Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 19:50   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Hi guys,
My son is turning 2 year old and i wanted to get a car seat which we can use till he reaches 5 or more.
I am going through the same dilemma.

Just when I was about to place order for Chicco group 123, I stumbled upon Jumping Jack by R for Rabbit. Features wise, both appear to be good enough.

But the apparent price difference between the two is such that one would lean towards the latter, however due to safety and reliability concerns you tend to choose the former.

Moreover, I had a word with one of the representative of R for Rabbit based in Ahmedabad and he was honest enough to admit that they procure parts from China & Taiwan and assemble their products in India. He also sounded confident about the certification they are showing on their website.

I haven't yet bought either of the two. But would soon buy after gaining more confidence through the reviews.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2016 at 10:45. Reason: Reduced quoted post
Old 28th May 2016, 11:30   #842
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Hi,

I need to buy a car seat soon to transition my older kid to. The younger one will be taking over the existing 1st Step car seat.

I am confused between the following:

1) Graco Highback TurboBooster Car Seat - Approx. Rs. 11,700/- on Amazon.in

2) Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Pierce - Approx. Rs. 11,500/- on Amazon.in

3) BabyBlue Car Baby Seat Black - Approx. Rs. 6,700/- on Amazon.in

4) Jumping Jack - The Growing Baby Car Seat from R for Rabbit - Approx. Rs. 5,500/- on Amazon.in

5) Evenflo Chase LX Harnessed Booster, Jubilee - Approx. Rs. 11,000/- on Amazon.in

6) Safety 1st Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 6,500/- on Firstcry.com

7) Mee Mee Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 7,000/- on Firstcry.com

8) Chicco 123 Grop-Up Baby Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 17,000/- on Firstcry.com

(7) seems to be about the same thing as (8) above, but at about half the price.

The biggest draw of the Graco seats is that they both support a maximum weight of 45Kg, as against 36 KG for all the other ones. This means that my older child will be able to use it for a long time, and my youger child will be well within the weight range buy the time my older one transitions to a plain backless booster.

Please advice.

The car seat we currently have and which is being used by our older daughter is this one:

1st Step Car Seat - Blue

It is about three years old and my daughter is outgrowing it, which is why we are thinking of getting a higher rated one for the older kid and giving this one to our younger kid.
Old 28th May 2016, 14:24   #843
BHPian

Most Car seats (certified) are good. However, please choose something that can be used in rear facing mode as it is far more safer. I am using a Britax First Class Plus :
http://www.britaxemea.com/car-seats/first-class-plus/

Can vouch for the comfort. My daughter is 2 now and she insists on sitting in 'her' seat. Make sure you start early and make it a habit that you buckle up too. Children tend to learn from what they see. I am looking for another one for my new born - can't seem to find one right now.

The second brand I seem to trust is Graco. Will buy that if unable to source the Britax.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 28th May 2016 at 14:25.
Old 30th May 2016, 19:39   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-06 View Post
I am going through the same dilemma.
Moreover, I had a word with one of the representative of R for Rabbit based in Ahmedabad and he was honest enough to admit that they procure parts from China & Taiwan and assemble their products in India. He also sounded confident about the certification they are showing on their website.
Hi HR06,
I have purchased the Jumping Jack last month. It's really comfy with good ergonomics. My 1.5 year old son has taken it well. It's lightweight but I found the quality quite acceptable. It's good chinese, not the chinese chinese (like Luv Laps or Mee Mees).
I also felt constrained to buy Chicco 1-2-3. It's like buying Xiaomi instead of iPhone.

Regards,
HR42.

Last edited by atnyia : 30th May 2016 at 19:42.
Old 31st May 2016, 12:46   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
Hi HR06,
I have purchased the Jumping Jack last month. It's really comfy with good ergonomics. My 1.5 year old son has taken it well. It's lightweight but I found the quality quite acceptable. It's good chinese, not the chinese chinese (like Luv Laps or Mee Mees).
I also felt constrained to buy Chicco 1-2-3. It's like buying Xiaomi instead of iPhone.

Regards,
HR42.
Hi HR42,

Thank you for reply.

Last line of your post has said it all.
Old 31st May 2016, 13:56   #846
BHPian

Planning to get the Graco Snug Ride Click Connect 35 - any real world experiences?
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:48   #847

We got a great deal today at Babyoye Store, Noida.

We bought Evenflo Tribute Crossville for just 4K. Original price for the same was 12k.

It's a steal.

PS - Anybody looking to buy a car seat from an international brand, then look no further. It's a limited period offer and valid only until stock lasts.
HR-06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 14:24   #848
BHPian

Picked up Chicco Nextfit from Chicco store in Skyzone, Lower Parel Mumbai for my 1.5 year son. After 10% discount it costed me 25,200 rs.

Before this we had Britax B-safe rear facing car seat. Will share some pictures once I install it in car.
Old 5th July 2016, 20:55   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Picked up Chicco Nextfit from Chicco store in Skyzone, Lower Parel Mumbai for my 1.5 year son. After 10% discount it costed me 25,200
Recently, I have bought the same for around Rs 22,000 from firstcry.com. Generally, once in a month they come up with offers(20% discount on 9 brands including Chicco)
Anybody else wants to buy Chicco items do keep watching for these offers from firstcry.
Old 6th July 2016, 15:16   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Recently, I have bought the same for around Rs 22,000 from firstcry.com. Generally, once in a month they come up with offers(20% discount on 9 brands including Chicco)
Anybody else wants to buy Chicco items do keep watching for these offers from firstcry.
Yes I read your post regarding firstcry discount but they don't have Nextfit listed on their website from couple of weeks now. I didn't wanted to wait long as our son was not comfortable in old carseat now so went ahead and bought Nextfit.
browneyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:14   #851
BHPian

Sharing few pictures of Chicco Nextfit.

Front:
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_130929.jpg

Side:
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_130947.jpg

Back:
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_131002.jpg

Installed using LATCH system in Ecosport.
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_132354.jpg

Rear facing installation.
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_133938.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20160710_134003.jpg
browneyes is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 10:41   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes View Post
Sharing few pictures of Chicco Nextfit.

Attachment 1527837
Looks really good. One thing I did notice - When installing it rear facing, aren't you supposed to recline it fully and then fit it?

I am struggling with my purchase of the 2nd Car seat. I do not see much point in buying a convertible - although it has its merits. One more thing that hinders me is the space in my Figo (rather the lack of it). The wild idea for new car popped up too but was quickly shelved

To everyone who is new to car seats for infants - please make sure they are rear facing as long as possible and they are fit correctly. When I bought my first I literally went to 4 different Shoppers Stop and Mothercare showrooms in order to get a perfect fit for my Britax. Eventually you figure out, its not rocket science - but for the first time, it was a nerve racking scenario.
Old 14th July 2016, 19:58   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Hi,

I need to buy a car seat soon to transition my older kid to. The younger one will be taking over the existing 1st Step car seat.

I am confused between the following:

1) Graco Highback TurboBooster Car Seat - Approx. Rs. 11,700/- on Amazon.in

2) Graco Affix Youth Booster Seat with Latch System, Pierce - Approx. Rs. 11,500/- on Amazon.in

3) BabyBlue Car Baby Seat Black - Approx. Rs. 6,700/- on Amazon.in

4) Jumping Jack - The Growing Baby Car Seat from R for Rabbit - Approx. Rs. 5,500/- on Amazon.in

5) Evenflo Chase LX Harnessed Booster, Jubilee - Approx. Rs. 11,000/- on Amazon.in

6) Safety 1st Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 6,500/- on Firstcry.com

7) Mee Mee Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 7,000/- on Firstcry.com

8) Chicco 123 Grop-Up Baby Car Seat - Black - Approx. Rs. 17,000/- on Firstcry.com

(7) seems to be about the same thing as (8) above, but at about half the price.

The biggest draw of the Graco seats is that they both support a maximum weight of 45Kg, as against 36 KG for all the other ones. This means that my older child will be able to use it for a long time, and my youger child will be well within the weight range buy the time my older one transitions to a plain backless booster.

Please advice.

The car seat we currently have and which is being used by our older daughter is this one:

1st Step Car Seat - Blue

It is about three years old and my daughter is outgrowing it, which is why we are thinking of getting a higher rated one for the older kid and giving this one to our younger kid.

Which one did you buy and how is it?

I came across Garco Junior Maxi Rallysport booster seat for ~5500. But I couldn't find any references in the Graco US website. UK stores do have a variant of this with some reviews mentioning poor score in "Which?" test. Anyone using this one?

The other options for me are Graco Highback Turbobooster for around 8K and Evenflo Amp Highback for around 7K.
Old 20th July 2016, 20:56   #854
BHPian

I wound up buying the Graco Affix Highback for about 10K off Amazon.in.

It seems pretty good, but is very lightweight.
Old 27th July 2016, 14:41   #855
Senior - BHPian

What is the re-sale value of Baby Car seats? Do people buy pre-used Baby car seats?

Most Viewed