Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:02   #61
BHPian

Re: India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorp_Knight View Post
So the difference between ZS ev and Kona ev is mere thousands? Interesting. From the looks of it, ZS seems to be a superior product overall, while Kona has the range advantage.
Once you drive MG ZS, you may not find same excitement in Kona. And I think, for MG ZS its all about the sun-roof and connected car features for which they charge the premium.
bornnerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
Anyone knows what the final on road price will be incl GST, insurance, misc charges?

In the meanwhile there is no response from MG on Twitter as yet, had shared the video of the car catching fire. Should we collectively start tagging each other to force them to respond ?
Add about 65,000-70,000 over the ex showroom for insurance and handling. That is what I paid for my kona.
mohanphadnis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 18:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
Add about 65,000-70,000 over the ex showroom for insurance and handling. That is what I paid for my kona.
For a very similar price the Kona will hold the advantage. One Hyundau is still the more established brand. Second, range anxiety is every EV owners biggest worry, and the Kona already has the reputation of being the best.
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 18:47   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
. There are hardly any features in Exclusive that command such a hefty premium, the most notable ones are the panoramic sunroof and the connected car features.
It's a very smart move. The maximum sales of the Hector is the top trim. Mainly due to the panoramic sunroof and connected car tech. So I'm sure that will be the trend with ZS EV as well. Someone who's buying an EV today, besides the environmental impact, is also doing it for the bragging rights.

Imagine what a green number plate, a massive panoramic sunroof and connected car tech can do together?
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 19:02   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
It's a very smart move. The maximum sales of the Hector is the top trim. Mainly due to the panoramic sunroof and connected car tech. So I'm sure that will be the trend with ZS EV as well. Someone who's buying an EV today, besides the environmental impact, is also doing it for the bragging rights.

Imagine what a green number plate, a massive panoramic sunroof and connected car tech can do together?
Yes, but at the same time this pricing also helps someone like me who value the six airbags over panoramic sunroof and connected car tech.
The Excite variant will be ~20.5L on road in Bangalore which is phenomenal value for a well sized SUV with top features including safety and closer to 300KM range.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 20:17   #66
BHPian

Pricing seems to be on expected lines,₹ 1-2 lakh lower would have been even more aggressive, I suspect as MG Motors promised more Evs on the auto expo 2020 that’s why they didn’t go for the price kill, MG does have solid number of bookings in its kitty while Hyundai Kona has sold around 280 plus units till date or rather sold out. On 28th Jan we will know the Nexon Ev booking numbers as well. Meanwhile Sharing the screenshots of the official media release by MG Motors India
Attached Thumbnails
India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-4bb0fe01246d4cfb90b7112969445bb5.jpeg  

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-ea715e8f34e148fd86acfcca1bb52e98.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 21:21   #67
BHPian

Wow. Great Price and Good Range. The only reason why people who consider the Nexon may buy the MG will be because of the range. Price at this point when the EVs are new, may not be a big problem for the buyers. Because I am assuming 99% of them will have the car as a second or third. Many of the people who are buying the KONA are early adopters and are paying a premium for that, which is an execellent car in terms of the tech its offering

But again, MG perfect pricing. Bang in between the Nexon and the KONA and with its road presence I think the MG will get the bigger slice of the market compared to Nexon, even with the higher price tag
Old 23rd January 2020, 22:17   #68

Hey, the exclusive ended up being priced at more of a premium than I anticipated...I've booked both this and the nexon ev. I like the three year buyback option on the mg. Are there any leasing options you are aware of? For either of these cars? Many thanks.
bungdung91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 07:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungdung91 View Post
Hey, the exclusive ended up being priced at more of a premium than I anticipated...I've booked both this and the nexon ev. I like the three year buyback option on the mg. Are there any leasing options you are aware of? For either of these cars? Many thanks.
Any car will give you a 50% plus buyback after three years so don't get lured only by that.

MG has tied up with Myles so you can go in for a lease through them to get a feel of the car.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 07:38   #70

Does orix or somebody else also offer leasing, I'm in the camp that there are going to be an insane number of new Ev's out in the next few years, that I will want to change in a few years, potentially even switch to an alternate ownership model, yet I want to jump on the bad wagon today

Also, I don't feel 50% is a done deal 3 years from now in a field where the technology curve is at a point where costs are going down exponentially.
bungdung91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 08:41   #71
Team-BHP Support

50% residual after 3 years is too little. It’s even less or almost comparable to what BMW offers on 7 series which is amongst top 10 most depreciated cars worldwide. I don’t buy this Pre booking sales numbers at all. 2000+ bookings are not possible. Let’s wait for the monthly numbers. They can always tell that so many people decided to cancel.

But, I like the way how MG has taken this segment seriously, the number of chargers they are adding is definitely to be appreciated. Another member who is buying a Tata EV had to ask manufacturer to let their dealership allow him charge using a 15 amp charger. If Maruti, Tata, Hyundai set up few chargers at their dealerships to begin with it will be a big step. But unfortunately Maruti being such a miser company will not do anything until government grants them something in return.

2020 has started as a great year for electric vehicles. Let’s hope that it all develops fast.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th January 2020 at 09:04.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 08:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
50% residual after 3 years is too little.
I agree 100%. Here is a Forbes article on the high residual value on used EVs from US perspective. But at least it is a good model for those with anxiety and it will help more people adopt a second hand EV.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:27   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don’t buy this Pre booking sales numbers at all. 2000+ bookings are not possible. Let’s wait for the monthly numbers. They can always tell that so many people decided to cancel.

But, I like the way how MG has taken this segment seriously, the number of chargers they are adding is definitely to be appreciated.
They've got over 2500 bookings. Worst case scenario, even if 50% cancel ( which I don't think so, it'll be more like 20%), it's a pretty big number. And the showrooms are taking bookings even now, rather putting people on a waitlist, like the Hector. So I'd say it's a good start.

What I liked about their approach is their seriousness and the intent. They're very clear with their strategy. X no of Chargers in Metros, X nos in satellite towns so people doing road trips can plan accordingly.

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot_20200123124239__01.jpg

This is a good network to start with. Whatever the government does is being taken as a bonus.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:34   #74
Team-BHP Support

I'm a bit unhappy with the dual pricing that they did before 17th and after. They didn't announce this earlier right? That the people who book before will get a 1L benefit.

Also they received bookings and then decided their own cut off date depending on number of bookings they want to honour at lower price.

Then when the prices were revealed the press release says this:

Quote:
MG Motor India launches the ZS EV, the country's first pure electric internet SUV, at an inaugural price of INR 19.88 lakh
The above price is only for the initial few cars which they decided the count on.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 10:36   #75
Team-BHP Support

^^
This 2500 booking seems to be a hoax. Best case, they have allocated some numbers to dealerships and now it’s up to them to sell. Why I am sure is that the guy who was following up with me wanted us to just sign the booking form and no advance to get lower rates. I am sure, anyone can still get lower rates maybe not immediately but in few weeks.

The map with cities name mentioned in a font that visually tries to cover whole India looks nice. I don’t think it will be practical to take car for charging to the dealerships when you are travelling. You want a stop where you can have food or break and not diverge off the highway in some town and look for an unknown address.

Nevertheless, good and serious efforts by MG.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th January 2020 at 10:37.
Turbanator is online now   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks