Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 20:04   #136
BHPian

Re: Tesla Model S: First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Wow..Did you spot that Aventador SV on the highway?
Very slyly, I slowed down the car next to it and took off. We were on a 65 speed limit highway so couldn't test one on one but the initial acceleration of the Tesla was able to propel me quite ahead (also because he was driving sedate at 50). It was able to eventually get ahead of me because I started testing the autopilot but the cheap thrills I got were awesome.

It was really loud though. Would love to drive it someday. Guess they don't give test drives out as easily as Tesla

There was also a Ferrari California that was driving with it.

Tapish
Old 9th June 2016, 21:36   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla releases lower-priced Model S 60 with 210-mile range.

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-2016teslamodelsupdate.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-t1.jpg
Tesla Model S: First Impressions-t2.jpg

The new Model S 60 model starts at just $67,200 with destination, but still offers buyers a 210-mile range. The all-wheel-drive Model S 60D starts at $72,200 and has a 218-mile range.

As its name suggests, the Tesla Model S’s battery pack is rated 60 kWh -- although the pack itself is actually capable of storing 75 kWh, buyers get the lower capacity unless they pay to upgrade.

Quote:
Despite the lower price, Tesla Model S 60 and 60D buyers can still add any of the options available on other versions of the car, and unlike Model 3 buyers, they’ll be able to access Tesla’s Supercharger network for free. The cars also come with the necessary hardware for Tesla’s AutoPilot semi-autonomous features, but enabling the function will cost $3,000.
http://www.motor1.com/news/63678/tes...10-mile-range/

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th June 2016 at 21:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 07:42   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla can float /swim in a flooded tunnel. Elon Musk is impressed!

Quote:
Electricity and water don’t usually mix well, but there are no adverse effects to the Tesla over the course of this clip. The driver appears briefly to contemplate reversing out of the wet predicament. Eventually, he decides that forward is the only way out and drives out of the flood.

Tesla boss Elon Musk saw the clip and responded to it online. In an answer to a reply, he said the company seals the batteries and electric motors. It appears that protection lasts at least long enough for a brief submersion in water.

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-e.jpg

http://www.motor1.com/news/64164/tes...flooded-tunel/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 12:45   #139
BHPian

First of this kind incident reported all around the world.

Tesla Model S driver killed during highway pilot usage (automated driving mode).
This is first such incident reported.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/others/news/...topilot-855855

Quote:
" The first person to die in a US crash involving a car in self-driving mode was the tech-savvy 40-year-old owner of a Tesla Model S who nicknamed his car "Tessy" and praised its sophisticated 'Autopilot' system.

Joshua D. Brown, of Canton, Ohio, died in the May 7 crash in Williston, Florida, when his car's cameras failed to distinguish the white side of a turning tractor-trailer rig from a brightly lit sky and didn't automatically activate its brakes, according to government records and a Tesla statement issued Thursday.

Brown, who owned a technology company, just one month earlier credited his 2015 Tesla with preventing a crash on an interstate highway. The government said it is investigating the design and performance of the Tesla system.

Frank Baressi, 62, the driver of the tractor-trailer and owner of Okemah Express LLC, said the Tesla driver was "playing Harry Potter on the TV screen" and driving so quickly that "he went so fast through my trailer I didn't see him."

"It was still playing when he died and snapped a telephone pole a quarter mile down the road," Baressi said in an in an interview from his home in Palm Harbor, Florida. He acknowledged he couldn't see the movie, only heard it.

Tesla Motors Inc. said it is not possible to watch videos on the Model S touch screen.
This incident has been given its own thread here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ilot-mode.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2016 at 16:03. Reason: Adding link to standalone thread.
groom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:54   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

More trouble for Tesla,

Tesla Model S Catches Fire During Test Drive In France.

Quote:
During a test drive in a Model S 90D, the vehicle suddenly made a loud noise and sent a visual alert on the dashboard stating that there was a problem with “charging”. The Tesla employee giving the test drive made the driver park the car on the side of the road and all three (the driver, the Tesla employee and another passenger) exited the vehicle.

The Tesla Model S caught on fire only a moment later, according to witnesses.
Source
Old 24th August 2016, 07:51   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Elon Musk confirms long-rumoured 100kWh battery pack will be added to Tesla Model S and Model X ranges; Model S is world's quickest car on sale.

The Tesla Model S 100D and Model X 100D have been confirmed for production, with both cars getting extended battery ranges - new 100kWh battery packs.

Quote:
The new Model S P100D will be capable of reaching 60mph in 2.5sec, making it 0.7sec faster than a McLaren F1. Now that the Porsche 918 and LaFerrari are sold out, it's officially the quickest car currently on sale.

The upgraded Model X P100D will hit the mark in 2.9sec. Both cars are four-wheel-drive.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th August 2016 at 07:53.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 11:13   #142
BHPian

With new P100D ludicrous models for both Model S and Model X vehicles, complete range of two cars with battery, range, prices, acceleration are listed in the below image:
(courtesy-Bloomberg and Tesla)
Attached Images

sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 13:01   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
With new P100D ludicrous models for both Model S and Model X vehicles, complete range of two cars with battery, range, prices, acceleration are listed in the below image:
(courtesy-Bloomberg and Tesla)
WOW!

Rough calculations indicate the acceleration to be 10.67 m/sq sec! Earth's gravity is 9.81 m/sq sec!
(For 60mph = 96 kmph in 2.5 sec)

Thanks for sharing this.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:51   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Rough calculations indicate the acceleration to be 10.67 m/sq sec! Earth's gravity is 9.81 m/sq sec!
It think that would be the average overall acceleration.

Given that the car starts off a bit slow (hooking up traction), I'd imagine the peak G's felt would be a lot higher!

0-100 in 2.5 is just INSANE!!
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 11:59   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
It think that would be the average overall acceleration.

Given that the car starts off a bit slow (hooking up traction), I'd imagine the peak G's felt would be a lot higher!

0-100 in 2.5 is just INSANE!!
It is INSANE indeed!
It is actually like a free fall - only horizontally!!

Adding to the above, the distance traveled is just 33.33 meters! In India the car has crashed!!

Girish Mahajan
Old 29th August 2016, 10:26   #146
BHPian

Hi friends!

I came across this link.
Mods: if somebody has already posted it, then I could not find it! Apologies in advance. Please delete if necessary.

Steve Sasman calls it :"How I Used & Abused My Tesla"

https://medium.com/@SteveSasman/how-...c10#.569emxvf7
Old 16th October 2016, 20:45   #147
BHPian

Just read this - interesting article about the American acceptance of Tesla. I doubt any brand has created such a big impact in short a time. In many ways Musk is the new Steve Jobs. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ebook-business
Old 9th December 2016, 08:00   #148
BHPian

Apart from Mahindra , does any Indian car company have plans to develop electric cars ?

With free patents from Tesla Model S , why don't they take advantage like Chinese companies are . Surely someone must use these free patents and start building a practical electric car which is ready by at least 2020.

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/attack...es-from-china/
Old 21st December 2017, 16:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X

My friend in Norway ditched his MB station wagon for the Tesla S. And he is extremely happy with the way it drives and handles not to mention his bulging pocket due to the toll exemptions. Here are a few pictures of his S75.

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0020.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0021.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0022.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0023.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0024.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0025.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0026.jpg

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img20170630wa0027.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 09:55   #150
BHPian

Have been camping in SFO since 2 weeks now and keep seeing Tesla's all around. This is a very popular choice of folks in the bay area. A few snaps taken over the weekend...
Attached Thumbnails
Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img_4340.jpg  

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img_4355.jpg  

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img_4356.jpg  

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img_4357.jpg  

Tesla Model S: First Impressions-img_4358.jpg  

sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks