Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 17:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has filed patents for the names 'I-Pace', 'I-Type' and 'Velar'. Velar was a name used for pre-production Range Rover SUVs that preceded the introduction of the Range Rover brand itself, indicating that this could be a Land Rover patent for a new Range Rover variant. The I-Pace and I-Type on the other hand are expected to be Jaguar's new electric car models.

JLR has been working on electric powertrain-powered versions of its existing models. The I-Pace is expected to be the name adopted by an electric crossover that takes its name from the F-Pace. Jaguar already confirmed that the first model to go electric would be the F-Pace and when launched, the EV would rival (among others) the Tesla Model X.

By extension, it is also believed that the I-Type patent refers to an electrified version of the F-Type sports car, or it could be used for the electric versions of the XE or XJ sedans. Technical details about the electric Jaguars remain unknown, but the electric crossover could be revealed at this year's Paris motor show.

JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models-3.jpg

Source: Autocar UK

*Image for representation only.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models

The name VELAR dates back to the 1969 prototype for the vehicle that became the original Range Rover – an SUV that seriously altered the perception of refinement and comfort that a rugged 4x4 could provide.

JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models-lr_new_rr_tease_image_100217.jpg

It seems the Velar will be positioned between the Evoque & RR Sport;

JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models-lr_new_rr_family_line_drawing_tease_image_170217.jpg

This will be the 4th model in the Range Rover range & will be showcased at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.

Source

Last edited by karan561 : 22nd February 2017 at 11:17.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: JLR "I" trademarks hint at new electric car models

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
The name VELAR dates back to the 1969 prototype for the vehicle that became the original Range Rover – an SUV that seriously altered the perception of refinement and comfort that a rugged 4x4 could provide.
====
Source
Velar is already being discussed here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks