Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:39   #631
BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Would fortum charge and drive work with nexon EV?
https://www.fortum.in/media/2019/11/...ation-gurugram

The press release mentions it is "Public Charging Network". Also the charger comes with both CCS & CHAdeMO connectors. Hence it should be possible.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:48   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I am planning to go through LeasePlan to lease the car from company and went ahead with the booking slot to get the car at the earliest. I was told it will refunded back to me once the booking switches to LeasePlan.
Please let us know once you purchase. Interested to know the actual cost on Lease and how it works out including insurance and other things. Please spill the beans on hidden items, if any. Are you taking the lease on Individual name or in company name?
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:47   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
https://www.fortum.in/media/2019/11/...ation-gurugram

The press release mentions it is "Public Charging Network". Also the charger comes with both CCS & CHAdeMO connectors. Hence it should be possible.
Ya Fortum app shows CCS2 and Chademo fast charging ports at MG showroom across India but not sure if it's open for other brand owners
Old 3rd February 2020, 11:30   #634
BHPian

Quote:
I went and had a test drive at Prerana motors, rajajinagar. Since, am used to riding an ather, wasn't started at the start of the car as I was initially in Ather, started in drive mode and then switch to sports. The acceleration from 20 to 80 is just awesome, couldn't go beyond it in the city due to traffic. The noise level was lesser than what i had observed in Kona test drive. The back seat are comfortable to sit and don't have that raised position which was present in Kona, AC was great as can be expected in recent TATA cars.
I am planning to go through LeasePlan to lease the car from company and went ahead with the booking slot to get the car at the earliest. I was told it will refunded back to me once the booking switches to LeasePlan.
When I went there on Friday, they did not have neither the people to talk to nor a TD car. So came back.

One question on the lease - if the car is leased and not in your name(bought through company lease I suppose) will the tax benefit on the interest paid is applicable ? or should it be in our name ?
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:22   #635
BHPian

I see that all EVs will get a white on GREEN color number plates. It looks hideous. Couldn't they think of a better way?

Perhaps even Green on White would have been better than this. the overbearing green patch is an eye sore. Can't they restrict such backgrounds to only taxis?
hkollar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:34   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I see that all EVs will get a white on GREEN color number plates. It looks hideous. Couldn't they think of a better way?

Perhaps even Green on White would have been better than this. the overbearing green patch is an eye sore. Can't they restrict such backgrounds to only taxis?
I don't know if the government will change colours to suit everyone's personal colour tastes. They probably choose combinations which make the number visibility the most.

Why would you inflict these "eye sores" to the taxi drivers. They are human too.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:40   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I don't know if the government will change colours to suit everyone's personal colour tastes. They probably choose combinations which make the number visibility the most.

Why would you inflict these "eye sores" to the taxi drivers. They are human too.
Separating taxis (Yellow boards) from regular vehicles serves a purpose because they are registered as commercial.

How does it help to separate a private electric vehicle?

If fuel used is the criteria then should we have seperate colored boards for Diesel, Petrol, LPG or Electric?

Not the question of my personal taste, it is a question of not standing out when I buy a electric. My E2O has the same board as any regular car, now all of a sudden why change that? Logic?
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:52   #638
Senior - BHPian

This would have made better sense if govt has given toll fee waivers for EVs, now there is no advantage identifying EVs separately. And I think selecting green color is just to indicate green vehicle no other reason.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 13:31   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
Not the question of my personal taste, it is a question of not standing out when I buy a electric. My E2O has the same board as any regular car, now all of a sudden why change that? Logic?
I don't know the real reason behind the implementation of green license plates. However, I can see some cases where it might help:
  • It helps recognize EVs. So, during a routine check for documents the police officers will not ask for PUC certificate, nor will the owners have to prove that the car is an EV.
  • The government can plan incentives like lower tolls for EVs

Related to this topic, does anyone know if there is any difference in license plates for private EVs and taxis.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 14:14   #640
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
When I went there on Friday, they did not have neither the people to talk to nor a TD car. So came back.

One question on the lease - if the car is leased and not in your name(bought through company lease I suppose) will the tax benefit on the interest paid is applicable ? or should it be in our name ?
On Saturday, they couldn't get the car to fast charge on the fast charger they had, so had to do it on sunday.

your EMI for car lease is entirely tax deducted, i am in 30% bracket and i am saving hugely on that. the 80EEB (?) deduction is limited to total of 2.5L for first two years, 1.5L for first and then 1L for next, to achieve that you have to pay high EMI for the saving 80k in tax. However, in Lease, i am saving way over.

I got a lease quotation, which works out 43.8k per month and buy back is pegged at 5.22L, which brings the TCO for 3 years to 14.78L (includes tax savings of 4.73L)
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:06   #641
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
[*]The government can plan incentives like lower tolls for EVs [/list]

Why should EVS get any concession? EVs are another means of propulsion that also uses fossil fuels at the power generation end (80% fossil fuel). I think the process of moving to EVs, the infra required for manufacture as well as upgrading power distribution will incur a lot of carbon emissions as is, would it all be worth it?

An EV powered by renewable fuel \ solar etc would be nice , but solar panels are very energy intensive to produce and is expensive in the first place.
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:49   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Why should EVS get any concession? EVs are another means of propulsion that also uses fossil fuels at the power generation end (80% fossil fuel). I think the process of moving to EVs, the infra required for manufacture as well as upgrading power distribution will incur a lot of carbon emissions as is, would it all be worth it?

An EV powered by renewable fuel \ solar etc would be nice , but solar panels are very energy intensive to produce and is expensive in the first place.

I can think of the following reasons why EVs have lower carbon footprint:
  • Zero tailpipe emissions
  • The share of renewable sources of power generation is steadily increasing.
  • Even compounded emissions are lesser for EVs.
  • Electric motors are far more efficient compared to fossil fuel powered engines.
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:50   #643
BHPian

Quote:
which brings the TCO for 3 years to 14.78L (includes tax savings of 4.73L)
The numbers don't seem to add up

Could you please share the working/elaborate on the same
Old 3rd February 2020, 16:30   #644
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
The numbers don't seem to add up

Could you please share the working/elaborate on the same
it's 15.77L for 3 years in EMI and then 3.74L to buy it back after 3 years, for 15.77L, it's 30% tax deduction, which makes it 11.03L, you then add 3.74L, which comes to 14.77L.

Quote:
Why should EVS get any concession? EVs are another means of propulsion that also uses fossil fuels at the power generation end (80% fossil fuel)
In Karnataka, renewables account for 60% energy.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 17:23   #645
BANNED

Quote:
I got a lease quotation, which works out 43.8k per month and buy back is pegged at 5.22L, which brings the TCO for 3 years to 14.78L (includes tax savings of 4.73L)
Quote:
it's 15.77L for 3 years in EMI and then 3.74L to buy it back after 3 years, for 15.77L, it's 30% tax deduction, which makes it 11.03L, you then add 3.74L, which comes to 14.77L.

Which means:

1. You are paying 15.77 lakh over three years @ 43.8 thousand per month.

2. Saving around 4.73 lakh in three years on taxes. Actually paid 11.03 lakh (15.77-4.73).

3. At the end of three years, if you want to return the car you will get 5.22 lakh from them? or if you want to keep the car you will have to pay 3.74 lakh ?

4. So at the end, you are paying 14.77 lakh(11.03+3.74) in total over three years to keep the car.

If you don't mind, what is the variant you chose?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks