Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2018, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata: New electric car to be released in 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
At >11L, the Tigor supplied to EESL is already an expensive vehicle.
That price includes the AMC.
Old 29th August 2018, 12:32   #17
BHPian

re: Tata: New electric car to be released in 2 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
That price includes the AMC.
I dont think there will be a substantial cost difference for including a 5 Year AMC for an electric vehicle. Since consumables for an electric car is much lesser compared to a petrol/diesel powered vehicle, the AMC cost would also be proportionately lesser. Rest of the items including battery and electricals will be covered under a 5 Year warranty and Mahindra had been providing 5Yr extended warranty for its e2o for <20K. I am guessing Tata's 5 year warranty would also be in that price range.

My assumption will be wrong if that AMC includes lakhs of kilometers and free tyre changes etc

Last edited by Holyghost : 29th August 2018 at 12:35.
Old 2nd September 2018, 20:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Report Indian Car & Industry News here!

This came on a local Tiago WhatsApp group. The person who sent these himself forwarded so not sure who the source is.

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-08f0b62cd251478886d1a9b1466e8cdf.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-720cda9e46db4e9891f40afda3970696.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-937fc8451fe548a6a2abd98fcdff2de0.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-5856eceb6d6d4fa48f1580f2002adf1b.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-a175aa92e5a245ec9dc98852aa18366e.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-b3fcff5d0adb44a4b1786e9640cc1b9a.jpg

Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018-de111313d0eb4811a3f4dd595205b1a4.jpg
libranof1987 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This came on a local Tiago WhatsApp group. The person who sent these himself forwarded so not sure who the source is.
From the 3rd image it seems like Top-1 model because there are no fog lights, but the interior in the 7th image has Automatic AC like in XZ and XZ(O) of Tigor. Maybe the ICE powered Tiago's will also undergo some feature additions and shuffling in order to counter the upcoming launches of Santro and WagonR in order to keep the sales momentum going.

From the 6th image, there is no Power Adjustable ORVM button, so maybe even a lower model than the current XT, but then why the Auto AC?
Old 3rd September 2018, 10:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I am not expert in EV, but is the battery pack located on the enginebay ? If so this would be be one nose heavy car !!! My Tigor with puny NA 1.2 understeers when I push it on twisty roads, this might understeer more

Hope TATA beats everyone in the EV race and enjoy the success for their hardwork on their current products, which haven't reflected in sales(not taking the that illusive 3rd spot in sales).

Next step would be EV for small commercial vehicles! With petrol/diesel price heading to 100Rs/litr this could be the next logical step.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am not expert in EV, but is the battery pack located on the enginebay ? If so this would be be one nose heavy car !!!

I saw a video review sometime ago and it mentions that the two charging ports seen in the picture above are for two battery packs. One in the engine bay and other at rear. That should help balance the weight.

ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I saw a video review sometime ago and it mentions that the two charging ports seen in the picture above are for two battery packs. One in the engine bay and other at rear. That should help balance the weight.
The charging port at the rear is DC Fast Charging port based on Chinese GB/T DC fast charging standard. So Tiago/Tigor is not getting CHAdeMO or the CCS fast chargers used in other parts of the world. The charging port under the bonnet area is the normal AC charger. I wonder why they had to put the AC charging port under the hood. It is not possible to setup DC fast charging stations in our homes and we will be restricted to normal AC charging through the port under the hood. Think about the inconvenience of opening the bonnet, connecting the charger and again repeating the same for removing the charger everyday. Hope Tata fixes this before rolling out to public.

Also, I dont think it has 2 battery packs, even if it has, it will be charged via the same port. You cannot have 2 different battery packs with seperate charging systems where one gets charged via Fast DC and other with slow AC.

Last edited by Holyghost : 3rd September 2018 at 14:16.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
From the 3rd image it seems like Top-1 model because there are no fog lights, but the interior in the 7th image has Automatic AC like in XZ and XZ(O) of Tigor.
From the 6th image, there is no Power Adjustable ORVM button, so maybe even a lower model than the current XT, but then why the Auto AC?
ORVM buttons are placed elsewhere on Tigor, not on the door panel i.e place where manual adjustment is present usually, XZ(o) is the only variant that gets automatic climate control! since electric cars will need touch screen to display various details related to battery, they may have chosen XZ(o) interior and lower version's exterior for cost cutting purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post

https://Youtu.be/iOiNY4SIr4w
This gives me hope that it won't be as bad as I thought, so it now just needs more power!
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 14:53   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
The charging port at the rear is DC Fast Charging port based on Chinese GB/T DC fast charging standard. So Tiago/Tigor is not getting CHAdeMO or the CCS fast chargers used in other parts of the world.
My logical guess is the batteries, BMS, motor controller and motor are all from china. Hence the use of GB/T port.

It will be int interesting to see whether india adopts a universal format. The Japanese(maruti,nissan,toyota) will surely use CHAdeMO and germans CCS(vw group,mercedes,bmw).
Old 3rd September 2018, 15:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
My logical guess is the batteries, BMS, motor controller and motor are all from china. Hence the use of GB/T port.

It will be int interesting to see whether india adopts a universal format. The Japanese(maruti,nissan,toyota) will surely use CHAdeMO and germans CCS(vw group,mercedes,bmw).
The e2o plus also gets GB/T fast charging port and also heard that e2o plus is based on Bharat EV charging standard. So we can safely assume that India is heading towards GB/T fast charging standard.

Tesla has already launched their vehicles with GB/T port in China. Lets wait and watch what Maruti, Nissan and the germans come up with.
Old 11th September 2018, 09:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor EV @ Auto Expo 2018

Thanks to Gaurav Som for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

He says,
Quote:
The most interesting detail about the car was - it was accelerating faster than my swift and was able to overtake nicely. We were running at a speed of 60 km/h.

blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 09:17   #27
BHPian

The pictures in this thread shows the EV still has an SLI battery. Does anybody know the reason what is the use of this SLI battery even though the EV has a much bigger and better Li-Ion battery under the car? The SLI seems like a dead weight and waste of range to me.. or am I missing something?
Old 29th October 2018, 12:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutta_d1 View Post
The pictures in this thread shows the EV still has an SLI battery. Does anybody know the reason what is the use of this SLI battery even though the EV has a much bigger and better Li-Ion battery under the car? The SLI seems like a dead weight and waste of range to me.. or am I missing something?

Even my e2o has a 12V Lead Acid battery that powers the auxiliary systems for Headlights, door locks and other ECU/BMC systems. They call this the auxiliary battery. Even if your main battery goes into protection mode and is in a shut off state, you will need 12v power supply from this battery to manage the rest of the car electronics.
Old 31st October 2018, 12:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Has the Tiago EV been launched?

I saw one while driving to work today morning. It was a white Tiago with blue EV sticker on the front door and a blue EV batch on the left side of the radiator grill. The car did not have any registration plate, so that could be a car driven to a Tata showroom, that is my guess. The door stickers had 3 lines (IIRC) as design before the word EV, which is different from pre-launch pictures.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2018, 13:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Has the Tiago EV been launched?

I saw one while driving to work today morning. It was a white Tiago with blue EV sticker on the front door and a blue EV batch on the left side of the radiator grill. The car did not have any registration plate, so that could be a car driven to a Tata showroom, that is my guess. The door stickers had 3 lines (IIRC) as design before the word EV, which is different from pre-launch pictures.
Hi saket77,

Was it this one ? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4265538 ... which seems to be the same as this one https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-405905

Or was it this one ? https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...xpo-2018-4.jpg

And where exactly did you spot this car ?

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift

Most Viewed