Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2018, 18:37   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
One of my close friend is recently blessed with a baby girl and I am planning to gift a child seat for her 21st day ceremony. Friend uses a Tiago XZ for daily commutes. I checked online and found it does not have Isofix mounts. Have two queries:

1: Does Tiago XZ not come with isofix mounts(Existing tiago owners please help). I went through the official review but was not able to locate any mentions.
2: How good are child seats without isofix mounts? Will they be able to handle daily in town commutes which involves mild braking.
3: Found LuvLap child seats on amazon for group 0 and 1 with decent reviews. The description shows it as certified per European Standard. Below is the link. Any member has used this one?

http://amzn.in/1d6ChnL

With the ceremony coming up fast, will appreciate some quick help
While others can answer 1 and 3, my response for 2: Any child seat is good. I have been using one without ISOFIX for the past 6 years and have been no trouble whatsoever, and I have been involved in panic braking situations. So, dont worry on that account. Its great that you have chosen to gift a car seat to the kid
Old 19th February 2018, 18:57   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
One of my close friend is recently blessed with a baby girl and I am planning to gift a child seat for her 21st day ceremony. Friend uses a Tiago XZ for daily commutes. I checked online and found it does not have Isofix mounts. Have two queries:

1: Does Tiago XZ not come with isofix mounts(Existing tiago owners please help). I went through the official review but was not able to locate any mentions.
2: How good are child seats without isofix mounts? Will they be able to handle daily in town commutes which involves mild braking.
3: Found LuvLap child seats on amazon for group 0 and 1 with decent reviews. The description shows it as certified per European Standard. Below is the link. Any member has used this one?

http://amzn.in/1d6ChnL

With the ceremony coming up fast, will appreciate some quick help
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
While others can answer 1 and 3, my response for 2: Any child seat is good. I have been using one without ISOFIX for the past 6 years and have been no trouble whatsoever, and I have been involved in panic braking situations. So, dont worry on that account. Its great that you have chosen to gift a car seat to the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Bought the following from Amazon for about Rs. 2400

Luvlap Infant Baby Car Seat Cum Carry Cot and Rocker with Canopy (https://www.amazon.in/dp/B015N4X3F6/...ing=UTF8&psc=1)

Took my kid out in the same when she was of 13 days for her first doctor checkup.
No complaints from her as she slept the 45 mins drive to the hospital, with her mom by her side.

I have been using the below mentioned seat since my kid was of 2 weeks, and she is very comfortable in it.
Plus it also doubles up as a carry cot.
Till the infants neck becomes steady, I believe this is a better option rather than the one you have shortlisted (I went through the same conundrum before getting a car seat, but finally bought the one below)

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01H8OFABE/...detail_1?psc=1

Last edited by blackasta : 19th February 2018 at 18:58.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 21:33   #993
BANNED

Toyhouse car seats arrived yesterday but I returned it. Because the product they sent to me did not have isofix attachment. It was clearly mismatch from the pictures present in Amazon website vs what was delivered.

Went to Nexa dealership today but the accessories person had gone for leave. Will check again on Monday.
Old 5th March 2018, 17:46   #994

Need help on getting car seat belt extenders.

Got an infant rear facing car seat from MeeMee which will need the longer portion of the seat belt to go through the back while the lap belt will secure from the front.

while trying to fit in Spark, the seat belt seem coming short. looking for good seat belt extenders which I can buy online ( I am at Trivandrum, kerala and the options in shops are literally nill). Wondering if someone can guide me to any good option for extenders ( from the look of it, I believe that I will need an extender at the bolt side rather than the usually available extender at latch side)

Thanks in advance

Regards,
George V
Old 29th March 2018, 20:50   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
No. I have to wait for about 15 days as they only have Pink/Black one in stock. No Blue/Black in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
No such restrictions. Anyone can walk into their showroom and get one. I purchased one child seat for a friend last year and the order was placed from an MGP store.

There are two types. One is smaller and retails for Rs. 2990. Other is priced at Rs. 5990.

Regards
Shashi

Guys did anyone of you get the seat? I am planning to buy one for my daughter as she has over grown her infant seat.

That's when I saw this seat being discussed here. Unfortunately the Nexa showroom does not have one in stock to see or feel.

How's the seat?
Old 29th March 2018, 21:50   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys did anyone of you get the seat? I am planning to buy one for my daughter as she has over grown her infant seat.

That's when I saw this seat being discussed here. Unfortunately the Nexa showroom does not have one in stock to see or feel.

How's the seat?
Yes I had purchased a child seat(6k worth) for a friend, and will try to get you the pics before this weekend. I got it from a MGP store. You can check it at normal Maruti dealerships also. Atleast the ones in my city have a seat in display.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 22:11   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post

How's the seat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes I had purchased a child seat(6k worth) for a friend, and will try to get you the pics before this weekend. I got it from a MGP store. You can check it at normal Maruti dealerships also. Atleast the ones in my city have a seat in display.

Regards
Shashi
Unfortunately I'm still waiting. NEXA is least interested in sourcing the seat. They keep telling me it's not in stock even with the company.

Same issue with my Celerio Workshop Manual, Alto Parts Catalogue and Alto Workshop Manual. MGP dealer keeps saying it's not been dispatched.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 18:21   #998
BANNED

I was frustrated by Nexa's response and decided to Buy one from Amazon from Non-Amazon Fulfilled seller, AmazinglyFab. Placed the order about 7 days back. Yet to receive the product. The model is Evenflo Maestro. The seller's website shows it's in transit and not yet custom cleared.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 23:33   #999
BANNED

The car seat ordered from Amazon finally arrived today. Had booked it through AmazinglyFab seller for 13,430 Rs. The seller provided a tracking id through which I was tracking the status. They also provided the local courier tracking id once It got custom cleared. There were some anxious moments as it remained in "to be custom cleared" state for around 10 days. I had to drop an email to seller to which they were very prompt to reply. I would say the experience to be not bad. The packaging was just ok.

The seats are looking good and seem to have good enough cushioning. The cup holders are detachable. It has the latch system which should fix in my car's isofix attachment.

I am yet to install the seats in my car. Will share those pics later.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img20180412231314.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img20180412230244.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img20180412231532.jpg

AmazinglyFab seller's tracking page:
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-ordertracking.jpg
ottocycle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 11:58   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The car seat ordered from Amazon finally arrived today. Had booked it through AmazinglyFab seller for 13,430 Rs.
Is this amount including customs, delivery charge etc. Amazon mentions 16000 product cost + 21000 delivery charge. Would be good to know if you only had to pay 13430 overall
Old 15th April 2018, 19:37   #1001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Is this amount including customs, delivery charge etc. Amazon mentions 16000 product cost + 21000 delivery charge. Would be good to know if you only had to pay 13430 overall
Yes. The amount includes everything. You have to choose the seller. I choose Amazingly Fab as they had better reviews than others. Also not that it will not be Amazon fulfilled. So Amazon may not take responsibility in case something goes wrong. Little risk in that way but it was worth taking. Because none of the products available in India had isofix in this range.
ottocycle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2018, 22:26   #1002
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. The amount includes everything. You have to choose the seller. I choose Amazingly Fab as they had better reviews than others.
How old is your child? My son turns one in a few days and has out grown the infant seat we currently have. The minimum age recommended by the manufacturer (as per amazon product details) is 12 months so I'm hoping this will be OK for a one year old.
Old 21st April 2018, 16:57   #1003
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
How old is your child? My son turns one in a few days and has out grown the infant seat we currently have. The minimum age recommended by the manufacturer (as per amazon product details) is 12 months so I'm hoping this will be OK for a one year old.
My kid is little over two years old. The seat fits him perfectly. There are 4 hieght setting for harness and my kid fitting in 3rd from bottom. So I guess one year old kid will fit as well. Please note that this does not have recline. Minimum weight criteria is 9 kg.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 10:36   #1004
ike
BHPian

Quote:
So I guess one year old kid will fit as well. Please note that this does not have recline. Minimum weight criteria is 9 kg.
I have also ordered this from a 3rd party seller in Amazon called exborders, have been promised delivery by 5th of May 2018.
Old 5th May 2018, 17:39   #1005
ike
BHPian

My evenflo maestro was delivered yesterday. It took 2 weeks from ordering to delivery. The seat looks and feels good and durable. The cost was INR12,850. The LATCH system can be hooked up to my ISOFIX and it seems to be more stable (or more "planted") than the usual seat belt system.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-whatsapp-image-20180505-11.16.33.jpeg  

Last edited by ike : 5th May 2018 at 17:41. Reason: Formatting
ike is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks