Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 11:59   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Would it be possible for you to put up a picture of the car seat? Generally what I have noticed is that baby seats (for small babies & toddlers) come as a one single unit/piece. There are no parts which can be removed or put back. This is because the seat is designed (as a single piece) to hold the baby in the maximum comfortable and safe position. So if parts are removable, the positions might also change. A bit surprised to find a baby seat where the back rest can be removed.

Booster seats would be any way for bigger kids, who can manage themselves better. My understanding is that booster seats are required because an adult seat is too big and the normal seat belt may actually cause more injury to the kid, by suffocating it.

I purchased my car seat from a shop. Was not very sure of Online shopping in this case. Mainly because the investment is on the higher side, and I wanted some one to patiently answer my questions. And I wanted to ensure that the car seat can be fixed in a neat manner in my Quanto. Generally for car seats there is an age limit & weight limit. Age more than xxx months, weight more than xxx kgs - but less than xxx kgs etc.
I have a mother care car seat which can be converted to a booster seat by removing the seat back. Costed Rs 7K 3 years back.
Old 28th October 2014, 12:15   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I have a mother care car seat which can be converted to a booster seat by removing the seat back. Costed Rs 7K 3 years back.
Can you upload a picture of the same? Want to know a bit more of it. Currently I have an EcoFlow(??) Car seat. It CANNOT be used as a booster seat, but can be used in front facing and rear facing positions.
Old 28th October 2014, 14:04   #633
Senior - BHPian

@Sachin: This is the official link for the seat:

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare...efault,pd.html

My daughter is 5yrs old fyi.
Old 28th October 2014, 17:21   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
@Sachin: This is the official link for the seat:
My daughter is 5yrs old fyi.
Guess we were discussing apples and oranges then. The seat you have is a typical booster seat, which is for slightly grown up kids (like you said 5 years). My little one is still a baby on that count, so her car seat is going to have a very different design. The seat I have, needs to be changed after the occupant crosses the age of three (and has some minimum required weight).
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 09:41   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Can you upload a picture of the same? Want to know a bit more of it. Currently I have an EcoFlow(??) Car seat. It CANNOT be used as a booster seat, but can be used in front facing and rear facing positions.
Here is the picture. Sorry for the poor quality
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20141029_091040876_hdr.jpg
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 17:31   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I am yet to instal it as the guy who is supposed to be the expert is on leave. I should be getting it installed this week.
Pratyush - Search "Britax Eclipse Car Seat" in youtube and you can see few video instructions on installation. If you have different model search that model name.
I have faced the same issue when I bought Britax First class plus few months back, but youtube instruction helped.
Old 29th October 2014, 18:39   #637
Senior - BHPian

I think @pramodpk and @deathwalkr are talking about the exact same model of booster seat.
Now, I am still not sure how the back portion can be detached removed. The internal cushion (near the head) can be removed as I can see.
Old 30th October 2014, 20:48   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Pratyush - Search "Britax Eclipse Car Seat" in Youtube and you can see few video instructions on installation. If you have different model search that model name.
I have faced the same issue when I bought Britax First class plus few months back, but Youtube instruction helped.
Checked it out. In fact I have the Britax First Class Plus itself - was very helpful. Thanks!
Old 1st November 2014, 18:09   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I think @pramodpk and @deathwalkr are talking about the exact same model of booster seat.
Now, I am still not sure how the back portion can be detached removed. The internal cushion (near the head) can be removed as I can see.
Shall send you pics tomorrow
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:51   #640
BHPian

Got a baby seat for my 9 month old from Kottayam, Kerala last week. Shop was Baby Planet. Made in Taiwan or somewhere, imported by Mahindra Retail. No warranty. Price was 7.5k.

This particular model can be used rear facing for 0-10 kg, and front facing for 9-18 kg. Installation was pretty easy, with the help of the illustrated catalogue.
Attached Thumbnails
"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1415038746380.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1415038782179.jpg  

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-1415038797294.jpg  

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 3rd November 2014 at 23:53.
Old 29th November 2014, 08:52   #641
BHPian

I am guilty of not using one so far for my 3 year old son and want to correct my mistake. I am worried that he might not like to sit a car seat now. I should have him got used to it from the beginning, but I was blissfully ignorant. Anyway, I want to now buy a used one (that is good though) and check if he is going to use it.

I found a 4 year old "Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Car Seat - Gavit". Does anyone have a review of this model? I couldn't find if the seat has a 3-point harness or a 5-point harness. Any other points I should consider before going with this seat?
Old 29th November 2014, 11:47   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I am guilty of not using one so far for my 3 year old son and want to correct my mistake. I am worried that he might not like to sit a car seat now. I should have him got used to it from the beginning, but I was blissfully ignorant. Anyway, I want to now buy a used one (that is good though) and check if he is going to use it.

I found a 4 year old "Graco Nautilus 3-In-1 Car Seat - Gavit". Does anyone have a review of this model? I couldn't find if the seat has a 3-point harness or a 5-point harness. Any other points I should consider before going with this seat?
It is quite likely to be outside its safe use period in a few months.

My son's car seat had a five year lifetime (sometime late 2015). Hence I need to change our 2011 bought car seat (mfd late 2010) that time.

by the same logic your car seat may not have any safe age left.

Atthis age kids just wont stay in the car seat unless you discipline them very much - its tough to do if you've not inculcated the right habits so far. But better late than never.
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 11:50   #643
Team-BHP Support

Shifu.

+1 to phamilyman.

It is going to be a little difficult getting the kid to agree being strapped in. But it will help a lot if EVERYONE in the car is strapped in. Everyone makes a big deal about being strapped in. So the kid feels left out if he is not strapped in.

All the best.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2014, 18:31   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
It is quite likely to be outside its safe use period in a few months.

My son's car seat had a five year lifetime (sometime late 2015). Hence I need to change our 2011 bought car seat (mfd late 2010) that time.

by the same logic your car seat may not have any safe age left.

Atthis age kids just wont stay in the car seat unless you discipline them very much - its tough to do if you've not inculcated the right habits so far. But better late than never.
Ah, I didn't know that there is a safe use period. How do I know what is the safe use period of the seat? Is it mentioned on the seat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Shifu.

+1 to phamilyman.

It is going to be a little difficult getting the kid to agree being strapped in. But it will help a lot if EVERYONE in the car is strapped in. Everyone makes a big deal about being strapped in. So the kid feels left out if he is not strapped in.

All the best.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try. Atleast, I won't give up without trying.
Old 29th November 2014, 18:52   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Ah, I didn't know that there is a safe use period. How do I know what is the safe use period of the seat? Is it mentioned on the seat?
http://baby.about.com/od/healthandsa...expiration.htm

its easy

http://blog.gracobaby.com/2010/02/11...ion-dates-too/

1. Expiration Date Imprint:
We imprint “DO NOT use this car seat after Month, Year” on the bottom of every car seat.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks