Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2019, 11:59   #196
BHPian

Booked one by paying 21k at Bafna motors, Pune. Tentative launch date is 5 Feb.
pseudo_coder is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 13:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Booked one by paying 21k at Bafna motors, Pune. Tentative launch date is 5 Feb.
Same here, booked mine with Key Motors as it is the closest one to my residence.
My booking was one of the first in Bangalore.
I was informed that the launch date is 16th Jan with a target to deliver the first 50 Nexon EVs by end of Jan.
Not sure which info is closer to truth.
speedmiester is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 14:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I was informed that the launch date is 16th Jan with a target to deliver the first 50 Nexon EVs by end of Jan.
Not sure which info is closer to truth.
May your info be true. The sales guy told me that Jan launch is for Altroz. Also said that their training hasn't started yet.

I want to be the first to take the delivery in Pune.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 15:19   #199
BHPian

Wanted to book one but had to put it on hold...another ahem ...addition happening at the wrong time

Hopefully by May 2020!
TBH this perfectly fits the bill of a city user with short weekend trips also (Pune - Lonavala types) or even Mumbai ( availability of public charging).

Use a Zoom or Revv for longer drives!
torquecurve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 16:26   #200
BHPian

Even my next car would be an EV, have been holding onto my i20 which is 6 years 75k old but still runs as good as new, resisted buying MG - KIA and other temptations that came across, recently was getting a fully loaded Renault Captur for around 9.8L on road, which was approx 3.5lacs discount, tempting but still keeping my nerve.

EVs Market is still nascent, with few scattered and limited options, once again I believe a game changer model is in the works which would be practical and cost effective.

Maruti is working on Wagon R electric due next year and my guess is pricing will surely be very practical and if news are to be believed around 8lacs, and if this is true than we can see all rushing to match the features and price and the market dynamics changing shortly. There is also Mahindra working keenly on many electric vehicles, then there is Tata tigor already which may see a big leap soon and its sub 10 lacs. I am sure Hyundai Kia will have something to line up shortly.

We will see a lot of action here in coming two years and with new models and technology the market will only heat up offering more choices.
A year or two let the EV market settle and I am sure the technology and market both will be ripe to buy you next car.

Last edited by xway : 21st December 2019 at 16:48. Reason: another ev car to add here
Old 21st December 2019, 17:55   #201
BHPian

The figures sound perfect. Eagerly awaiting the price announcement.
My rants about Tata Nexon are the absence of ESC, TCS which would prevent an accident from happening in the first place and not giving 6 or 7 airbags atleast in top variant.

The body is 5 star rated and well built, agreed, but it would be better if an accident is prevented in the first place with active safety systems.
Child safety (rear occupant) is 3 star which would have increased to 4 star if rear airbags were given.

While the world around us is moving towards advanced active safety systems like Autonomous Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Cross Traffic Alert etc, we are still not getting Electronic Stability Control, Traction control system on even Rs.15 lakh+ cars (with only a very few exceptions).

Last edited by Arwin07 : 21st December 2019 at 17:56.
Arwin07 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 21:17   #202
BHPian

It was nice to hear from our chauffeur that we should wait till 2020 to replace our 5 years old Xcent, and buy an EV! Good that all walks of society are informed and confident on new technology. We are waiting for the Altroz EV.
I personally agree with Tata on the 200-250 km range being sufficient. Most private users in our family take long trips maybe only once or twice a year. Even 100 km range would be sufficient haha.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - yo = year old.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd December 2019 at 09:04. Reason: Mod note attached.
slango97 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 22:55   #203
BANNED

Found an interesting comparison of Nexon vs Evoque top views:

Name:  nexon vs evoque top views.png
Views: 6158
Size:  287.2 KB
*Image sourced from MB's comment section

There are striking similarities but still both the cars differ a lot!
wheelguy is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:45   #204
BHPian

Love It!

I'm rooting for Tata on this one. Has all the ingredients for an excellent daily runabout. Hope the targeted market laps it up. The best part is that the EV is based on a already successful product.

In a way the Tata Nexon now has three drivetrains. Pick what you need.

Similarities between the Official Kona Review and Nexon EV

• Green image & zero tailpipe emissions appeal to the environmentally conscious.
• Kona 0-100 km/h @ 9.7 sec and Nexon EV @ 9.9s
• Regenerative braking
• Real-world range of 260-300 km
• Incredibly low running costs & cheaper long-term maintenance (as is the case with all EVs)
• Sunroof
• 8-year battery warranty
• Cabin Space will be more or less comparable.
• Nexon has bigger boot space (350L)

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd December 2019 at 09:06. Reason: Back to back posts.
nasa_hubble is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 17:34   #205
BHPian

Tata is consistently making really good looking products. The facelift adds a rough , strong feel vs the humanity line in the current ICE Nexon. I would swap my Nexon for this look .

Also for the first time i am hearing an EV being priced sensibly. Not cheap mind you, just sensible. The E2O at 8+ lakhs on road did not make any sense when you could have much bigger petrol cars. The kona at 25+ lakhs is serious money, this is too close to the luxury heavy weights like superb/ crysta. And that too for a car that looks like the i20 Active. The Nexon EV on the other hand is strikingly close to its top end diesel version of if this a second car, it makes a very compelling case for itself. Way to go Tata

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2019 at 10:28. Reason: Removing special characters from the post.
charanreddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 18:54   #206
BHPian

I suddenly remembered that nexon has soft seats, and if same is the case with the EV, I may cancel my booking. Can't take chances with the lower back!
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:52   #207
BHPian

So far, the Nexon EV looks to be a good proposition, assuming Tata follows their traditional, aggresive strategy in pricing as well. The range of approx. 300 KM is fine in my opinion, since we are far away from having a proper country wide charging infrastructure, and long distance driving on EVs will be close to impossible till then. What this depicts is a push start towards a move that's really difficult to gather steam in a country where even today, continuous electricity supply in our homes is still a hope rather than reality. For an initial proper attempt, I see this as an excellent proposition and there will be takers, atleast in the metro cities.
Fury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:51   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I suddenly remembered that nexon has soft seats, and if same is the case with the EV, I may cancel my booking. Can't take chances with the lower back!
That's an easy fix. I bought these seat-covers from them before delivery. Seat doesn't feel soft at all now and is exactly how I like it.
Without the seat-covers though, yes, pretty soft.

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-seat-covers.jpg
driveanddrive is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:06   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Found an interesting comparison of Nexon vs Evoque top views:
Yep, it was always known that the Nexon was inspired from the Evoque in design. The facelift makes the bonnet area even more similar after removing the popping turn indicators. Nice image spot.
However, we have to keep in mind that a lot of cars in these segments would look strikingly similar in a top view. There are little details to actually differentiate in this angle.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:08   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
That's an easy fix. I bought these seat-covers from them before delivery. Seat doesn't feel soft at all now and is exactly how I like it.
Without the seat-covers though, yes, pretty soft.
Thank you so much! Hope I don't find any other deal breaker now.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed