Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:44   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
You are one lucky family. Thank god and the Matiz for your miraculas escape. The Matiz had done its duty.
Yep, it has done its duty.
Old 24th January 2010, 00:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Johnny, thanks for asking. Yes the police have got the hospital report anf the lawyer has taken it.It will take another 7-10 day max for me date to come
Hmmm, ic. Seems like appointing a lawyer always helps, i mean it definitely wouldn't have been possible without the lawyer's professional help.
Keep us posted brother. Goodluck.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:08   #183
Senior - BHPian

Shishir, thats a bad one, good that you guys are safe!

am sure anyone who goes thruousg such event a big scar(mind) is left behind by the event. i hope you over come it too soon.

The car is for sure your Savior but am not sure rebuilding will make sense? i guess if you do that make sure its just for city drive.

Last edited by lohithrao : 24th January 2010 at 12:10.
Old 25th January 2010, 09:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Shishir, thats a bad one, good that you guys are safe!

am sure anyone who goes thruousg such event a big scar(mind) is left behind by the event. i hope you over come it too soon.

The car is for sure your Savior but am not sure rebuilding will make sense? i guess if you do that make sure its just for city drive.
Thanks Lohith. My mind already out of this event. I am not rebuilding this. I have given this to a mechanic who used to service this car from 10years and he will make this car road worthiness and he will use it for his daily commute. From this, my car will atleast stay alive rather than die in a scrap yard or as a donor.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:35   #185
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Just now went for a X-ray of the broken hand and adding to my bad luck,the fracture has not healed.I have attached the x-ray.
10year old Matiz saved 4 members and faded in the sunset-img_2526.jpg
Old 27th January 2010, 15:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Lohith. My mind already out of this event. I am not rebuilding this. I have given this to a mechanic who used to service this car from 10years and he will make this car road worthiness and he will use it for his daily commute. From this, my car will atleast stay alive rather than die in a scrap yard or as a donor.
Good move man, it will at least exist. Its a nice move. How much did he pay for the car?
Old 27th January 2010, 15:29   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Just now went for a X-ray of the broken hand and adding to my bad luck,the fracture has not healed.I have attached the x-ray.
Attachment 274127
Bro you need to take care of yourself.I mean complete rest, without much movements. Only then will your limb be healed completely. And the more you move, the longer it will take to heal. Get well soon bro, and take it easy, time heals everything, but for that one needs to give time to oneself. From the image it seems it will take some more time to heal. What did the doctor say?

Last edited by Johnny_ : 27th January 2010 at 15:29. Reason: typing error
Old 27th January 2010, 15:36   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Good move man, it will at least exist. Its a nice move. How much did he pay for the car?
Thanks Johnny.He paid 20K and told that he will use the old parts and drive himself. If I take the car then he needs to put new parts and it will be 70-80K. So I left with him only. Once in a while I can see it.
Old 27th January 2010, 16:15   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Bro you need to take care of yourself.I mean complete rest, without much movements. Only then will your limb be healed completely. And the more you move, the longer it will take to heal. Get well soon bro, and take it easy, time heals everything, but for that one needs to give time to oneself. From the image it seems it will take some more time to heal. What did the doctor say?
Ya Bro, I have again put the plaster back and the doc says it will take another 3 weeks. So crossing my fingers/legs and everything which I can cross
Old 27th January 2010, 17:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

Shishir take good care man, esp when its taking a long time.

Quote:
Guys,
Attachment 274127

Last edited by lohithrao : 27th January 2010 at 17:46.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:50   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Shishir take good care man, esp when its taking a long time.
Trying not to use that injured hand. It is tiring but have to manage if I have to drive again
Old 27th January 2010, 19:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Nice one kalinga. If anyone has the address for the spares please write out. Many who still have the beauty will be happy to get the details.
My friends Matiz had its started motor kaput. I asked him to check in Nanapeth here in Pune, he got an old Matiz's starter for about 1200 bucks, got it fitted by his mechanic and its working fine. I dont know the exact shop's name but I'll speak to my friend and get the details. I am sure everything is available including A/c compressors, coils, dashboard and steering wheels, doors, other parts. The whole Matiz is available for 25K, buy one and use it as a donor vehicle even if it does not start, who cares. You should get your own Matiz sorted.

The A Pillar and other chassis damages can be rebuilt in the workshop, welding will not have the strenght it previously had but at least your car will be preserved. I do not expect you to drive it into the highway like that again in that car. Once it is completely repaired, you can safely use it in the city. Best of luck for your hand though.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 27th January 2010 at 19:48.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:29   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
My friends Matiz had its started motor kaput. I asked him to check in Nanapeth here in Pune, he got an old Matiz's starter for about 1200 bucks, got it fitted by his mechanic and its working fine. I dont know the exact shop's name but I'll speak to my friend and get the details. I am sure everything is available including A/c compressors, coils, dashboard and steering wheels, doors, other parts. The whole Matiz is available for 25K, buy one and use it as a donor vehicle even if it does not start, who cares. You should get your own Matiz sorted.

The A Pillar and other chassis damages can be rebuilt in the workshop, welding will not have the strenght it previously had but at least your car will be preserved. I do not expect you to drive it into the highway like that again in that car. Once it is completely repaired, you can safely use it in the city. Best of luck for your hand though.
Hi I am from Mumbai I have a freind in Mumbai in Andheri he makes totally bashed up vehicles and brings them out as good as new please mail me and if I can I will show him the photos of the car and ask him if he can work on it without any problems.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:04   #194
BHPian

But it will not be like the one it was before accident!!
Old 28th January 2010, 14:13   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brar.arsh View Post
But it will not be like the one it was before accident!!
It will take min of 3 months to be like before. But to drive again it will take another month

Most Viewed