Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 17:37   #136
BHPian

Shishir, I am deeply moved by the pictures of you and your son. I am glad that you made it with little injuries. I was at loss of words when I saw the photo of your kid with those bandages. I wish these truck morans are punished severly. Its such a loss to see a well maintained car after a accident like this. I would say that the car has withstood the impact well. I wish you and your family a speedy recovery. Like everyone has mentioned, your angel has worked overtime to protect you and your family. Please be thankful for the build quality of matiz. Matiz commands a special respect in my heart after looking at these photos. Get well soon buddy.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:38   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Best of luck with justice in this country. My parent were hit in a similar fashion and the truck was illegally operated by 3rd party and to top it the truck was not even insured for 3rd party. They were both critically injured with permanent damage to their spine and head!! This happened in 2000 and we are still in accident court and without any justice so far. The truck is ofcource back on the road! The driver a 21 year old kid, who probably is driving agian. I think we are country of baboons and monkey's not human beings as every day I see 99% of us behave in a daft, impractical, illogical, unstrategic manner just bouncing off each other like molecules to avoid which you don't need education but common sense I think it is to do with our race/gene's- may be insulting them apes as even the jungle has a law best of luck mate
@cannonball, I am extremely sorry for your parents state.But what you have told is correct.My case has gone to fast court now.I don't know how fast/slow it will be done.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:46   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thx let me know how fast? All I know is we are so deep seated in being extremely/extremely liberal in dolling out punishment that I don't know where things are headed but for some initial noise!

A terrorist who attacked and killed people in parliment is given life sentence and he is seeking a pardon from the President.
An actor has been found guilty for arms possesion close to 2 years ago and he has still not been sentenced - in the meantime he has made several movies and the joke also entered politics!
Mass murderes are still out of bail!!

Lifer's are getting furlow/furlough to go to weddings some have even escaped to Bangladesh. I don't think any of this will be fixed without a real revolution thats if people get of their asses and get down to it

Last edited by canonball : 19th January 2010 at 17:48.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Happy to hear that you escaped without any major injuries. Wish you and your family a speedy recovery
Old 19th January 2010, 18:02   #140
Senior - BHPian

God Damn. I knew there was a pic of an accident somewhere, but after seeing the beautiful pics of the car and then scroll down and look at the crash, actually freezes your blood. Something, I can never imagine and would never want to imagine

Thank God, especially that your kid was ok. Must have been real traumatizing
Old 19th January 2010, 18:27   #141
BHPian

Listen, I doubt you will not miss your 10 year old Matiz after a few months of scrapping it. I suggest you go to the place in B'lore where you get parts from scrapped vehicles. This kind of a place is here in Pune and we can get almost every part from scrapped Matiz's. So if you do not want your Matiz (that saved your family) to go under the knife and become a donor like hundreds of others, save it. Get all the parts from other cars and rebuild it. It does not look that bad that it can not be rebuilt. C'mon it saved you and it is your dads hard earned car. Just arrange all the parts that are damaged from the scrap suppliers because believe you me, they have a lot of Matiz parts and I can assure you, you will get everything back. This car is a legend and has played an even more important part in your life. The day you sell it for scrap, it will be thin air in a matter of minutes with every intact part taken away to be sold separately and I don't think you want your Matiz to die like that. Even if it is not as reliable or refined, I am sure you will be happy even looking at it parked in your driveway, all done up.

As you can see, I am a fan of this car and I have one and I cannot sell it even if someone offers me 10 lacs on it. I won't. Yours even saved your life. Let me know and if you decide to repair it and cannot find some part, I'll help you get it from Pune.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:13   #142
BHPian

Thank god you and your family are safe man..That really is scary. Take care and get well soon.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:23   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Listen, I doubt you will not miss your 10 year old Matiz after a few months of scrapping it. I suggest you go to the place in B'lore where you get parts from scrapped vehicles.
My vote is with Abhi, you still get Matiz parts available, not sure if ALL the parts you require will be available. Try Gujri market and you could be lucky..

After all it takes a lot to shell out 70-80K for a 10 year old car, but if your pocket allows you. Please do it mate, this car is your SAMURAI
Old 19th January 2010, 22:29   #144
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know that you are OK.

In addition to installing center medians and improving discipline we also need to take measures to improve safety features on trucks like underride bumper (which would have prevented your Matiz from going under the truck)

Underride Network Truck Safety Home Page

Quote:
Best of luck with justice in this country. My parent were hit in a similar fashion and the truck was illegally operated by 3rd party and to top it the truck was not even insured for 3rd party. They were both critically injured with permanent damage to their spine and head!! This happened in 2000 and we are still in accident court and without any justice so far. The truck is ofcource back on the road! The driver a 21 year old kid, who probably is driving agian. I think we are country of baboons and monkey's not human beings as every day I see 99% of us behave in a daft, impractical, illogical, unstrategic manner just bouncing off each other like molecules to avoid which you don't need education but common sense I think it is to do with our race/gene's- may be insulting them apes as even the jungle has a law best of luck mate
Old 19th January 2010, 22:43   #145
BHPian

Buddy Thank God you all are safe.
Matiz is a very nice and safe car. We also have it and my dad drives it.
So i will suggest you that please see if it can be repaired as it's a master piece and you will always love it.
Rest is on to you dear.
All the best for the way ahead.
God bless you.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:20   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
- seems you're extremely frustrated with the law and order in this country and especially the practice and enforcement of traffic rules. I can realize your pain in regards to the unfortunate incidents to your parents. When I visited India after some 4 years I was scared (literally) to drive on the roads as people overtake you in any which way they feel like. When I entered NH47 near Marthandam (from Attoor road towards Trivandrum), the traffic policeman signaled me to enter the highway and to my shock he asked the other vehicles that are already on the highway to move in their respective directions. Do we need policemen to tell people to continue to do what they have been already doing? If this is the traffic sense of a traffic policeman what would be that of a layman who either doesn't have a license to drive or have gotten one by bribing the officers?
Old 20th January 2010, 00:12   #147
BHPian

Do not forgive

For the love of your child do not forgive that original driver and owner. If you let him go Scot free I am sure he will not stop at his antics. In India treat errant drivers with the hard stick of the law. It may take years but you will be doing the populace a service by taking the case to its logical end.
Old 20th January 2010, 00:52   #148
BHPian

Do the luxury cars have collapsible steerings? If yes, what happens if the steering collapses and then the airbag comes out?
Old 20th January 2010, 01:01   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Do the luxury cars have collapsible steerings? If yes, what happens if the steering collapses and then the airbag comes out?
If i am right airbags get deployed in microseconds of an accident i.e at the radiator , bumper , A pillar , Side Doors impact whereas the steering column will collapse at a later stage compared to deployment of airbags.

Regards
Old 20th January 2010, 01:53   #150

Shishir, I am glad that you and your family are safe. Get well soon.

Most Viewed