Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 10:32   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now with the anti-Chinese lobby in full flow

How are we responding to MG.
Also, with China holding a near monopoly on Lithium what do we do? Any alternative sources of Li. Please advise.
Not sure how it came to be known. This shows the reserves across countries
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ves-worldwide/

Chile does have very active mining and people are complaining about use of lots of water that is used.
Old 19th August 2020, 01:08   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
This really makes me buy into LG Chem batteries being more “efficient” theory.

True.

However, With regards to sales, it will concur - If only, efficiency is sought in Absolution, instead of whole package

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimedico View Post
Fortunately we have taken the delivery of ZS EV exclusive in Bengaluru by Mid-march. Few days delay would have locked it in the showroom till now. Because of COVID we had to get back to our home town Vijayawada. 680 Kms. So halted at a Hotel in Tirupati. An OK ride mostly because of bad roads. Kept full charge over night.
Greetings All,

Update from my side :-

-Completed 6500 Kms
-In Love with the Car

-Ultra Slow Charger Went Kaput last Month - Long Story short - Due to Covid situation, the Car had to be permanently used in our native - Vijayawada, AP.And Since, there is no Service here yet, the 6 hrs 7.4kw Medium Charger, could not be installed. So, I am charging the Car solely with 19 hrs 3kw Portable Charger (which is supposed to be used less frequently). Either, because of this abuse or because of voltage fluctuations in Rainy season, it died.

Contacted MG Bangalore. Sent the failed portable charger to them over courier. In the mean while, charged my car in MG Vijayawada. After 10 working days, A Free Replacement Part has been dispatched to my local MG Vijayawada. Received it. Smooth. Liked MG Service Experience. Word is that, ZS EV is going to be launched here in Vijayawada next month. Which makes the Scheduled Services and 7kw charger installation easy.

Still Busy with Covid Duties. Hence, Could not write a comprehensive ownership experience yet.

Regards.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
Attached Thumbnails
India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot_20200819_012038.jpg  

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-screenshot_20200819_010644_com.saicmotor.iov.india.jpg  

India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh-img_20200819_015110.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 19th August 2020 at 09:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
srimedico is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th August 2020, 23:33   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: India-bound MG eZS electric SUV unveiled. Edit: Launched at 19.88 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post

Anyone here has some insider information on this front.
Since the ZS EV is brought down as kits and assembled in India, it could be a possibility. When they stop making these kits, they'll have to bring in the new ines, hence a launch of the facelift is imminent.

However, it's a bit too soon for a facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
To those of you who have checked out the eZS, how does this compare to the Hector, size wise?
I mean, if both were available with the same petrol engine, would one be preferable to the other, apart from the looks department?
They are different vehicles. You can't compare an electric vehicle to one with an internal combustion engine. Size wise, the ZS EV is more on the lines of Creta and S Cross. The Hector has a lot more space.

The regular ZS is sold with a petrol engine and the same engines do duty on the Hector as well. If there's a comparison, the ZS Petrol is the preferred car because of the power to weight ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Looks to me that MG just faked it's reservations and tried to make some news.
A friend's booking no is in the 1200's. I've seen the email sent by MG. Don't really think they can fake that.

But all those who pay the booking amount do not necessarily buy the car later.

Mod Note: BHPian yajaman99's MG ZS EV Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2020 at 11:56. Reason: Adding link to review
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks