Team-BHP > Electric Cars


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 16:09   #166
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 485
Thanked: 537 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Peak summer-time, amidst the Chennai heat and humidity at its maximum; with multiple ACs running across the house, and we are getting a bill of ~100Rs per month!
Is this due to your solar power credit from the grid? Are you supplying to the grid?
diyguy is offline  
Old 28th May 2020, 21:19   #167
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 1,546 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

In another news, there appears to be some evolving situation of India pioneering a global strategy [one sun, one world, one grid] in creation of regional and international interconnected green grids.

Source

Quote:
“One Sun One World One Grid" (OSOWOG) plan - an ambitious global electricity grid

one of the most ambitious schemes undertaken by any country and is of global significance in terms of sharing economic benefits

Creation of regional and international interconnected green grids can enable sharing of renewable energy across international borders and also balancing. Such grids should work in tandem with the existing grids and will not require parallel grid infrastructure, thus requiring only incremental investment.

The global grid plan may also leverage the International Solar Alliance (ISA) co-founded by India that has 67 countries as members. It has become India’s calling card on climate change and is increasingly being viewed as a foreign policy tool
Miyata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 00:05   #168
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dubai/Thrissur
Posts: 1,269
Thanked: 2,206 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

Long story short, SAVINGS FOR 13 MONTHS - ₹56,501 .

The savings is large because for electricity consumption of 500 Units and above, we have to pay ₹7.5 per unit.
Cumulative solar export stands at 12709 units, this excludes the solar power consumed by us during the day.

12709*7.5 = 95317.5 INR savings in close to 27 months.

Last edited by ecenandu : 10th June 2020 at 00:09.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 14:50   #169
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KA21
Posts: 800
Thanked: 2,445 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Contact the local installers in your area and they will provide the details as each state does have different subsidies and also the size of the system will vary based on the same. The thread here has the names of the solar players and please do look at new players as the industry has a lot of startup interests too.
Maddy
I am keen to have a 5kW unit at home connected to grid with net metering setup. I contacted MESCOM (which happens to be local DISCOM) and they seem to responsible for feasibility and some more technical inputs nothing more.

I have reached out to Tata Solar and will explore other options.

Do you happen to know if it is DISCOM or Solar provider or banks responsible for subsidy/incentive reimbursement ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post

I need some clarity on the subsidy being provided by govt and how to avail it.
Cheers
Did you manage to get some info?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 15:37   #170
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 565
Thanked: 983 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Here is my monthly Electricity bill after driving my Nexon EV for 670KMs. I received my Nexon on 11-Oct-20 and the Odo stood at 670KM as on Nov 2nd (Billing date).
Name:  20201118.png
Views: 1094
Size:  120.9 KB
Note: I have a 3KW grid tie setup.
Holyghost is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 22:25   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 316
Thanked: 277 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Did you manage to get some info?
Yes, It is already installed and waiting for net meter now. The entire subsidy has now moved from MNRE (Ministry of Renewable Energy) to discoms now. Your electricity board is now supposed to provide subsidy, rules differ from state to state. For Haryana it is DHBVN and below are the broad rules

1. Installation to be done by empanalled installers only
2. Solar Panels should be of Indian make
3. Rates defined by DHBVN is 45000 / KW
4. Subsidy - 40% on first 3 KW and 20% from 3-10 KW
5. Subsidy is paid directly to installer and all follow up is done by them

Link with more details - https://esolarconn.dhbvn.org.in/

Everything was done for me by my installer and I did not had to step out even once.

Cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 08:52   #172
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KA21
Posts: 800
Thanked: 2,445 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

I have successfully installed a 4kW grid connected system. I used Enphase micro inverters, the hiccup I see is low supply voltage from grid which is limiting the micro inverter. Any thoughts on how to boose supply voltage to micro inverter ?
Thilak29 is offline  
Old 5th March 2021, 09:51   #173
BHPian
 
slicvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: KA 19
Posts: 845
Thanked: 515 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have successfully installed a 4kW grid connected system. I used Enphase micro inverters, the hiccup I see is low supply voltage from grid which is limiting the micro inverter. Any thoughts on how to boose supply voltage to micro inverter ?
Was your installation done in Karnataka ?
I have been hearing from various installers that the DISCOMs in Karnataka are thinking of scrapping the Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) from April - hence no new PPA's will be done from April

What was the approx cost of the 4kW Enphase system ?
slicvic is offline  
Old 5th March 2021, 10:00   #174
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KA21
Posts: 800
Thanked: 2,445 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Was your installation done in Karnataka ?
I have been hearing from various installers that the DISCOMs in Karnataka are thinking of scrapping the Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) from April - hence no new PPA's will be done from April

What was the approx cost of the 4kW Enphase system ?
I did near Mangalore , not sure of scrapping part. Cost is approx 70k per kW.
Thilak29 is offline  
Old 28th March 2021, 15:23   #175
Newbie
 
skx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: KL/KWT
Posts: 10
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Hi folks,

Looking for some advice regarding Rooftop Installation of 5 kW On Grid system.

I'm located in Thrissur, Kerala. Based on a site survey done by a local company (Rapha Solar Energy Pvt. Lt) a 5 kW On Grid System was proposed by them.

The following are the details of the 5 kw solar grid system:

Inverter - Goodwe/Polycab (5 kW, Model - PSIS-5)
PV Module - REC Solar ( Mono Perc, 410 W capacity/module & Total 13 No's )
Rate per kilowatt - 64,000
Total Amount quoted - 3,20,000 (Includes tax + installation)

Subsidy from KSEB not taken into account as getting it is a huge hassle but I plan to negotiate with the company to reduce the price based on the subsidy scheme. I want to ascertain if this is a reasonable quote based on current market prices. Searching online, I found that 3L is the average rate for a 5 kW on grid system.

Would appreciate any input or advice from knowledgeable members regarding this offer, especially folks from Kerala.
skx007 is offline  
Old 29th March 2021, 00:10   #176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bir-Billing, HP
Posts: 468
Thanked: 860 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
..............
Total Amount quoted - 3,20,000 (Includes tax + installation)

Subsidy from KSEB not taken into account as getting it is a huge hassle but I plan to negotiate with the company to reduce the price based on the subsidy scheme. I want to ascertain if this is a reasonable quote based on current market prices. Searching online, I found that 3L is the average rate for a 5 kW on grid system.

Would appreciate any input or advice from knowledgeable members regarding this offer, especially folks from Kerala.
Too high IMO. I haven't asked for prices from any installers, but a good 5kW inverter is available anywhere between 50k-1L depending upon the features they provide and a good panel too costs anywhere between 9-13k. So a decent 5kW system apart from wiring and installation should cost close to 2L. This gives you negotiation room with the installers you are dealing with.

You can also try and get the system installed directly from manufacturers/sellers of inverters like this - https://flinenergy.com/complete_system

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th March 2021 at 19:13. Reason: trimmed quoted post
rdst_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 09:43   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dubai/Thrissur
Posts: 1,269
Thanked: 2,206 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
Would appreciate any input or advice from knowledgeable members regarding this offer, especially folks from Kerala.
I installed a 5kW grid tie system in Feb 2017(Thrissur, Kerala) for 3.3 Lakhs, the quote above looks to be on the higher side.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 11:28   #178
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: India
Posts: 5,413
Thanked: 7,114 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
.........
Total Amount quoted - 3,20,000 (Includes tax + installation)


I want to ascertain if this is a reasonable quote based on current market prices. Searching online, I found that 3L is the average rate for a 5 kW on grid system.
REC solar panels are supposedly expensive and I think that has driven up the cost in your quote.

The current rates for 5KW grid-tie plant using mono perc panel from vikram, waree or luminous with a single phase inverter from growatt, goodwe or luminous in Thiruvananthapuram is 2.8L to 2.9L inclusive of installation and tax. The current rates are a bit lower compared to 2019 rates when I first enquired.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th March 2021 at 19:13. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:21   #179
Newbie
 
skx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: KL/KWT
Posts: 10
Thanked: 19 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
REC solar panels are supposedly expensive and I think that has driven up the cost in your quote.

The current rates are a bit lower compared to 2019 rates when I first enquired.
Thank you for your valuable input Sankar. I also concluded that use of REC Solar may have affected the price, as they are certainly top quality panels. My uncle has done the same type of solar installation, from the same company, and that time they used Canadian Solar panels (Price quoted was almost the same). REC panels have marginally superior performance, according to the company rep and also from internet user reviews. But I'm skeptical panel quality will affect much difference in output, especially at the small residential scale we are doing. Maybe I'm wrong on this point but will definitely negotiate for lower price, since quoted amount is almost same as 2 year's before, for a similar setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I installed a 5kW grid tie system in Feb 2017(Thrissur, Kerala) for 3.3 Lakhs
Thank you ecenandu. Nice to know we are from the same place. I had read your previous posts detailing your solar installation and they were certainly helpful. Would you mind telling me the company that did your work? I could check with them and ask for a quote for comparison. Your price and mine are almost the same even though 4 years have passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Too high IMO. So a decent 5kW system apart from wiring and installation should cost close to 2L. This gives you negotiation room with the installers you are dealing with.

You can also try and get the system installed directly from manufacturers/sellers of inverters like this - https://flinenergy.com/complete_system
Thank you rdst_1. I will definitely look into that and bargain using it. I did go through Flin Energy website and the warranty quoted by them does not give me much confidence. Also my utmost priority is availability of local support from a company in case of maintenance and other problems. I will ask for a quote from them nevertheless.

Last edited by skx007 : 29th March 2021 at 12:29.
skx007 is offline  
Old 29th March 2021, 13:16   #180
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: India
Posts: 5,413
Thanked: 7,114 Times
Default Re: Using Solar / Wind Power in India (EV charging, home etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
Thank you for your valuable input Sankar. I also concluded that use of REC Solar may have affected the price, as they are certainly top quality panels. My uncle has done the same type of solar installation, from the same company, and that time they used Canadian Solar panels (Price quoted was almost the same). REC panels have marginally superior performance, according to the company rep and also from internet user reviews. But I'm skeptical panel quality will affect much difference in output, especially at the small residential scale we are doing. Maybe I'm wrong on this point but will definitely negotiate for lower price, since quoted amount is almost same as 2 year's before, for a similar setup.
REC and Canadian Solar panels are said to be the best, but like you said I don't know if its value in a residential installation. As I write this a 5kW solar plant is getting installed on the roof here with waree mono perc panels and growatt inverter. The quotes I got from several vendors were in the range I mentioned earlier and finalised with one whom I had contacted in 2019.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks