Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan @ Auto Expo 2012 (Including the Nissan Evalia / NV200)

Nissan is planning a cut price variant of the Micra which is expected to cost Rs.50K cheaper than XE Petrol to increase competition in the premium hatch market.

Cut-price Nissan Micra to target Hyundai i10 | News | Autocar India

It seems that they are going the Ford Figo & Chevy Beat way to pull customers. But, IMO they should also offer safety features in the higher versions .
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:40   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Nissan is planning a cut price variant of the Micra which is expected to cost Rs.50K cheaper than XE Petrol to increase competition in the premium hatch market.
So they finally agree that it is overpriced by at least Rs. 50k? If true, it's a good sign of learning from one's mistakes, isn't it?
Old 2nd July 2012, 16:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
So they finally agree that it is overpriced by at least Rs. 50k? If true, it's a good sign of learning from one's mistakes, isn't it?
They are not admitting that the cars are overpriced, but, expect few goodies to go out from the base XE Petrol in the cut price variant.
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:16   #49
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP

Cut-price Nissan Micra to target Hyundai i10 | News | Autocar India

It seems that they are going the Ford Figo & Chevy Beat way to pull customers. But, IMO they should also offer safety features in the higher versions .
Apart from the very welcome inclusion of a driver's airbag, the Nissan Micra XE is already quite basic without many features which are considered necessary these days. I don't know what they are going to remove to justify a price cut of ~ Rs.50k. The airbag will be gone for sure, which is a sad thing.

On the other hand, it will certainly give more options to those looking to buy an i10/Wagon R/Beat, so the new base variant (XA/XB/XC/XD?) is a welcome addition. One can always add after-market stuff like remote central locking, power windows etc.

It is not going to increase sales by leaps and bounds, though. What will do so is the introduction of XL, XE and the new base variant on the diesel models equipped with that fine, fuel-efficient and torquey Renault K9K. Why don't the think-tanks at Renault-Nissan realise that petrol-engined cars are going to sell only in small numbers henceforth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler
I've seen 2 unmasked versions of the MUV in detail on the Bangalore - Chennai route whilst the test team had stopped over for lunch.

The interiors are very basic looking.Also, the plastics used did not exude the finish of a import/modern Jap vehicle and were dull grey in colour .........similar to older gen Marutis.

Seating arrangement and design resembled that of an Omni more than an MUV like Xylo or Innova ........ a cushion placed on a metal frame types.Exterior is also not appealing to a personal car buyer cause its more practical rather than aesthetic in design.
From your description of the vehicle's basic interiors, my guess is that it is Ashok Leyland's version of the NV200 which they plan to market as the Stile. It looks like Nissan is going to to sell the passenger variant of the MPV with more features, safety equipment and good quality interiors while the task of selling the commercial cargo variants (panel van type) as well as a low-cost version with basic, no-frills interiors like the ones you spotted (for the taxi market/fleet operators?) will be left to AL, their CV partner in India.

If the Bangalore-Chennai highway on which you spotted the vehicle is the one that passes through Hosur, this is even more likely, considering that AL have facilities in Hosur.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 15:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Leaf in India?

Nissan came with a surprise ad on the Nissan Leaf and saw it on TV yesterday. Do we have any update on whether this EV will be available in the Indian market soon? Last heard of it was during the Delhi auto expo where the review was that it could not be possible soon in our market. But if this is case, then why this ad now?

Couple of threads on the same are;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...n-leaf-ev.html
http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...cle2899375.ece

@Mods, tried searching for a thread on the Leaf, but couldn't find one other than the one in international scene. Please merge if another thread already exists.
Old 25th October 2012, 16:54   #51
gemi_kk

Re: Nissan Leaf in India?

Wow....
Nissan is launching another product. So can we expect it to be launched by Diwali?
This would be definitely out of Common man's budget as this is a Zero Emission vehicle.

I believe, India doesn't have the required infrastructure to accept these vehicles as of today. It might take another couple of years for such zero emission vehicles to reach an acceptable level.

The MID, conole and other parts look..... STUNNING. WOW

Experts, please pour in your feedback on how this vehicle would be in the long run.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 25th October 2012 at 17:06. Reason: will LEAF be in common man's reach?

Old 25th October 2012, 17:17   #52
BHPian

I dont think the Indian market is ready for a full electric vehicle soon. The ad you would have seen is probably launched to improve the brand awareness of Nissan. Maybe they want to target Nissan as an environmentally conscious company and one that cares for nature. The present infrastructure (along with the government policies) and the buying mentality in India just does not support a fully electric vehicle yet.
Old 25th October 2012, 22:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
I dont think the Indian market is ready for a full electric vehicle soon. The ad you would have seen is probably launched to improve the brand awareness of Nissan. Maybe they want to target Nissan as an environmentally conscious company and one that cares for nature. The present infrastructure (along with the government policies) and the buying mentality in India just does not support a fully electric vehicle yet.
That is true. But i saw Nissan LEAFS inside Hongkong and Tokyo airports. May be a good idea to start the same way in India too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks