Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 16:53   #1
BHPian

Mahindra to develop range of autonomous electric vehicles

Speaking to Autocar ahead of last weekend’s Formula E championship finale in London, Mahindra CEO Anand Mahindra said sharing the expertise of each of the company’s brands will be vital for it to create products for intelligent mobility, including a line-up of autonomous electric vehicles (EVs).

I feel like autonomous car's are still a decade away from being commercially accepted, that said every other car-makers in the world are investing heavily on it, and its really good to see our home-grown auto makers are taking the future technology head-on.

Source:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...ctric-vehicles
Visran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 18:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra to develop range of autonomous electric vehicles

Too futuristic and won't help M&M. Currently, their Verito and Vibe are doing dismal business. Reva is down big time. The only segments where they seem to be getting some numbers are the Suv, pseudo Suv and small commercial vehicle space. Their USP in all those segments is only ruggedness and ability to traverse in rural areas with good payloads.

In my humble opinion, the firm should focus on getting the sales of its current line up in order before foraging into uncharted waters in what is definitely a very niche segment. I really wonder what are the sales projections for autonomous electric vehicles as per M&M.

Getting into too many segments and spreading scarce resources thin is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 5th July 2016 at 18:04.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:56   #3
aLY
BHPian

Re: Mahindra to develop range of autonomous electric vehicles

Last month I was at ARAI,Pune, for the SIAT-2017 and they have displayed the Autonomous e2O project. This project is handled by ARAI along with Cognizent(If I remember it correct) for some of the algorithm development.

I think they have already had a good progress in terms of controlled environment testing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks