Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 16:00   #31
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tesla Model S in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Same goes for the McLarens which are imported by Exclusive Motors.
Can understand in the case of McLaren & Tesla which are not officially available here, but some of their other cars like 488,Aventador,Cullinan are not registered in their company name. These are officially available here.

PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 17:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Can understand in the case of McLaren & Tesla which are not officially available here, but some of their other cars like 488,Aventador,Cullinan are not registered in their company name. These are officially available here.
IMHO, such a pointless discussion. How does it even matter whose name or company it is registered on?
Their cars, their money, their choice. We should rather just enjoy the influx of cars.

Also the primary reason why people follow this is because, in a few states in India.
Taxes for individual registration is cheaper than company registration. Hence several people opt for this.
cityvic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 18:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
IMHO, such a pointless discussion. How does it even matter whose name or company it is registered on?
Their cars, their money, their choice. We should rather just enjoy the influx of cars.

Also the primary reason why people follow this is because, in a few states in India.
Taxes for individual registration is cheaper than company registration. Hence several people opt for this.

In continuation... and then transfer it to company assets as capital influx to enjoy depreciation. Since it's not a new registration, no further tax should be imposed.
Old 12th September 2019, 18:34   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed! Thank You for saying it. Most of us should be happy to see the variety of cars we're able to see around. I surely am!
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 20:29   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Indeed! Thank You for saying it. Most of us should be happy to see the variety of cars we're able to see around. I surely am!

Since the Ambanis were mentioned. Do they drive a lot of their supercars out. Most pics i have seen seem to be them being driven around
Old 12th September 2019, 21:00   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Absolutely.

Quote:
Not really in case of Maharashtra as they have capped the Road Tax to 20 Lac some years before unless there is some recent change.

https://www.rushlane.com/maharashtra...-12246438.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
In continuation... and then transfer it to company assets as capital influx to enjoy depreciation. Since it's not a new registration, no further tax should be imposed.
I think it will be more to save the hassles on Imports and documentation. Someone who is dealing regularly can Import in a better way. RIL cannot just go to a Tesla Dealer in UK or similar market and ask them to Invoice to an Indian address. These Importers do it via some special Dealers overseas who normally will pick the car at the local address and then Invoice for exports. So RIL pays in INR to a local dealer.

In the case of Tesla, had they asked nicely, I am sure Elon Musk would have gladly sent them something special
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 11:05   #37
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My thoughts exactly! How does it matter under whose name the car is registered anyways. The Ambanis seem to have quite a taste for supercars, glad to see them coming in some delectable specs!
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:39   #38
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT but I came across this while browsing through FB. I wonder how they cracked the theory. Hmmmmmm. 🤔😂
Not even the first time these guys are lifting things straight off the forum for these corny ‘sensationalised’ articles.
Attached Thumbnails
Tesla Model S in India-2e9fb435b47c498b9ab57124e1b75aef.jpeg  

Old 13th September 2019, 15:23   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Slightly OT but I came across this while browsing through FB. I wonder how they cracked the theory. Hmmmmmm. 🤔😂
Not even the first time these guys are lifting things straight off the forum for these corny ‘sensationalised’ articles.
It's quite sad how they use their clickbaity titles to push content that they've lifted from other places.

Just saw the article, they haven't even given any credits. As someone who's been in the tech journalism space briefly, it's disappointing that there are so many publications who do copy-paste work and leech off the hard work of others.
Old 13th September 2019, 23:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
This was registered in March 2019 and I believe at that time Green number plates were not mandatory in MH. Some other older Teslas are also seen with regular white background plates in Bombay.

Trivia: Owners' name is Reliance Industries but ownership count is 2. When did RIL start buying used cars?
I was actually just joking with this question - never knew this would lead to so many posts

Large corporate houses have this as a usual practice so as to 'manage' their paper work, expenses and share holder expectations better. I don't agree to it but then what can we do about it given that it is all legal
Old 31st January 2020, 10:47   #41
BHPian

It is a 100D with a range of 539 km.
Old 4th March 2020, 19:36   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this Model X 75D just outside the airport.

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110829_1.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110848.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110838.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110902.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110910.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_20191008_110926.jpg
///RMan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 13:22   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model S 100D spotted rolling in the night by Viren Parikh

Tesla Model S in India-img_0282.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_0276.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_0273.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_0290.jpg

Tesla Model S in India-img_0285.jpg

Last edited by ///RMan : 18th March 2020 at 13:26.
Old 12th October 2020, 01:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have a huge curiosity about these Tesla's popping around India. Are they all individually imported? is there any importer in India?

A friend of mine is on the verge of buying a Sports car in Bangalore and I, having driven Tesla's many times, am suggesting him a Model S as an alternative. He is not a track guy.

having not found anything credible to answer this question, I rely on you folk.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th December 2020, 10:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please share the contact details of the guys who deal with the Tesla imports

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks