Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2007, 23:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Which baby car seat?

I have been looking for a good quality multi-purpose baby car seat for last one month. Net search does not give a very good result.

Can somebody please help with following questions:

1. Are baby car seats really useful
2. Are you using it?
3. where can I buy it in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida?
4. Any link on net for online purchase?
5. What precautions should one take while using it?
6. How much should it cost?
Old 17th October 2007, 23:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I have been looking for a good quality multi-purpose baby car seat for last one month. Net search does not give a very good result.
probably because you have always been looking in gadgets section?
Old 18th October 2007, 00:40   #78
BHPian

Though I am half asleep, I remember seeing a discussion on this topic.

Okay, here it is:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...highlight=seat
Old 18th October 2007, 10:09   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody please help with following questions:

2. Are you using it?

We are using one for our 6 month old baby and it has been quite useful to us.Atleast it is saving us a driver's salary every month.

My wife is posted around 11 km away and she carries the baby in car seat.Best part is kid also enjoys it very much .

Cant tell u more as we got it as gift from my in-laws from states.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:20   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Are you using it?
3. where can I buy it in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida?
4. Any link on net for online purchase?
5. What precautions should one take while using it?
6. How much should it cost?
1. they should be mnadatory. the chances a well strapped baby has to survive in a crash are dramatically higher.

2. we used it (we had 3 one for each car) when we had our son. today at age 5 he still sits in a booster seat in the left rear of the car.

3/4. no idea.

5. follow install instructions to the letter.

6. Graco and Evenflo are around 7-10K, Britax is a bit more but well worth it. We bought the Britax after advice from my godfather (he has 11 grand kids) and were gifted the Graco and Evenflo.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your response people, can anybody tell me any place in Gurgaon or Delhi where I can find these brands
Old 18th October 2007, 11:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

maalik,

in lifestyle, you get these modular prams for likr 7.5-9k of which the seat can be taken out and fit into the car as a car seat. It is modular, so can fit babies from a few months to a few years. Nifty.

Although, should you be vella, you can get decent stuff for babies (donno of car seats specifically) in chandnichowk for like 20-30% of the malls' rate!
Old 19th October 2007, 12:41   #83
Team-BHP Support

Rkbharat,

Please do a search for all the possible terms before starting a new thread (threads merged).

Thanks for finding the link SU-47!

Quote:
Thanks for your response people, can anybody tell me any place in Gurgaon or Delhi where I can find these brands
Try this thread for that info > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...e-gurgaon.html

cya
R
Old 31st October 2007, 18:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Rkbharat,

Please do a search for all the possible terms before starting a new thread (threads merged).

Rehan sorry about that. Thanks for merging the thread.

I searched every where in Gurgaon, Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and some big toy stores. But could not find a good one. Finally ended up into a newly opened CTC Plaza, adjacent to Grand Mall. There is a very good store for kids essentials and accessories, by the name of "Bibs & Cribs". they have all the brands and all the types of car baby seat. range starts from 4000 to 15000. They have front facing and rear facing. They have very good collection of trolleys and beds, bit costly but good quality.

To try if it works and my daughter feels comfortable in it, I bought one from Sun Baby, 4400Rs, front facing, as my daughter is now 6 month and can balance head.

I took her on small ride in the seat, and she is liking it very much. So I will keep it for now.

Graco is starting from 12000 and I was not in the mood of spending that much when I was not sure if it will work. So good it works.

Bibs & Cribs, CTC Plaza, 3rd floor
Managers name is: Kamal: phone : 0124-4201324

Last edited by rkbharat : 31st October 2007 at 18:35.
Old 6th November 2007, 17:36   #85
BHPian

Graco booster for 6500Rs.

Bibs and Cribs ( at http://bibsncribs.in) is offering a Graco Junior Maxi Giulio booster seat (for 15-30Kg) for 6500 Rs.

Isn't this too much?

The Junior Maxi Giulio is available at a European Graco site ( http://www.graco-shop.nl/ ) for 70 Euro, or 3980 Rs. A different Junior Maxi is available at http://www.preciouslittleone.com/acatalog/Group_23.html for 33 Pounds or 3000 Rs.

Finally, the Graco Air Booster (only available in the US, I think) seems to be better than anything else with soft padding, at only $99, which is about 3950 Rs.

And those are retail prices. I can't believe the customs and VAT are 100% on baby seats!

Anyway, has anyone bought the Graco Junior Maxi Giulio? Is it worth it? Compared to the Carmate booster seat? Please comment.
Old 6th November 2007, 20:07   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
And those are retail prices. I can't believe the customs and VAT are 100% on baby seats!
Hi,

You forgot 2 important costs. Duty is 37 % + Octroi 5.5% + clearing agent costs etc.

1> Freight
2> Profit margin of retailer

Viper
Old 7th November 2007, 17:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

You forgot 2 important costs. Duty is 37 % + Octroi 5.5% + clearing agent costs etc.

1> Freight
2> Profit margin of retailer

Viper
Thanks for your reply. Isn't duty the same thing as customs? (As in "customs duty").

Also, I would imagine the importer would be importing at wholesale price, not the final retail price paid by British or Dutch customers.

So, for example, if the retail price in Europe is 70 Euro or 3980 Rs., the wholesale price should be something like 50 Euro. It is this price to which customs and other taxes should be added.

Unfortunately, Indian consumers seem bound to always pay obscenely more, just as with cars.
Old 4th March 2008, 01:20   #88
Handbrake Harry

Hi You could contact Sirish at RACEtech on info@racetech.co.in I think they do the Simpson range of seats.

Old 4th March 2008, 08:25   #89
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
My son is 10 months old and i am going to get a baby seat..my concern is whether he will use it as he is so restless.
my son is 7 months old and i have the same problem, any tips on keeping him happy while he's in it?
I dont let him watch TV(not supposed to be good for behavioral development) so DVD player is out of the question.
a never ending supply of toys might help, but each toy lasts 5 mins max before he loses interest.

I would really like to keep him safe, but he wont let me.
help!

Old 4th March 2008, 09:41   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

anyone tried "mother care" in Indira nagar bangalore for child seats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks