Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 07:43   #1081
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitkodali View Post
If anyone is traveling via Emirates to Europe / US or Dubai, you could do the same.
I am travelling to Europe in July, via Emirates. However, I guess the car seat itself is about 25kg. Is that part of the overall allowance you get, or is it above that?
Old 30th June 2019, 06:50   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I had a seat which did not have an ISOFIX tether point. I ordered an ISOFIX to ISOFIX belt off AliExpress and used it to secure the seat. Works fine and movement was very minimal once the seat belt also was secured.
This ISOFIX belt is compatible with any car seat or do we have to buy a specific seat for this attachment? Also please share the link.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 30th June 2019 at 06:53.
Old 1st July 2019, 09:37   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
This ISOFIX belt is compatible with any car seat or do we have to buy a specific seat for this attachment? Also please share the link.
It should work with any seat. I just used it horizontally across the seat and latched it to the ISOFIX points on the car.

Similar to this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...AbTest=ae803_3
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-capture.png
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 10:16   #1084
Distinguished - BHPian

I recently took a 5 day vacation in Coorg, and drove down from Bangalore inn a Revv.
The only reason I was able to do so was the availability of hired car seats in Bangalore. I took one from Yopik.in for 5 days, ad was charged 1200 bucks for the entire thing. They will drop it off at any place in the city and pick it up from the same place.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 10:52   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I recently took a 5 day vacation in Coorg, and drove down from Bangalore inn a Revv.
The only reason I was able to do so was the availability of hired car seats in Bangalore. I took one from Yopik.in for 5 days, ad was charged 1200 bucks for the entire thing. They will drop it off at any place in the city and pick it up from the same place.

Wow that is a really nice service! Car seat culture for kids has yet to pick up in India. So dangerous to see kids in the front seat on a parents "godhi" (lap). So scary. Or kids in the back just doing whatever they want.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:48   #1086
BHPian

I am back to this thread after a month. I have the Chicco Eletta car seat currently - and it can be used upto 18kgs - however there are 2 issues I am facing:

1. My daughter is not comfortable with the recline and want the seat to be more upright (shes 18 months old now)
2. My swift lacks space at the back. Her legs constantly hit the back of the front seat causing discomfort.

I am planning to get a new seat with a more upright stance (I used one from sixt when I hired a car in spain recently - was great). Are there and ISOFIX seats available for the 9-18kg category? Which ones comes recommended for a good fit in a cramped space car like the swift.

Lastly - has anyone use the isofix belts as in the above posts to convert a seatbelt seat to isofix mounts.
Old 27th July 2019, 19:50   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Please see post 932, regarding Evenflo Spectrum Highback Booster Car Seat, which I currently use for my 5 year old son.

Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MQWR6UU/..._Cdf6zb549ZRXW

Strongly recommended.
Hi read your post and thanks for your experience. My son is 5 and looking to replaced the baby car seat with a booster one. Could you tell how much was the purchase price from Amazon? Currently it is showing it as 18K !
Old 27th July 2019, 22:56   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Hi read your post and thanks for your experience. My son is 5 and looking to replaced the baby car seat with a booster one. Could you tell how much was the purchase price from Amazon? Currently it is showing it as 18K !
Hi.

I purchased it in Sep 17 for 14300.

Cheers.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 02:58   #1089
BHPian

So, as I couldn't find any ISOFIX seat in Mumbai, we bought one from France when we went there last week - the Bebe Confort Titan Pro (https://www.bebeconfort.com/internat...eats/titan-pro) . Cost us 300 EUR. Got it through Emirates to India free of charge.

It's a Group 1/2/3 convertible model and fits really well in the car - doesn't move an inch, once you anchor it with the top tether.

My 14 month old daughter is pretty comfortable in the seat and often just dozes off in the seat. The width of the seat too isn't that big. With the car seat, 3 people can easily sit in the rear seat of our Skoda Octavia.

Just hope Indian/Global manufacturers wake up and realize that there is quite a fair bit of demand for such safer products in India and launch these models here as well.

BTW, Bebe Confort and Max Cosi are the same.

Last edited by krishnadevjs : 28th July 2019 at 03:00.
Old 3rd August 2019, 10:49   #1090
BHPian

Any suggestions for renting a car seat in Chennai? Relatives are coming down from UK and they need a extra car seat for their kid.
Old 12th August 2019, 21:24   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
I am travelling to Europe in July, via Emirates. However, I guess the car seat itself is about 25kg. Is that part of the overall allowance you get, or is it above that?
The car seat is about 10-12kgs. Since europe is weight concepts & not piece concept like US.. it is easier.
Old 4th September 2019, 09:56   #1092
BHPian

Hey guys, I wanted to check if it's a good idea to buy a used car seat? Some colleagues of mine have one and their children have outgrown it but I don't know if it's safe to get one.

For reference, I've a 4-month-old toddler and the ride is Creta/ have ISOFIX
Old 4th September 2019, 10:07   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Hey guys, I wanted to check if it's a good idea to buy a used car seat? Some colleagues of mine have one and their children have outgrown it but I don't know if it's safe to get one.

Nothing wrong in buying a used seat if you know the history. Ideally a car seat should be scrapped if it has been involved in an accident. But if there is no such history, you can save a lot by going the pre-owned way.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 10:42   #1094
BHPian

Quote:

Take the details of the make and model, see if it suits your requirement. In most cases the fabric can be taken off and washed etc to ensure hygiene.

My little one likes to munch something while sitting in the seat and hence needs to be periodically cleaned.

Little ones are sensitive to all kinds of germs. Apart from that it is great to have it buy it from your colleague as it will save you a lot.
freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 11:13   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Car seats have expiry dates as well, please check them. Generally, I think their expiry is set to about 5-6 years based on what I read a long time back. Do read up on the same to see if it is still the same.

Good luck with your purchase
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks