Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2013, 10:42   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradyblr View Post

Haridbc140: do you have more pictures?
Here is what you wanted.

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image4099094499.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image969815879.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image2392102552.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image829711861.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image233985147.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image3014337990.jpg

SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"-image1081652114.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Wonder what would be the tax on these electric cars. Shouldn't the government levy less tax because it is an e-car ? Aren't they suppose to encourage people to buy this car?
It was said the OTR will be around less than 6,50,000 INR.The makes it a lakh as tax on the Reva.

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th January 2013 at 12:27. Reason: Please use multi quote instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Haridbc140 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 11:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP : Detailed Reva NXR pictures. UPDATE: Badged as the "E2O"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haridbc140 View Post
Yes very true,After all its a hell lot of savings.
5.5L seems too steep and unlikely to find many buyers. Its likely to be "Dead on Arrival" which might be the reason for delayed launch. We are speaking about B/B+ diesel territory here. Did they say anything about the maintenance cost of replacing the battery after 3 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Wonder what would be the tax on these electric cars. Shouldn't the government levy less tax because it is an e-car ? Aren't they suppose to encourage people to buy this car?
Currently, our country is still primarily dependent on fossil fuels to generate electricity. Till that siituation changes and majority of the power generation comes from renewable sources and we have surplus electricity round the year, there is no need for the government to provide incentives for e-cars and increase the electricity consumption. In countries like US, they have surplus electricity and hence can afford the increase in electricity demand due to e-cars which is not currently the case in our country.

Looking at the current situation in various states like Kerala that face severe shortage of electricity where the government/electricity boards trying to reduce the usage wherever possible, they wouldn't want any new segment opening up to increase the demand.

Quote:
It has hankook tyres with alloy wheels.
Quote:
This looks like wheel caps to me. Was the red car a lower variant?
Old 13th January 2013, 12:44   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
5.5L seems too steep and unlikely to find many buyers. Its likely to be "Dead on Arrival" which might be the reason for delayed launch. We are speaking about B/B+ diesel territory here. Did they say anything about the maintenance cost of replacing the battery after 3 years?

Currently, our country is still primarily dependent on fossil fuels to generate electricity. Till that siituation changes and majority of the power generation comes from renewable sources and we have surplus electricity round the year, there is no need for the government to provide incentives for e-cars and increase the electricity consumption. In countries like US, they have surplus electricity and hence can afford the increase in electricity demand due to e-cars which is not currently the case in our country.

Looking at the current situation in various states like Kerala that face severe shortage of electricity where the government/electricity boards trying to reduce the usage wherever possible, they wouldn't want any new segment opening up to increase the demand.

This looks like wheel caps to me. Was the red car a lower variant?
There are three variants-
a)Wheel caps+Non A\C.
b)Wheel caps+A\C(Red one).
c)Alloys+A\C.

About the battery,it has a life of two years.Its setup under the left front passengers seat.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
a)Wheel caps+Non A\C.
c)Alloys+A\C.

About the battery,it has a life of two years.Its setup under the left front passengers seat.
Non Ac is such a bad step. With increasing temperature and dusty roads, i hardly see the private cars rolling down windows. This car will mostly sell to those wanting a 2nd car for city commute, rurals may not even take this vehicle. It's better if MandM caters to urban for this vehicle. I also secretly wish Nissan brings leaf to India.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a)Wheel caps+Non A\C.
c)Alloys+A\C.

AC is no longer a feature for an Indian customer. We rarely see the base version Nano on the road and it shows that the demand for a non A/C variant is almost non-existent, even at Nano's price point. AC and power steering are the bare minimum necessity that any customer would expect from a 2-3 lakh car, let alone something that is going to be priced twice that amount!

Effectively, we are looking at just one model with alloys as an optional accessory. Mahindra used to have better sense with their other variants. Looks like Reva team has been working round the clock for the last 10-15 years in their lab and didn't know the changes happening to the outside world.

I see only the so called pseudo-environmentalists buying this car and given they need to show off their 'green' commitment, they'll buy this even if the price is 15L! May be M&M should price it higher to retrieve more from whatever units they manage to sell. True environmentalists would be using bicycles and public transport and would unlikely be a potential customer base.
Old 13th January 2013, 22:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:

AC is no longer a feature for an Indian customer. We rarely see the base version Nano on the road and it shows that the demand for a non A/C variant is almost non-existent, even at Nano's price point. AC and power steering are the bare minimum necessity that any customer would expect from a 2-3 lakh car, let alone something that is going to be priced twice that amount!

Effectively, we are looking at just one model with alloys as an optional accessory. Mahindra used to have better sense with their other variants. Looks like Reva team has been working round the clock for the last 10-15 years in their lab and didn't know the changes happening to the outside world.

I see only the so called pseudo-environmentalists buying this car and given they need to show off their 'green' commitment, they'll buy this even if the price is 15L! May be M&M should price it higher to retrieve more from whatever units they manage to sell. True environmentalists would be using bicycles and public transport and would unlikely be a potential customer base.
True,but still people may consider buying it.
Old 15th January 2013, 12:59   #97
BHPian

I do notice blow vents in the pictures, which must indicate an operational A/C. I've also noticed condensation on their test cars running on hosur road leading me to believe that they do indeed have air conditioning.
I've read somewhere that they have decided to stop lead-acid powered variants and focus on producing lithium ion powered ones only. Two years lifetime must be for the lead-acid powered ones, lithium-ion batteries by default have anywhere between 5 and 10 years of life.
Old 15th January 2013, 18:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Very baseless comment - there are environmentalist that need a motorized personal vehicle. Some of us have busy careers or chores that cant be managed on cycle or buses. Some may also prefer a very small car for easy maneuvering around town.

That being said, 6L is steep for this car.
jalva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 10:42   #99
BHPian

The price seems steep. Logically instead of an explicit government subsidy, at least the government should not be charging any tax on the car, i.e. excise, road tax, etc. Even that should hopefully keep the price a bit low. Maybe M&M should consider leasing the battery, to keep the upfront costs low.

Also, news reports seemed to indicate they are using lithium-ion & not lead-acid batteries in this car, so the life should be much longer than 2 - 3 years, though one expects some deterioration in capacity.

Personally I would love a small electric car to drive around the city. My wife prefers an automatic, an electric car would be ideal from that perspective too.
Old 18th January 2013, 12:49   #100
BANNED

A lot of the realities on electric vehicles of all sorts, including cars, will be based on the NEMMP 2020 - a copy of which can be found here:-

http://dhi.nic.in/NEMMP2020.pdf

Quite a comprehensive document, this is what manufcturers will use as a reference document, not what consumers want. More's the pity.

Do take time out to read it. Prima facie, it does appear to be heavily weighted in favour of a subsidy to manufacturer regime, rather than a direct discount and benefits to end user kind of scheme. And we all know what that means - it can be compared to, say, the Public Distribution System (PDS).

In very short, the NEMMP 2020 can also be called the "kiss of death" to the alternative automobile power industry, or the electrical/battery vehicle industry.
Old 29th January 2013, 20:51   #101
BHPian

Yesterday i was surprised to see E2O driven by someone near my home at Bangalore, it had white board. it looks like launch date is close.
it looked gorgeous especially the front end.

-AM
Old 29th January 2013, 21:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Genuinely excited about the E2O. Can't wait to take one for a test drive sometime.
I remember walking into a Reva Showroom a long, long time ago on Lavelle Road in Bangalore, asking for a test drive. They didn't let me. I was 12.
Old 8th February 2013, 09:46   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra’s automotive sector said the company is waiting for the union budget 2013 since there needs to be clarity from the central government regarding subsidies for electric vehicles
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/m...#ixzz2KHHJCDX0
Old 8th February 2013, 10:30   #104
BHPian

Saw a Yellow E2O on my way to office. It was registered KA 51. I was travelling with some pace, maybe the owner doesn't know what happens if you gun an electric car. I looks much better than Reva.
Old 8th February 2013, 15:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Yesterday i was surprised to see E2O driven by someone near my home at Bangalore, it had white board. it looks like launch date is close.
it looked gorgeous especially the front end.

-AM
Even I have seen some 2-3 cars with white board in HSR L/O. I was actually surprised as I have not heard about the official launch yet. IMHO, the car looks ugly once the B pillar starts!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks