Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unmarked Dividers In Bangalore Causing Accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Placing the signboards before the beginning of dividers indicating the road dividers ahead would make the drivers cautious and reduce such accidents to a great extent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I had a close call during my recent visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
You have very well highlighted an extremely peculiar problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
People driving from Hassan to Chikkamagaluru would remember the series of unmarked, unexpected, appearing out of the blue dividers between Hagare and Belur. Almost all of them are placed at road bends. A few cat eyes / reflective stickers placed at the beginning of the dividers is all it takes to prevent a lot of mishaps.
Quoting my own post in order to report to the forum a healthy development with reference to the dividers discussed above.

About an hour ago, while travelling from Hassan to Chikkamagaluru, I saw a few people fiddling with something on the said dividers. I couldn't stop to verify what they were actually doing. A few kilometers later, at the next divider, I saw this:

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-img_20171022_175832355x631.jpg

A closer view

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-screenshot_20171022193949868_com.miui.gallery.png

I then realised that they were trying to fix / re-fix a reflecter pole. I am not sure whether the reflecters were being placed today or whether they were being repaired. Though I don't remember seeing them on my onward journey, it is possible that I could have missed noticing them.

Nevertheless, the guys who placed / repaired these reflectors on the dividers, whoever you are, here's my heartfelt salute to you. Your minor act of social service has the potential to save a number of lives by helping drivers notice the dividers.

Thank you very much.

That said, I couldn't help notice that the poles required a bit more reinforcement in order to stand firm. A bit of concrete filling wouldn't hurt.
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 13:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unmarked Dividers In Bangalore Causing Accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
All dividers in Frazer town will have scratch marks as cars would have climbed over them during nights and more so in the rainy season.The divider near Thom's bakery and the one near coles park ( seppings road junction) must have damaged countless cars.I have managed to rescue few of them in last couple of years.

Waseem.
Dear Friends,

A legal representation was sent to Commissioner of BBMP with a copy of the same to Commissioner of BDA and Additional Commissioner of Traffic on 22/08/2017 asking them to place sign boards before the beginning of dividers.

I had mentioned the need of these sign boards particularly in Frazer town as i had seen many accidents due to lack of sign boards.I received a reply on 23/08/2017 and it stated that the email has been forwarded to the personal section.

A detailed follow up representation was sent after 2 weeks and this time it was on the letter head of our advocate. The work started immediately, new dividers with decent height were placed and shiny new sign boards were also placed at both the ends of these dividers.

Way to go BBMP.

Waseem.
Attached Thumbnails
Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-img20171023wa0000.jpg  

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-img20171023wa0001.jpg  

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-dividers.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 21:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents

Update on WP 48635/2017.

After hearing our arguments at length, the Honorable high court has been pleased to issue emergent notice to BBMP on the issue of Potholes,road divider markings and illuminators on sign boards.

The next date of hearing is on 22nd November and BBMP is supposed to reply to the notice on/before the next hearing.

I will keep you all updated as and when the reply is filed.

Waseem.
Attached Thumbnails
Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-list.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 07:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Clippings In Leading Newspapers
Attached Thumbnails
Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-1510106803938.jpg  

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-1510106819168.jpg  

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-1510106844488.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 23:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Update on WP No 48635/2017

The PIL filed against BBMP for Unmarked Dividers, Potholes and Unmarked Speed Breakers was posted before court hall number 2 at Sl. No. 32. The counsel for BBMP was also present. The Hon'ble Acting Chief Justice observed that a true public interest is sought to be espoused in this case.

The Hon'ble Acting Chief Justice observed that BBMP is being extremely unscientific in their approach, especially in cases where speed breakers are being laid down without proper planning or execution. The Hon'ble court has directed that the guidelines laid down by the Indian road congress be placed before it by Drive Without Borders so that the BBMP be directed to carry out work in accordance with the quality standards.

The case has been posted to 11th January 2018

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 16th December 2017 at 23:31.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 12:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday's Deccan Herald.

http://m.deccanherald.com/?name=http...-breakers.html
Attached Thumbnails
Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-1513493127072.jpg  

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-1513493139918.jpg  

SILVERWOOD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 17:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

The PIL filed by Drive Without Borders on the issue of potholes,Unmarked Speed Breakers & Dividers in the city of Bangalore came up before Court hall No. 1, High Court today.

The counsel from the BBMP too was present and sought for more time from the court.

Refusing to grant any further adjourned, Acting chief justice of Karnataka high court justice H G Ramesh directed the BBMP to fix the issue of potholes,Unmarked Speed Breakers Dividers in the city of Bangalore within a period of four weeks from today

Waseem.....
SILVERWOOD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 12:50   #53
Senior - BHPian

A Video of a recent accident at my hometown Anand. A car drove over an unmarked divider. As per news, it was a CNG car. Just after this bang, the door got locked and the driver died on the spot. Notice from 00.12.

Authorities immediately installed a reflective pole on that divider.

Road Dividers - A major cause of accidents-001.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks