Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2011, 13:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Good looking REVA..? Here we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
C'mon fellas!

Agree they aren't the head-turners but they're the ones keeping the air clean.

Without getting into a debate about that, how about we appreciate the owners who decide the buy these cars - not because they can't afford better but decide to do something about the environment. While we go about merrily burning petrol and diesel in our fancy cars, they drive these "ugly" things which serve the purpose and don't harm much either.

Just my thought - let's keep this thread to the "good" part of Reva.
Electricity in India comes from burning coal. Although the Reva doesn't sport any tailpipe emissions, charging it releases just as much CO2 as ICE cars if not more. So environmental impact is there.

That doesn't stop me from appreciating the Reva who showed the world the potential of EVs.
Old 7th August 2011, 13:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf

Electricity in India comes from burning coal. Although the Reva doesn't sport any tailpipe emissions, charging it releases just as much CO2 as ICE cars if not more. So environmental impact is there.

That doesn't stop me from appreciating the Reva who showed the world the potential of EVs.
I've seen this comment thrown over and over again. Criticism without analysis.

Sure the power comes from a coal station. But are any of the said coal stations next to your house? Or down the street?
No.they're far far away from city limits. So if people used electric vehicles the air YOU breath will be clean.

While idling petrol /diesel cars pollute the air AROUND you.dont make it sound the same /
Old 7th August 2011, 23:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Love View Post
My friend and I were commuting from Electronic City Bangalore to our respective homes, and spotted a small, tiny, cute little piece of machine ahead of us. We slowed down to take a look. It was the Mahindra Reva on a road test. This is the second time I have spotted this car, the first time was about 2 months ago, but it was way too fast and zipped away through traffic (beat my VTEC, ) without allowing me to get pictures.

This time, however, my Vtec caught up with it. Look at the snaps attached - forgive the quality - were taken from my iPhone, on shaky roads.
Now that's more like it. The design looks much more pleasing to the eye.
Would love to see the interiors too.
And from your post one can gather that it's quite brisk too.
Now this is a Reva i am looking forward too.
Thanks for the Scoop.
Drive Safe!
Old 9th August 2011, 05:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post

Mahindra should consider selling a windmill with their car for those who have the space to install it.

Was looking at the Reva website, it says the NXR is slated for release in 2012 and NXG (Next Gen Reva) for 2013. The NXG looks like a cool concept. Doubt if it will ever make it to the road in that form.

Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

The spotted NXR in my opinion still has a grown up toy car feel (no offences but strictly my opinion) and seems like a stretched version of the present Reva with more back room. Now looks like a full fledged 4 seater for 4 adults. The NXG looks like one straight out of a DC design (may be it is) but I really like the round hood version posted in the 1st page (beginning) of this post. Looks really cool and classic. They should actually offer it as a variant.

Since I work out of EC and take the Hosur road daily, had spotted similar test mules with a 4 door (I may be wrong, might be 2 doors as well) when it was still stand alone Reva(sure about that) and not with M & M. Sorry didnt click any pics since it was being spotted so many times around the Maini factory on Hosur road. Anyone else has any idea if it was the same or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain.vanilla View Post
Mahindra should consider selling a windmill with their car for those who have the space to install it.

Was looking at the Reva website, it says the NXR is slated for release in 2012 and NXG (Next Gen Reva) for 2013. The NXG looks like a cool concept. Doubt if it will ever make it to the road in that form.

Mahindra Reva Electric Vehicles Pvt. Ltd.

Most Viewed