Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2020, 16:59   #16
BANNED

Re: Mahindra to unveil sub-9 lakh EV at Auto Expo

Sub-9 lakh EV? Mahindra just pulled a rabbit out of its hat. Awaiting Nexon EV's launch, now another car added to the watchlist.

This car or Ora R1 can possibly replace my Nano. If not these two then have to stretch to Nexon EV. These cars will suffice for my current usage.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 11:25   #17
BANNED

Mahindra eKUV100 electric mini SUV spied testing

Mahindra will be unveiling the production-ready e-KUV100 at the 2020 Auto Expo next month.
Quote:
Mahindra has already confirmed that it will be unveiling the final-version of the eKUV100 at the 2020 Auto Expo and will be keeping its starting price under the Rs 9 lakh mark. Now, ahead of the upcoming launch, a test mule of the eKUV was spotted while it was on test in Chennai.
Source: Rushlane
Image Credits: Saravana Pandian
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra working on KUV100 EV. EDIT: Launched at 8.25 lakh-mahindraekuv100electricsuv.jpg  

Mahindra working on KUV100 EV. EDIT: Launched at 8.25 lakh-mahindraekuv100electricsuv1.jpg  

wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 12:58   #18
BHPian

Re: Mahindra eKUV100 electric mini SUV spied testing

Few concerns: The battery pack appears to be quite low in the first picture just like the Kona. I hope ground clearance fares better than the Kona. While Mahindra announced MESMA connected platform a while ago, no products have been released till date on the platform. It makes me wonder if it is still under R&D. I drive a e2o+ in the city and that system has no intelligence at all. Even battery deterioration and range degradation are calibrated at workshop. The eKUV100 again appears to be a bare minimum and not aspirational if news outlets are to be believed. Mahindra appears to be planning the next generation platform for the XUV300.

On the other hand, Tata claims that the NexonEV has ground clearance of 205mm and it is built on their next generation Ziptron platform. https://nexonev.tatamotors.com/features/

At this juncture, I am more inclined to buy an aspirational product as opposed to fleet focused bare minimum products.
ohaak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 11:32   #19
BANNED

Re: Mahindra working on KUV100 EV

Mahindra KUV100 Electric (eKUV100) caught on video testing before the launch at Auto Expo 2020.

Quote:
What is set to become India’s cheapest electric car, the Mahindra KUV100 EV, was caught on video by EVW reader Srinidhi in Chandapura, Hosur Road. Our reader reports that the vehicle could keep up with petrol and diesel cars doing highway speeds.

Mahindra has developed its raised hatchback since the time of the showcase, and it will take the place of the e2o Plus which was discontinued last March. The updated specifications will include a 15.9 kWh Li-Ion battery powering a 40 kW motor (53.6 hp) that develops 120 Nm of continuous torque. It would take 5.5 hours to charge the battery completely while through DC fast-charging, it would come down to an hour. The final range will be about 140 km in the real-world. Another aspect that will improve over the petrol-powered KUV100 NXT is the handling, the eKUV100 theoretically should be nicer to drive as the battery is mounted to the car’s floor that lowers the centre of gravity.
Link
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 11:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra working on KUV100 EV

The price for the Mahindra eKUV100 will be Rs 8.25 lakh (post FAME II subsidy)

Claimed range per charge is 147km. About 53PS and 120Nm on tap. Fast charging up to 80 percent in 60 minutes.

Name:  EP_dtZMUwAEttg5.png
Views: 2226
Size:  79.0 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2020 at 11:55.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra eKUV100 electric SUV launched at Rs. 8.25 lakh

Mahindra has launched eKUV100 electric SUV at a price of Rs. 8.25 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Mahindra working on KUV100 EV. EDIT: Launched at 8.25 lakh-ep_lmaxxuaeupns.jpg

The eKUV100 has a blanked-off grille with chrome inserts, wraparound headlamps and a dual-tone bumper that houses a set of fog lamps. The car's charging port is located on the passenger side front fender.

The eKUV100 is powered by an electric motor that has an output of 54 BHP. It comes with a liquid-cooled battery that is claimed to offer a maximum range of 150 km on a single charge. The battery has a claimed charging time of 5 hours 45 mins using a regular charger. With a fast charger, it can be recharged in 55 mins.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 16:14   #22
BHPian

Re: Mahindra eKUV100 electric SUV launched at Rs. 8.25 lakh

When manufacturers are upping the game by launching more practical eVs with longer range Mahindra is still stuck at 150 km . Whats wrong with your R&D team? I amused to see that a brand which pioneered on bringing eV to the market is left behind by all the other manufacturers. After its long presence on eV market I expected something more practical from Mahindra.
Storm2.0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 16:25   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra working on KUV100 EV. EDIT: Launched at 8.25 lakh

So it's ugly, slow & has a limited range. Why doesn't Mahindra understand that EVs - at their nascent stage - have to sell on appeal . Such half-hearted efforts are an example of how Mahindra completely lost its first-mover advantage by buying Reva.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 16:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So it's ugly, slow & has a limited range. Why doesn't Mahindra understand that EVs - at their nascent stage - have to sell on appeal . Such half-hearted efforts are an example of how Mahindra completely lost its first-mover advantage by buying Reva.
I think in this case they are looking at the pricing aspect to get into the volumes (whatever volumes electric cars can drive) and purely a second car to go from home > work > home.

When your nearest rival costs Rs 17l onroad (Nexon), this might tempt those moving from the likes of a Nano or Kwid (as a second car, not primary car)

Use these as a testbed when they launch something like the XUV300 electric which would be their first real shot at the segment. I for one though welcome any movement in this segment, nascent as it is.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 16:51   #25
BANNED

Re: Mahindra eKUV100 electric SUV launched at Rs. 8.25 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
I amused to see that a brand which pioneered on bringing eV to the market is left behind by all the other manufacturers. After its long presence on eV market I expected something more practical from Mahindra.
No it is not Mahindra which first brought the EVs to our market.

It is Chetain Maini's Reva Electric Car Company(RVECC) which first brought electric cars to India way back in 2001, then came the first Li-ion powered electric car of India in 2009.

Later on, the company was acquired by Mahindra, Maini worked with Mahindra as a CTO and then as a CEO, before leaving to form SUN Mobility, and Lithium Urban Technologies.

Mahindra Electric as we know today is due to the lot of foundational work done by Chetan Maini.
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 17:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

The only good thing about this car is liquid cooled battery. For an individual buyer it costs over over 10 lakhs ex showroom if Mahindra wants to sell. Another 5 lakhs you get Nexon with double the battery and all the gadgets.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 5th February 2020 at 17:49.
Old 5th February 2020, 17:38   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The Mahindra e2oPlus has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 5.46 - 8.46 lakhs ex-Delhi (post state subsidy and FAME incentive).
I see this as a replacement for e2oPlus and e-Verito. For the price of e2oPlus one gets bigger and better built car. I wish Mahindra had given range around 200kms.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th February 2020 at 18:38. Reason: Mahindra & not Tata.
Old 6th February 2020, 10:17   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I think in this case they are looking at the pricing aspect to get into the volumes (whatever volumes electric cars can drive) and purely a second car to go from home > work > home.
Agreed partially. It is definitely well-priced. But history has shown us that customers won't buy compromised EVs with poor performance + range, especially from Mahindra. They've had EVs before at slightly lower & slightly higher price points, yet all of them bombed.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 10:57   #29
BHPian

By the looks of it this is a 100 km real world device. This is only useful as a grocery getter and nothing else. The sweet-spot is at 250 km real world when it makes economic sense for the fleets.
sreeharipv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 21:03   #30
BHPian

This is a stop gap arrangement until they are about to rollout better products on the MESMA platform. I don't see which market segment needs this product. Fleet still go for the eVerito despite higher cost for better passenger comfort. Again for fast charging, this is a different plug than the Tata, Hyundai and MG ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks