Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 14:06   #46
BHPian

Seeing the first pic i can make out that was an extremely well maintained car. Sad to see the condition of it now..Thank God for giving you such a wonderful cutie and saving ur families life.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
By god ki kasam - u really got saved my friend. Thank your lucky stars.

YOU esp were saved by the car - look at the A pillar my friend!!
The car saved me>The A pillar saved me from the lorry bumper as our vehicle had gone under the lorry for a brief period
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
glad you made it out buddy, and wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.

I guess your father really loved the car, it's sad to see it go this way - I can understand his pain.cheers
Thanks for the wishes. You are right. My dad too a loan of 3.3L in 2000 to get this beauty and it got over just 2 yrs back.It was very difficult for him to see it like this. But he is happy that it saved the whole generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Seeing the first pic i can make out that was an extremely well maintained car. Sad to see the condition of it now..Thank God for giving you such a wonderful cutie and saving ur families life.
Ya philip, it was maintained without a spec on it.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 15th January 2010 at 14:10.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

some other view...
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2506.jpg

10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2508.jpg

10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-before_after.jpg
shishir_bn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 14:27   #49
Team-BHP Support

^^ Man, that is a moving photograph if there ever was one! Shows the harsh realities of our roads.

cya
R
Old 15th January 2010, 14:28   #50
BANNED

That was a really bad shunt man, Thanks to Almighty and your beloved Matiz you and your family came out safe.
But it is really sad to see the car being scrapped.
Though you cant help it I guess.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
^^ Man, that is a moving photograph if there ever was one! Shows the harsh realities of our roads.
cya
R
Till date I am just happy that inspite of things that turned out that day only a small injury to my kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That was a really bad shunt man, Thanks to Almighty and your beloved Matiz you and your family came out safe.
But it is really sad to see the car being scrapped.
Though you cant help it I guess.
Ya @Dev I cannot save her in the present financial problem apart from just sending it or relieving of her duties
Old 15th January 2010, 14:33   #52
BHPian

That before/after photograph really is moving and makes me wanna run over the lorry driver with his own lorry. I hope he gets what he deserves. Moron.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:36   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
The car saved me>The A pillar saved me from the lorry bumper as our vehicle had gone under the lorry for a brief period
Quote:

Ya philip, it was maintained without a spec on it.
Quote:
Your Signature:
Take care of your Pet(machine) and it will take care of you for a long time to come--By Guru SHISHIR
A classic case of
-> Jaako rakhe Saiyan Maar sake na koy

Your guardian angel was working overtime.
Thank God for that.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
That before/after photograph really is moving and makes me wanna run over the lorry driver with his own lorry. I hope he gets what he deserves. Moron.
Ya Raj,Infact there was a blunder that happened. The lorry driver didn't had driving license and that is the reason for him to run off.So the driver who had the license was prsented to the police and was arrested. This is usual itseems whenever a lorry is involved in the accident.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Damn!! those few who risk these stupid overtakings!!

These pics show the importance of the "Collapsible Steering Column". This ought to be made Mandatory like seatbelts,etc for the manufacturers.

Take rest shishir, you and family need it...

Ps - I am hoping your love will renew & continue with the cute car - thanks to Chevy bringing back the Matiz/Spark.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:43   #56
BHPian

Congrats on the miraculous escape for you and your family. As regards the Matiz it indeed is an angel. I hope you find spares to get it back in shape. Some workshop may have old chassis lying around for cannibalisation.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:50   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A classic case of
-> Jaako rakhe Saiyan Maar sake na koy

Your guardian angel was working overtime.
Thank God for that.
Ya @bblost.I am avid fan of what my signature says.I maintain my bike also like that.That is the reason my pulsar gives me 56/58kmpl till date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Damn!! those few who risk these stupid overtakings!!

These pics show the importance of the "Collapsible Steering Column". This ought to be made Mandatory like seatbelts,etc for the manufacturers.

Take rest shishir, you and family need it...

Ps - I am hoping your love will renew & continue with the cute car - thanks to Chevy bringing back the Matiz/Spark.
Santosh, the steering column was not a collapsible one. But due to the impact the steering hit my chest so hard that it collpased.Luckily for me my ribs didn't collpase(may be due to weight training/gym follower).80% of spark is based on Matiz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay456 View Post
Congrats on the miraculous escape for you and your family. As regards the Matiz it indeed is an angel. I hope you find spares to get it back in shape. Some workshop may have old chassis lying around for cannibalisation.
@emkay,I enquired many places and to get the spares is very difficult.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Ya Raj,Infact there was a blunder that happened. The lorry driver didn't had driving license and that is the reason for him to run off.So the driver who had the license was prsented to the police and was arrested. This is usual itseems whenever a lorry is involved in the accident.
What? How the heck do these things happen only in India? So the FIR has been registered against another driver? He may have a good alibi then. I am confused how come Police even accept things like this.
Old 15th January 2010, 15:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
What? How the heck do these things happen only in India? So the FIR has been registered against another driver? He may have a good alibi then. I am confused how come Police even accept things like this.
All these are common. By the time police came to the spot the driver would have been arranged. Moreover the lorry owner was about to put the case on me itself. But police said bigger vehicles if involved in the accident then it is their mistake.The driver whose name is in the FIR is none other than the lorry owner son.
shishir_bn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 15:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Terrible accident but the fact that the occupents were not seriously injured goes on to prove how well this car was built. The collapsible steering column of the Matiz seem to have really worked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks