Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:42   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Did you forget to attach a link or a picture?
whoops!

http://www.amazon.com/product-review...owViewpoints=0
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 13:34   #662
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Had earlier bought a 'Mothercare Britax First Class Plus' baby seat that we are really happy with. Got it last year for 11k from Shoppers Stop. Needed one more, but Britax was out of stock everywhere.

Settled for a Chicco Eletta for 15k. Seems very high quality & comfortable. Installing on Tuesday.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20150103-13.28.44.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20150103-13.28.07.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-20150103-13.27.31.jpg
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 11:41   #663
Team-BHP Support

Upgraded the child seats for my kids.
My family was visiting the US for Christmas holidays so I got these delivered there. My wife used them there and then brought it back.

Both kids have found it very comfortable and they look good too.

For my four daughter.
http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-High-B...venflo+big+kid

For my 1.5 son.
http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Tribut...ar+child+seats

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20150108_103511392_hdr.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-img_20150108_103530098_hdr.jpg
bblost is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 15:31   #664
Senior - BHPian

I sold off the Mothercare red seat which was used by our son since he just exceeded the weight limit prescribed by the manufacturer.

Now, I am looking for some booster seat which can handle 18+ KGs and will last for at least 3 years, till the child reaches age 9 and perhaps does not require a booster.

I have looked at the Milan Highback Booster from Mothercare and the cushioning is really not enough.

Can anyone suggest a better option within INR 5000?
Old 11th January 2015, 18:07   #665
BHPian

I found this booster car seat model 'Advance XP' in mothercare, but it does not seem to be in stock in any of their stores in BLR - checked Shopper's stop on bannerghata road also. Looking for something with a harness (13 - 36kg) kind of seats. Any suggestions please?
Old 11th January 2015, 21:16   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
I found this booster car seat model 'Advance XP' in mothercare, but it does not seem to be in stock in any of their stores in BLR - checked Shopper's stop on bannerghata road also. Looking for something with a harness (13 - 36kg) kind of seats. Any suggestions please?

I had seen two models at Mothercare yesterday in Phoenix, Pune. One with belts/harness costing Rs. 7000 and the other one is without belts (Milan Highback Booster) costing Rs. 6000. [The latter is also available on ShopperStop website around Rs. 5000 (excluding discounts).]
Both had 20% off as offer in the Mothercare store.

Did not purchase either of them, since the cushioning is really very minimal. I don't know how they expect kids to sit on these hard seats!

Visited MomNMe and they had no booster seats at all.
Old 12th January 2015, 11:59   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I had seen two models at Mothercare yesterday in Phoenix, Pune.
Did not purchase either of them, since the cushioning is really very minimal. I don't know how they expect kids to sit on these hard seats!
Thanks - yes have been calling up all the mothercare stores in BLR. There are essentially two booster seat models with harness/belts - Malmo (~6K) and Advance XP (~8K). The second one is supposed to be more comfortable, but not available in BLR atleast :(

Tried searching on amazon, firstcry etc and not much options there either. Looks like these are not getting imported :(
Old 12th January 2015, 13:17   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks - yes have been calling up all the mothercare stores in BLR. There are essentially two booster seat models with harness/belts - Malmo (~6K) and Advance XP (~8K). The second one is supposed to be more comfortable, but not available in BLR atleast :(

Tried searching on amazon, firstcry etc and not much options there either. Looks like these are not getting imported :(
My opinion is that neither of these seats are comfortable. Secondly they are exorbitantly priced. The seats are made in France, but should not be costing more than Rs. 5000 in any case. Lack of competition is the main reason for such pricing.

Edit: Seats on Amazon.com are cheaper to buy and ship all the way to India. The only problem is we cannot try them before we buy.
Old 12th January 2015, 13:49   #669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I bought this for my Daughter from the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-High-B...venflo+big+kid

55 $ or approximately Rs 3600.

Same seat in India:
http://www.amazon.in/Evenflo-High-Ba...flo+Big+Kid+Lx

Rs 8300.

bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 14:20   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I bought this for my Daughter from the US.

Same seat in India:
http://www.amazon.in/Evenflo-High-Ba...flo+Big+Kid+Lx

Rs 8300.

Yes this seller seems to be selling from usa. Will try to search more for the models he has. Btw this model doesnt seem to come with inbuilt belts - am looking for that.
Old 12th January 2015, 14:43   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes this seller seems to be selling from usa. Will try to search more for the models he has. Btw this model doesnt seem to come with inbuilt belts - am looking for that.
Why?

My daughter is quite small and the belts are very comfortable fit. There is a small disc that comes from the rear and it helps align the seat belt. So the belt runs over her shoulder without hurting her neck.
Old 12th January 2015, 15:22   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why?

My daughter is quite small and the belts are very comfortable fit. There is a small disc that comes from the rear and it helps align the seat belt. So the belt runs over her shoulder without hurting her neck.
I think the 5-point harness is safer for small kids. The car seat belts can cause more damage to the smaller kids since their bodies are not developed that well. Maybe bones break up if the seat belts tighten up too much?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12th January 2015, 15:41   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I think the 5-point harness is safer for small kids. The car seat belts can cause more damage to the smaller kids since their bodies are not developed that well. Maybe bones break up if the seat belts tighten up too much?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
yes, that was my impression too - will need to google for what i had read. Not sure what is the cut-off age or weight when it's okay to switchover (i think it is in 15-18 kg range). My son is growing taller so his current front-facing seat is growing small, but his weight is still < 15kg.
Old 13th January 2015, 16:31   #674
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Had earlier bought a 'Mothercare Britax First Class Plus' baby seat that we are really happy with. Got it last year for 11k from Shoppers Stop. Needed one more, but Britax was out of stock everywhere.
Tip: be sure to check if the seat fits in your car. The Chicco I got is h-u-g-e, it'll be a difficult install in any hatchback. I placed it behind the Civic's drivers seat, but can't get my ideal driving position (which is usually reclined). The baby seat gets in the way.

As a result, am going to move it behind the front passenger's seat.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 17:04   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tip: be sure to check if the seat fits in your car. The Chicco I got is h-u-g-e, it'll be a difficult install in any hatchback. I placed it behind the Civic's drivers seat, but can't get my ideal driving position (which is usually reclined). The baby seat gets in the way.

As a result, am going to move it behind the front passenger's seat.
Very Valid Point!

When I picked up the infant rear facing car seat at Mother care (Shoppers Stop), they insisted to take the seat to the car and fix it to check if it can be fitted in the rear seat (adequate length of seat belt also is an issue in case of rear facing seats).
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks