISH
Thanks for the wishes.I have done the preliminary check up and everything is ok now.It is not possible to repair the car since the company is closed and spare are not available and the way it has taken the hit, I don't think the structural integrity still be the same.I have given it to a mechanic and he will use the remaining parts to the current matiz owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Dear Shishir, It is indeed depressing to see your son in the photo. Hope he puts this incident behind him soon.
Please take good rest before resuming normal work.
As mentioned by many bhpians, the car design, your reflexes and GOD Almighty have saved you.
Giving due respect to the feelings you have for the car, IMHO, it is better not to repair the vehicle. I say this because, the Matiz, being out of production for almost 8 years, you may not get all the originals parts. Further, it may not be possible to repair the body to the designed strength. However, please take a call after discussing with a body mechanic.
Eagerly waiting to see you behind the wheels soon!!
Thanks for the wishes. Even I felt the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Pal, thats a terrible accident to face, good to know that you and your family are safe. Thanks to the car.

Unfortunately there are occasions when one faces bad consequence though not faulty on his side. God was with you. Hope you overcome teh shock of the accident.
Thanks for the wishes
Quote:
I guess most Indian cars come with collapsible steering column these days. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Quote:
@ Shishir,
It surely is God's grace that saved you and your family. I wish speedy recovery to you and your son. Soon God will send her (your car, your pet) in the form of an equally safer Avataar. All is well that ends well.
Thanks for the wishes.Hope your wishes comes true ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Matiz did have collapsible steering along with side impact bar, Anti-submarine Front Seats, Roof Reinforcements, Tie Bar (to prevent engine intrusion) as other safety features.
You asre right.That is the reason it had got 5 star rating fir safet in the year 1999/2000 itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
I would suggest you to go for a MRI scan of the chest or upper half of the body. Please don't assume and don't take it lightly, Please make it sure through MRI only that everything is fine with your chest.

i think you would have undergone a through check up from a doctor.if
not do it soon.
dont wait for symptoms.
a ct scan of brain and an xray chest is adequate for screening.
Done the preliminary check up and everything is ok.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:38   #124
BHPian

Thank god-you and your family is safe. I hope you will get back to your normal life pretty soon.

Take Care!
Old 18th January 2010, 12:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Thank god-you and your family is safe. I hope you will get back to your normal life pretty soon.

Take Care!
Ya sanju,I am back to normal now.But typing in one hand as the other is broken
Old 18th January 2010, 13:37   #126
Team-BHP Support

shishir, good to see so few injuries. you and your family were indeed lucky. But next time do not leave everything to luck, and invest in a good child seat for your child. With the child seat, even those minor injuries could have been avoided.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:47   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
shishir, good to see so few injuries. you and your family were indeed lucky. But next time do not leave everything to luck, and invest in a good child seat for your child. With the child seat, even those minor injuries could have been avoided.
Taken your point sir.Thanks.
Old 18th January 2010, 13:53   #128
JVH
Senior - BHPian

The pictures are horrifying indeed. Luck and indeed your reflexes played a major role in this miracle.

Wish you and your family a speedy recovery. May you nail the culprit and bring him to justice.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:24   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
The pictures are horrifying indeed. Luck and indeed your reflexes played a major role in this miracle.

Wish you and your family a speedy recovery. May you nail the culprit and bring him to justice.
Thanks for the wishes.Hoping to get the justice
Old 19th January 2010, 14:42   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shishir,

Glad to see that you guys came out safely from such a horrific accident. Kudos to Matiz for the safety it gave you and your family.

I can see that the car didnt had airbags, still it took on well.

Seeing this, I will be very conscious of buying my next car which can keep me safe in majority of the accidents.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi Shishir,

Glad to see that you guys came out safely from such a horrific accident. Kudos to Matiz for the safety it gave you and your family.

I can see that the car didnt had airbags, still it took on well.

Seeing this, I will be very conscious of buying my next car which can keep me safe in majority of the accidents.
@tanwar, matiz had collapsible steering along with side impact bar, Roof Reinforcements, Tie Bar (to prevent engine intrusion) which saved me. New age cars might be having these now.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

Shishir, your signature has proved itself to you and everybody else in this forum. I am happy to hear that you and your family are safe.

btw, even my family suffered an accident this sunday due to the negligence of a moron near Hassan town. My grandfather and his brother were travelling in our Innova (a driver was driving it) on NH-48 (Hassan by pass) when suddenly a moron driving a Hyundai Accent comes from a cross road and bangs the Innova at full speed. Luckily, no one was injured seriously as the front axle took the full impact. I will post pics and details sometime later.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@tanwar, matiz had collapsible steering along with side impact bar, Roof Reinforcements, Tie Bar (to prevent engine intrusion) which saved me. New age cars might be having these now.

Guess, these safety features gave it 5 Star NCAP rating.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:27   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Guess, these safety features gave it 5 Star NCAP rating.
Ya tanwar, in the year 1999/2000 itself it had got 5 stars safety rating which was highest in its segment at that time
Old 19th January 2010, 17:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck with justice in this country. My parent were hit in a similar fashion and the truck was illegally operated by 3rd party and to top it the truck was not even insured for 3rd party. They were both critically injured with permanent damage to their spine and head!! This happened in 2000 and we are still in accident court and without any justice so far. The truck is ofcource back on the road! The driver a 21 year old kid, who probably is driving agian. I think we are country of baboons and monkey's not human beings as every day I see 99% of us behave in a daft, impractical, illogical, unstrategic manner just bouncing off each other like molecules to avoid which you don't need education but common sense I think it is to do with our race/gene's- may be insulting them apes as even the jungle has a law best of luck mate

Last edited by canonball : 19th January 2010 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks