Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2018, 09:12   #976
ike
BHPian

Re: "Child Seat" for Babies & Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Not sure if convertible. My feeling is it's front facing as it's shown front facing in the catalogue.
Have you received this by any chance yet? I visited the NEXA showroom near here and they did not have this in stock and they don't know much about it as you had mentioned. I guess this accessory does not sell much and they don't get a lot of enquiries regarding it.
Old 14th February 2018, 13:43   #977
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to buying "Luvlap Comfy Baby Car Seat" for my three years old daughter. Any BHPian Using it? A review of this product will be very helpful.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B06VXNXZX8/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_b28Bl6V_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=A1VBAL 9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=GDWA8NBNBX08J94DX74G&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =c6c2de5e-138e-5484-b07b-3e0111fa033d&pf_rd_i=1953279031
Old 14th February 2018, 14:58   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Have you received this by any chance yet? I visited the NEXA showroom near here and they did not have this in stock and they don't know much about it as you had mentioned. I guess this accessory does not sell much and they don't get a lot of enquiries regarding it.
No. I have to wait for about 15 days as they only have Pink/Black one in stock. No Blue/Black in stock.
Old 15th February 2018, 08:18   #979
BANNED

Quote:
I just ordered a Isofix Child Seat fro NEXA. It's in the list of official NEXA Accessories. Costs around Rs.6000/-. It was not in stock so I paid an advance of Rs.2000/- and asked them to place an order. I should receive it in 8 days. I'll post a review after that.
Can Non-Maruti car owner also order from them? Was looking for isofix type seats which are available in India but not able find any except chicco nextfit which is quite costly. Amazon is selling non-fulfilled ones though (was not willing to take risk with other sellers who get the seat imported.).

Last edited by ottocycle : 15th February 2018 at 08:20.
Old 15th February 2018, 08:48   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Can Non-Maruti car owner also order from them?
I don't think there is any restriction on who can buy. If they ask just say you are planning to buy an Ignis or Baleno.

Quote:
Was looking for isofix type seats which are available in India but not able find any except chicco nextfit which is quite costly.
Yea the seats are quite expensive. However not as expensive as the BMW child seats. I was told they cost 75 K.

Quote:
Amazon is selling non-fulfilled ones though (was not willing to take risk with other sellers who get the seat imported.).
Any problem with that? Usually even if not Amazon fulfilled the product should be good if from a reputed manufacturer.
Old 15th February 2018, 08:51   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can Non-Maruti car owner also order from them?
Quote:
I don't think there is any restriction on who can buy. .
No such restrictions. Anyone can walk into their showroom and get one. I purchased one child seat for a friend last year and the order was placed from an MGP store.

There are two types. One is smaller and retails for Rs. 2990. Other is priced at Rs. 5990.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 21:18   #982
BANNED

I enquired with Nexa but they did not have one in stock. And the price from their accessory person seems different from what is quoted above. He told on phone that there are two models. One for 8k and one for 12k. He asked me to come on Monday and do the booking. Only after that the delivery date can be found.

In the meantime while looking at Amazon I found this https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B079N858H9

The description does't mention isofix. But from photo given one can see isofix rods jn the back. And also there is a mention of isofix on the side. I have ordered one to verify the reality. Will keep it if it indeed turns out to be isofix model and if quality is acceptable.

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-side.jpg

"Child Seat" for Babies & Kids-71e7olap8al._ac_sl1500_.jpg

Last edited by ottocycle : 17th February 2018 at 21:32.
ottocycle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 22:00   #983
BHPian

Quote:
I just ordered a Isofix Child Seat fro NEXA. It's in the list of official NEXA Accessories. Costs around Rs.6000/-. It was not in stock so I paid an advance of Rs.2000/- and asked them to place an order. I should receive it in 8 days. I'll post a review after that.
Do they have ISOFIX booster seats as well?

My son is 5 years old, 30kg and 3 feet 10 inches tall.

He has outgrown his previous seat and is uncomfortable when belted down.
Old 18th February 2018, 17:48   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Do they have ISOFIX booster seats as well?

My son is 5 years old, 30kg and 3 feet 10 inches tall.

He has outgrown his previous seat and is uncomfortable when belted down.
I have not seen any booster seat in the catalogue.
Old 18th February 2018, 17:59   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I enquired with Nexa but they did not have one in stock. And the price from their accessory person seems different from what is quoted above. He told on phone that there are two models. One for 8k and one for 12k. He asked me to come on Monday and do the booking. Only after that the delivery date can be found.
You are mistaken sir. The NEXA representative is taking you for a ride. Initially the price was 8k and 12k. After June 2014, Maruti has issued a circular and now the price is 3k and 6k. I know many cases where people have sold 6k ones for 12k since not everyone is aware of the circular.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 20:01   #986
BHPian

Hii folks please suggest car seats for twin boys and their placement in an XUV. My boys are 2.5 years old and about 12 kgs each. Any useful information from parents of twins of how they mange would be really welcome!
FYI we have been using a single car seat with the twins sitting in turns but they have outgrown it and need to have new ones for replacement.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 12:15   #987
BHPian

Quote:
The description does't mention isofix. But from photo given one can see isofix rods jn the back. And also there is a mention of isofix on the side. I have ordered one to verify the reality. Will keep it if it indeed turns out to be isofix model and if quality is acceptable.
Does this seat have ECER rating or equivalent. Make sure any seat you buy has these norms fulfilled. Though it does look nice and comfortable. And Yes, ISOFIX is the way to go. Strap down by the belt, feels flimsy to me. I always inspect the seat belt for wear/tear and correct connect to the lock: before placing the child in.
Old 19th February 2018, 13:39   #988
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Does this seat have ECER rating or equivalent. Make sure any seat you buy has these norms fulfilled. Though it does look nice and comfortable. And Yes, ISOFIX is the way to go. Strap down by the belt, feels flimsy to me. I always inspect the seat belt for wear/tear and correct connect to the lock: before placing the child in.
I am yet to receive the product. Will check about the certification once I receive it. The quality looked good from the pictures. Let's see how it turns out in reality.

Last edited by ottocycle : 19th February 2018 at 13:42.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 15:53   #989
BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to receive the product. Will check about the certification once I receive it. The quality looked good from the pictures. Let's see how it turns out in reality.
Please do inspect, and lookout for the certifications. A car seat is really important to prevent whiplash to infants [specially when braking], since their neck muscles are almost non-existent.

Last edited by bblost : 19th February 2018 at 16:08. Reason: Fixed a typo.
Old 19th February 2018, 16:45   #990
BHPian

One of my close friend is recently blessed with a baby girl and I am planning to gift a child seat for her 21st day ceremony. Friend uses a Tiago XZ for daily commutes. I checked online and found it does not have Isofix mounts. Have two queries:

1: Does Tiago XZ not come with isofix mounts(Existing tiago owners please help). I went through the official review but was not able to locate any mentions.
2: How good are child seats without isofix mounts? Will they be able to handle daily in town commutes which involves mild braking.
3: Found LuvLap child seats on amazon for group 0 and 1 with decent reviews. The description shows it as certified per European Standard. Below is the link. Any member has used this one?

http://amzn.in/1d6ChnL

With the ceremony coming up fast, will appreciate some quick help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks