Last edited by Aditya : 5th December 2018 at 18:59. Reason: Adding watermarks
VivekCherian is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 06:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
Look what one of my friends found in our office parking lot
That should be the same Leaf that's displayed along with the GT-R at the Nissan showroom.
Anand123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 19:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India

Second-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 17:26   #4
BHPian

Some information from reliable sources:
1. Definitely being launched in India in 2019.
2. Price upwards of 20 lakhs.
3. No direct sale to individuals initially. Only B2B.
Old 6th December 2018, 17:27   #5
BHPian

The cars have been brought in for the inauguration of the Nissan Digital Hub coming up in Technopark, Trivandrum. A Red GTR and KICKS have also been brought down. They will be used for promotional purpose I think.
Roshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 11:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Joseph Rony for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-img20181204wa0009.jpg

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-img20181204wa0005.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 11:24   #7
Team-BHP Support

Nissan has really not got any meaningful numbers in the sales charts over the years. If the Leaf is launched in India and priced upwards of Rs. 20 lakhs as mentioned earlier, I cannot see Nissan moving up the charts. That said, I think the Leaf is one of the best electric cars in the world. It looks nice and has an acceptable range.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 18:45   #8
BHPian

Nissan Leaf EV Finally Coming To India This Year; Officially Confirmed

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190122183510_twitter.jpg

Nissan Leaf has officially been confirmed to launch before the end of this year in India as part of the brand’s 2022 roadmap

Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190122190558_chrome.jpg

Quote:

The arrival of the Leaf electric vehicle has long been anticipated in India but only today Nissan has confirmed that it is slated for debut this year.

Besides announcing the prices of the Kicks premium SUV for the domestic market today with a subscription scheme, Nissan has revealed its future plans for sustained growth. The new 2022 roadmap specifically framed for India deals with several new opportunities as the company focusses on a wider spectrum of approaches.

It involves producing more cars with better service including “intelligent mobility and connectivity”.
Nissan has invested over one billion USD for developing products for the Indian market along with sister brand Datsun and global alliance partner Renault.
Scoop! 2nd-gen Nissan Leaf spotted in India-screenshot_20190122190635_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Nissan had already displayed the Leaf EV in India at the MOVE Summit 2018 in New Delhi, and it measures 4,480 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width and stands 1,540 mm in height with wheelbase of 2,700 mm. It comes equipped with an EM57 electric motor, which is good enough to produce 150 PS and 320 Nm of peak torque.

The lithium-ion battery pack of 40 kWh capacity takes up to 16 hours to get fully charged when a 3 kW charger is used. A 6 kW charger will reduce the time by half. Nissan offers a fast charger that will quickly replenish up to 80 per cent in just around 40 minutes. It has claimed range close to 400 km on a single charge in JC08 cycle. We will have to wait and see which battery pack Nissan will offer for India in the coming months.
Source
JS Kwt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:24   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a practical electric car. Even if the practical city range is 2/3rds of the 400 kms claim it is still very useful for daily running around. I am very clear that whatever I buy next will be either all-electric or plug-in hybrid. Time to embrace the future.
V.Narayan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:39   #10
Team-BHP Support

This is a lovely little car; perfect as a city commuter. With a modern design, a realistic range and a strong legacy, this has quite some potential to make it big. The price and the badge will be a matter of concern though. Other thing: I wonder how B2B sales will work out, rather than B2C. I'm not quite sure what the pros of this are vs. focussing on private buyers.

I hope the Indian Govt. and Nissan can come together can get the EV revolution in India a big shot in the arm through the Leaf.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:48   #11
BHPian

Don't know why it hasn't been launched earlier in India. In Bhutan, Leaf is being sold since 2014 and I've spotted plenty on the streets of Thimphu. They are all imported via Port of Kolkata.

EVehicles in general are finding an extremely slow pace of entry into the Indian automobile industry, the country where mass production of such vehicles should've started by now. Is the govt planning to open up to EV infrastructure (at least) in the metros when AQI of NCR and other cities touch 600 and all the people are choked to death?

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 22nd January 2019 at 21:50.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:03   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Don't know why it hasn't been launched earlier in India. In Bhutan, Leaf is being sold since 2014 and I've spotted plenty on the streets of Thimphu. They are all imported via Port of Kolkata.
Am not surprised, Bhutan's main export is electricity!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Bhutan's main export is electricity!
Very true. Also their hydroelectric infrastructure is developed by India who receives back majority of the surplus output. (not related to thread topic)

My point is that India is in a much better position Energy-wise (renewable as well as non renewable) than previously. Its time the GOI capitalised on that w.r.t the automotive sector.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:46   #14
BHPian

My sources tell me that it will be priced in the early 30's as of now. Nissan is lobbying the government a lot and might get some privileges. It is a fantastic global product with a worthy range. It has the potential to move people from IC engines if priced sensibly. Nissan cannot be blamed, the high import duties are to be blamed.

And yes, initially it will be a B2B offering only and that too in select metro cities.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 17:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Modern design, modern technology and a proven performer globally; cars like the Nissan Leaf I hope finds a market amongst garden-spec German luxury marque options. Even at the rumoured price I feel it brings tangible value.

Just wish that our market sheds the faux prestige associated with sedans and SUVs and embraces technology

Most Viewed