Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 19:39   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

You can go to any Mom&Me/Shoppers Stop stores and request them to check the seat fitment in your car.

Do not buy without checking the fitment!
Old 26th June 2014, 19:51   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
... any Bombayites have idea about where to procure good child seats from ?...
Not a Mumbaiker, but, may I, if you are OK with online purchase, suggest Firstcry.com. I had bought car seat from them for my son when he was about ~9months. He is 4-years old now. The car seat has held up pretty fine and fits all my cars- Safari, Brio and Wagon-r. My wagon-r is type-1 with rear split seats w/o seatbelts hence, had to use front co-passenger seat. We took him out very rarely in wagon-r though. It is almost a permanent fixture in Brio and Safari (only for long drives).

-BJ
Old 27th June 2014, 10:51   #573
BHPian

Re: Travelling with Infant during long journeys

My son has been on a car seat since 1. I only wish I had got the sense earlier to get it installed as soon as he was born.
He simply loves it now. He doesn't like sitting anywhere else. I like it when he says "NO!" to a visiting relative who would ask him to sit with them in the front seat of our car. I don't need to give explanations.
Nearly 4, and since we are getting a new car, I am looking for a booster seat which will serve him for more years.
My advice to whoever has kids in the car - there is no other place like a belted up kid in a belted car seat.
Old 27th June 2014, 11:17   #574
BHPian

My son, who is now a year old, has been in the car seat since the very beginning.
A trip to the grocer, or the mall, or visiting friends and relatives, we have ensured he remains in the car seat.

We have had multiple road trips, where we have kept him in the same.

His car seat upper section, snaps into the stroller as well (Graco + Graco) so, he has been using this combination during flight trips [6 now] (they take the stroller and stow it away during the flight), and during some late night outs for dinner (he sleeps in the car seat on the stroller).

The car seat is usually fit in the center of the middle seat of the Ertiga, or the rear right seats of the Swift or the i10.

To keep him occupied at times, we hang some of his toys from the handle of the car seat that curves over him if needed.

Last edited by latentpotential : 27th June 2014 at 11:44. Reason: Word
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 11:20   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
My son has been on a car seat since 1. I only wish I had got the sense earlier to get it installed as soon as he was born.
He simply loves it now. He doesn't like sitting anywhere else. I like it when he says "NO!" to a visiting relative who would ask him to sit with them in the front seat of our car. I don't need to give explanations.
Nearly 4, and since we are getting a new car, I am looking for a booster seat which will serve him for more years.
My advice to whoever has kids in the car - there is no other place like a belted up kid in a belted car seat.
Agreed. But be careful in your choice of booster seat - I read http://www.thatslife.com.au/Article/...ed-my-daughter recently and am not planning a booster seat anytime soon for my 3 yearold.
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 11:50   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Agreed. But be careful in your choice of booster seat - I read http://www.thatslife.com.au/Article/...ed-my-daughter recently and am not planning a booster seat anytime soon for my 3 yearold.
Thanks for sharing this link. We had already started exploring deals for booster seats, hoping we can source a good one in advance in the next few months.
Old 27th June 2014, 16:49   #577
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of the child seat for my dear son.
Model : Lil wanderers .
Price : 7999
Convertible seat. (i.e) can be used both as Rear facing and Front facing.
Shop: Mom and me , city centre branch , Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1403867860393.jpg  

undead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 19:14   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using this booster seat for my daughter who is 4 Years now. This of course is front facing and comes with the following functions:
  • Detachable back
  • Reclining back
  • Adjustable back for seat belt height
  • 2 bottle holders on either side

Got this from one of my friends last year who was returning from US. Make is GRACO. Here are few pictures for more details.

How it looks from the side:

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20140627_170132.jpg

The netted bases, Bottle holder (in black), & the cushions:

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20140627_170210.jpg

When hooked to the seat belts:

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20140627_170314.jpg

Compare this with the above pic to see how one can adjust the height of the back accordingly to match your kid's shoulder for proper belt placement:

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20140627_170335.jpg

And it reclines the way you set the reclining angle of the actual seat of your car:

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20140627_170415.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:37   #579
BHPian

There is a sale at shoppers stop right now, and some good discounts on child seats for those who are planning to buy it.
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:00   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there much of a choice?

I took my expecting step-daughter on a fact finding trip to Mothercare in Express Ave yesterday, but it left her feeling that son-in-law will probably buy this, and most other stuff, on his regular Singapore business trips.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:20   #581
BHPian

Got this child seat from Style Plus TVM today for my 4 - year old.
Adjustable, removable, reclinable back, 9-25 KG, 3-10 years.
Approx cost 5K. Make is 1st Step.

She has refused to ride in the back till now, but since my wife is pregnant, the seat has become essential, and we have been weaning her on to the idea over the past few days. With her Samsung Tab 3 Neo in hand, she is now perfectly happy in the back, and she loves her new seat and is very proud of it. What makes her doubly happy is that she can now comfortably use the center armrest, which she could not before because she did not have the height.

Please forgive the picture quality as it is night and my mobile is all I have on me right now.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1404751687707.jpg  

Last edited by pillainp : 7th July 2014 at 22:24.
pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 04:19   #582
BHPian

Has anyone heard about car seats by goodbaby? I found one for less than Rs. 5000 work all the features of a Rs. 14000 car seat but I am not sure if it is of reliable quality or not
Old 30th July 2014, 07:21   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Has anyone heard about car seats by goodbaby? I found one for less than Rs. 5000 work all the features of a Rs. 14000 car seat but I am not sure if it is of reliable quality or not
If it isnt a well reputed foreign brand, I wouldn't take it. http://www.goodbabydubai.com/ seems to be a distributor not a mfr.

This is pretty much the only thing that keeps our children alive in the event of an accident. Of all the things, this is the last thing in the universe one should save money on.

I'd recommend picking up stuff from OLX (less than 3 years old) or places like delhibabies (esp relocating families) or buying cheaper mothercare/ shopperstop brands vs the likes of britax / evenflo etc, but buy a good brand that has been tested/demonstrated to save lives, not just a contraption that looks like a car seat.

That aside, I have a question for all parents of a three year old. My son needs a little assistance climbing into the swift - he does it by pulling on the car seat cover. Now the little man does like to have something to hold while getting into the car. From the rear RHS, it is only the car seat backside. Has anyone installed anything in their cars to help their little ones climb in?
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 14:12   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Ended up ordering this rear-facing infant seat for the new addition to the family. It seems to be more popular in Europe since there don't seem to be any links on Amazon.com (just .co.uk). Got it on the Shoppers Stop website listed at 50% off, though the UK discounted price was actually lower than what I paid for it. Oh well!
Correct me if Im wrong, but this doesnt look like an 5 point harness. Or is it that group 1 seats dont come with 5 point ?

I was going through this thread as I needed a seat for my nearly 4 years old daughter and one for my 7 month old boy.

For the boy I already have one similar to the one posted by you maxi cosi but from mothercare.

For the seats I was considering a maxicosi or mothercare but do not know if they offer 5 point harness.

Still checking and trying to understand better.

Last edited by noopster : 18th August 2014 at 14:15. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 18th August 2014, 14:19   #585
BHPian

It is a request to all,

Please promote and emphasise on all posts on this thread as far as possible to please only consider buying seats with 5 point harness and try to avoid booster seats for kids below 12 years.

A few of the above posts I have read on purchases by fellow bhpians dont have 5 point harness. ( atleast the pictures appears so ) This is a must.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks