Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 14:45   #271
BANNED

Re: The Hyundai Kona electric SUV, now launched @ 25.3 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Of course not, there is no 'tail pipe' and the 'tail pipe emission norms' won't apply. But I hope the regulatory bodies would take note of the total CO2 footprint of an EV and associated services, including the scraping/disposal and accordingly come up with certain standards.
Obviously. They should do away with the BS-IV-VI .... Also, PUC. Else you still run a risk of being nicked. It high time the regulations for EVs are defined.
Old 6th August 2019, 20:55   #272
BHPian

The Hyundai Kona electric SUV, now launched @ 25.3 lakhs

I test drove the Kona yesterday. Car is smooth, drives like a big car, haven't driven the I20 so don't know how that drives. It looks like the same size as a I20 cross active SUV car. Steering is light, car does jump over potholes and speed humps. Feels like a 8-9 lac car not a 25 lac car. Central console looks nice. Person sitting behind 6 footer will have no leg room. Overall I liked the car but 25 Lacs is a lot of money for a Hyundai.

Correcting: I was told Hyundai would come home and install a charger which would charge the car in 6 hours for 1.5 Lacs, however Autocarindia said in the review that Hyundai would charge 80000/-, anyone else have idea on this ?

Last edited by ampere : 26th August 2019 at 07:17. Reason: typo fixed
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 06:23   #273
Senior - BHPian

The salesman said not to quote him on this but first few customers will get this free. Even Ather scooter costing a lakh gives an impressive charging infrastructure, so why not Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Hyundai would charge 80000/-, for fast charger
Old 7th August 2019, 06:31   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The salesman said not to quote him on this but first few customers will get this free. Even Ather scooter costing a lakh gives an impressive charging infrastructure, so why not Hyundai

Issue isnt with the Hyundai charging. What I'm trying to figure out is that the correct price is it 80000/- or 1.5 lacs ?
Old 7th August 2019, 06:38   #275
Senior - BHPian

Ah, in that case, it is Rs. 80,000. The first quote given to me added this on (in pen) and the guys quietly let me know that it will be given free. So that's how I know.
Quote:
Issue isn't with the Hyundai charging. What I'm trying to figure out is that the correct price is it 80000/- or 1.5 lacs ?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:14   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Correcting: I was told Hyundai would come home and install a charger which was charge the car in 6 hours for 1.5 lacs, however autocarindia said in the review that Hyundai would charge 80000/-, anyone else have idea on this ?
Not sure which review you read, but this is relevant excerpt from the Autocar India review:
A 7.2kW wall-box charger and a 2.8kW portable charger are provided with every Kona. Hyundai also assists with the installation of the wall box charger, which can be set up at the user's residence or office. It takes a little over 6 hours to charge the Kona from 0-100 percent. If buyers wish to buy an additional wall box, it'll cost them about Rs 80,000.

Review link:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...-review-413427

As mentioned above, 7.2 kW wall box charger comes standard with each Kona and Hyundai will install at your home for free. You will also get 2.8 kW portable charger. Same thing is mentioned in NDTV, Zig Wheels and Car Dekho reviews as well. If you need additional wall box charger at second location (may be at office or guest house) you need to pay extra for that.
sri_tesla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:29   #277
BHPian

The Hyundai Kona electric SUV, now launched @ 25.3 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post

As mentioned above, 7.2 kW wall box charger comes standard with each Kona and Hyundai will install at your home for free. You will also get 2.8 kW portable charger. Same thing is mentioned in NDTV, Zig Wheels and Car Dekho reviews as well. If you need additional wall box charger at second location (may be at office or guest house) you need to pay extra for.

I was told that this 6 hour charger is chargeable and at 1.5 lacs. I asked the sales lady twice but that's what information she had. I read this exact review but then I don't know what internal position they have so she said it's chargeable.

Afterwards I even asked her if I wanted additional charger at my other house in Gujarat she said that also can be done at a charge of additional 1.5 lacs and Hyundai will come and do it.

The revised quote after GST cut works out to rupees 25 lacs on road Mumbai. Insurance quoted at 1 lac I offered to do it on my own but so far facing resistance from the dealer saying they do not allow outside insurance on kona. I haven't yet decided about the kona so didn't push anything else in the immediate.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 17:03   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I fail to understand why there is so much emphasis on sound in the Harley Video? Is it appealing? Is it a selling point? The 'sound' being the Harley signature. Will it appeal to existing customers, or will it create a new bunch of followers? Coming back to Kona, the range is the best ever we will get to see in India (for time being)
Yes it is. To each his own.

More importantly, it looks like a safety issue to me - like I said, the Kona was eerily silent when I test drove it.
Old 14th August 2019, 20:20   #279
BHPian

Kona at No.4!!

Looks like Hyundai leap frogged ahead of the Tesla's too. Quite a remarkable achievement for Hyundai.

In the coming few years, I believe Hyundai will eat more into Maruti's market share, except an MPV, they have everything else ready. Both Maruti and Hyundai have BS6 Petrols ready, but it is Hyundai who is ready with the BS6 diesel, that too a 1.2L and a 1.5L for the mass market.
Hyundai also has launched an Electric car ahead of Maruti, and Hyundai's management will definitely utilize this first mover advantage and will come up with cheaper and smaller cars for sure.

Note: The Kona here is the longer range one!
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 14:21   #280
BHPian

Saw the Kona in flesh for the first time today around Sarjapur, Bangalore. Looked futuristic in flesh, especially with the colour (Midway between grey and blue) and the fact it took time to adjust with a closed Grille . But that car was brisk!!
Old 20th August 2019, 19:00   #281
BHPian

I took a short test drive today. The car is very zippy, extremely silent and extremely fun to drive. A friend of mine who drives an A4 states that it is peppier than his ride!.

And they confirmed that A 7.2kW wall-box charger and a 2.8kW portable charger are provided with every Kona. Hyundai also assists with the installation of the wall box charger, which can be set up at the user's residence or office. It takes a little over 6 hours to charge the Kona from 0-100 percent.

The interior space specially at the back seats is much smaller than I had hoped for, limited leg space and overall space for only two adults and a kid in the middle.

Last edited by danc : 20th August 2019 at 19:06. Reason: additional info
danc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 20:15   #282
Senior - BHPian

Kona deliveries have begun, with the first customer from Mysuru getting his car. Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore delivered the car to an 'environmentalist' and has unleashed its India run.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 08:12   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Following Jeep Compass delivery pattern, now Hyundai Kona electric sales executives dance before delivery

SAS Hyundai Lucknow - Launch of 1st Electric Car Kona

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:13   #284
BHPian

Oh boy! This would have left me embarassed and feeling awkward spoiling the whole occasion. I am glad I am never the first to buy anything

octane_100 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:43   #285
BHPian

Does the kona make sense at this price point ? Would like to know the views of everyone reading this as I was considering it for my parents who drive very little and a wheelchair is parked in the boot of the car at all times but the price point and lack of special feeling when sitting inside the car are making me question the kona.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks