Team-BHP > Road Safety > Drive Safe

Old 26th May 2020, 14:44   #1156
BHPian

Default Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Thanks for responding!

We're expecting so need it for newborn but something that would work till a few years down the line as well.
Appreciate your help!
First of all congratulations!! I will suggest go for a Baby safe from Britax or from similar range seat from Joie or Mothercare. This seat is typically for new born to 18 months old, mounted in rear facing mode in the car with 3 point belt.

Generally these seats come with a neck and back support for new born. I know this surely comes with Britax but it should be same with Joie/Mother care.

Post 18 months, you can select a combination seat that can have 9 months to 12 year range, again in 3 point belted mode.
amitahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 12:07   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
Post 18 months, you can select a combination seat that can have 9 months to 12 year range, again in 3 point belted mode.
Are there car seats that are good for newborns as well as for kids upto 6-7 years? Spending 15-20k now and then again after 1.5 years is a little concerning.
Old 11th June 2020, 12:28   #1158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the market to buy a car seat. I have a 2013 4x4 Fortuner and 2017 Celerio Zxi (O) AMT.

What kind of car seat do I need to look for if it should work with both the cars?
My daughter is 15 months old and I have an EcoSport (with ISOFIX) and Tiago (without). After a LOT of research, we eventually bought the Graco 4-in-1 Car Seat that can be used right for the baby's trip back home from the hospital to ~10 years. (Bought it on Amazon IN for 25k)

https://www.amazon.in/Graco-4Ever-Co.../dp/B00Y2863GQ

However, we consciously decided not to put her in a car seat until she could sit upright by herself, mainly for two reasons:
1) until she could, her neck wouldn't be adequately supported
2) given our infrastructure and roads being what they are, we didn't want her getting thrown around
3) In our experience, she fit in the car seat comfortably when she was about 12 months. The car seat has extra cushions for a younger baby but we didn't want to use them. Again, this depends on your kid's build

I've been intending to write a detailed review of our car seat but that's being put off far too long.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 14:09   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My daughter is 15 months old and I have an EcoSport (with ISOFIX) and Tiago (without). After a LOT of research, we eventually bought the Graco 4-in-1 Car Seat
The one you bought isn't available anymore but I see a similar model, thoughts please.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07KBLM8Y8/..._uYE4EbDF83VHY
Old 11th June 2020, 14:20   #1160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The one you bought isn't available anymore but I see a similar model, thoughts please.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07KBLM8Y8/..._uYE4EbDF83VHY
They're both mostly the same, with the DLX version having a few more features. Although these additional features seem more for the books, I doubt how much more they add up for in the real world. You absolutely can't go wrong with it.

https://carseatcomparison.net/graco-...tween-the-two/

One thing that helped us get our daughter acclimatized/like the car seat: after the car seat was delivered, we unboxed it and kept it in the living room for a few days, until I figured out all the features. During this time, my daughter kept checking it out and even wanted to sit in it. Although this was unintentional, we feel it helped her be comfortable in/with the car seat, so much so, that she points to the car seat when we're in the car.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 14:30   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
They're both mostly the same, with the DLX version having a few more features. Although these additional features seem more for the books, I doubt how much more they add up for in the real world. You absolutely can't go wrong with it.
Thanks! Just placed the order.

And the idea of putting this out in the kids room is excellent I think, cheers!
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 20:29   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Are there car seats that are good for newborns as well as for kids upto 6-7 years? Spending 15-20k now and then again after 1.5 years is a little concerning.
There are also seats that cater age limit from new born to 10 years. Again, these seats do cover all age limit but may not be comfortable as it is like specific new born seat that has age group of 0-18 months. Some seats are available that has the range of new born to 4 years and that is something I can suggest. Normally with belted installation there are limited options and with isofix there are plenty.

Most Viewed