Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 14:35   #841
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

I managed to install the zconnect app, and registered my vehicle based on the chassis number. My car is yet to be delivered, and mostly will be on 24 or 25th, but here's a sneap peek from the app.

The vehicle is at the godown of Prerana motors (i presume). Based on the driver profile rating, i am expected to get only 148km for full charge
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200319-10.19.47.jpeg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200319-14.31.11-1.jpeg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200319-14.31.11.jpeg  

DarthVeda is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 14:46   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I . Based on the driver profile rating, i am expected to get only 148km for full charge
After getting manufactured the car gets tested on the factory test track, and this test is done on extreme conditions, maybe this rating is based on that driving behaviour.
Old 19th March 2020, 15:52   #843
BHPian

Quote:
I managed to install the zconnect app, and registered my vehicle based on the chassis number. My car is yet to be delivered, and mostly will be on 24 or 25th, but here's a sneap peek from the app.

The vehicle is at the godown of Prerana motors (i presume). Based on the driver profile rating, i am expected to get only 148km for full charge

Nice idea. Have to see if my dealer is ready to share my car's chassis number.
Old 19th March 2020, 16:04   #844
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you are a Star wars fan but towards the dark side I guess .

How long did you have to wait between booking and allotment? I really wanted to buy this car but i was put off by the company's and dealer's flip flops regarding warranty and delivery period.
Old 19th March 2020, 17:51   #845
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you are a Star wars fan but towards the dark side I guess .

How long did you have to wait between booking and allotment? I really wanted to buy this car but i was put off by the company's and dealer's flip flops regarding warranty and delivery period.
the dark side is the fun side

I booked the vehicle on 2nd Feb and went through car lease policy, utilized this booking, delivery is scheduled for next week. With the corona virus looming around, i am not in a hurry to get it either
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 00:08   #846
Senior - BHPian

So after taking delivery on 6th March (Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs), Tata still hasn't given the User Manuals for the car. And neither has the connected features been activated (We tried the zconnect app like @DarthVeda but no go).

But out of the blue, the dealership sent this as a document today -

Quote:
Nexon EV – DOs & DON’Ts
  • Do not allow the vehicle to be discharged to 0% in storage.
  • It is recommended that the vehicle must be charged to a charge level in between 30% to 50% before leaving the vehicle for long time storage. It is also recommended to remove the negative terminal of 12 V battery. After this time period the vehicle must be charged to 100% using Normal Charging before use
  • Do not direct high pressure washer fluid/ water jets (Pressure above 0.5 bar) at electrical devices and connecter during washing. This is to prevent malfunction/failure of electrical system due to water ingress. No High pressure washing in in Engine compartment, Under-floor battery pack and CCS Charging port.
  • Drive though calm water only and only if it is not deeper than 300mm and at this depth, the vehicle speed to be maintained at creep speed
  • If car gets completely or partially submerged in water, switch off the ignition, evacuate the car and call RSA (Roadside Assistance) at 18002097979 for assistance
  • For optimum driving range use drive/eco mode and maintain the recommended tyre pressure.
  • As EV service requires certain skillsets and trained manpower, it is always recommended to get the car serviced or repaired at only TML authorized EV workshop.
  • Always check the SOC level before start of journey & ensure car is adequately charged. You may check the SOC level on the mobile app also.
  • Remote AC command not be executed through mobile app while/during the charge initiation process.
EV charging
  • Do not use a damaged charging station, plug point or charging port. Using the charger with a worn or damaged port may result in unanticipated consequences.
  • Ensure that the charging gun is always stored in a safe place. Do no expose it to rain or wet conditions. Avoid pouring or dripping water or other liquids over it.
  • Charging should be done in Vehicle OFF state.
  • Battery performance and durability can deteriorate if the fast charger is used constantly. Use of Fast Charging should be minimized in order to help prolong high voltage battery life.
  • After a maximum of four continuous fast charging cycles, it is recommended to use Normal/slow Charging and charge the car to 100% State of Charge for optimum performance of high voltage battery pack.
  • If the charging gun is removed, reinsertion should be done after at least 10 seconds of removal of the charging gun.
  • Once Normal/Fast charging is completed, 90 seconds of time gap is required before the vehicle can be started.
  • Overcurrent and leakage current protections are given in the home charging box and charging gun.
  • The RCBO should always be in ON state during normal charging use-case and there should be no error (Red) LEDs on the charging gun. In case any tripping of RCBO is observed or error LEDs start blinking on the Charging gun, please contact TML authorized EV workshop.
  • Home charging box comes with a key and lock. It is recommended to lock the box during overnight charge or when the charging box is not in use to avoid misuse of the charging point.
  • Do not disengage/play around with the Park brake/hand brake while vehicle in fast charging condition
.**For more details and information, please refer the owner manual
On the usage front, the car is giving about 200 KM in peak city traffic conditions with AC on all the time. The best projected range so far is about 285 KM when drive sedately and without AC.
ph03n!x is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 07:57   #847
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
And neither has the connected features been activated (We tried the zconnect app like @DarthVeda but no go).
I don't even have the car, i took the chassis number from insurance doc and registered with that. For that chassis number, my phone was tied, and I got an OTP and completed the registration. PM me if you need any help.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 09:27   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
On the usage front, the car is giving about 200 KM in peak city traffic conditions with AC on all the time. The best projected range so far is about 285 KM when drive sedately and without AC.
200km worst & 285km best range for the extreme conditions seems to be a reasonable range to expect.
Wondering why they have not mentioned about towing restrictions in case of breakdown in the Do's and Don'ts.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 10:06   #849
BHPian

I got the car allotted yesterday. Lux variant

The dealer is asking to pay the money but now I am worried if RTO etc shuts down for a month in Mumbai due to Coronavirus?

How many days it generally takes after allotment? They have not even installed the charger etc but dealer is assuring me that it will be soon installed

Last edited by bornnerd : 20th March 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Added location
Old 20th March 2020, 10:09   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post

The dealer is asking to pay the money but now I am worried if RTO etc shuts down for a month in Mumbai due to Coronavirus?

How many days it generally takes after allotment? They have not even installed the charger etc but dealer is assuring me that it will be soon installed
I would suggest you don't make the payment right now. There is a high probability that the RTOs will be shut and you might end up with an unregistered car if not one that isn't delivered.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:31   #851
BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer in Mumbai did you book the car from? I have been told no Lux has been allotted to Mumbai yet.. Also from when was your booking..
Old 20th March 2020, 14:50   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Which dealer in Mumbai did you book the car from? I have been told no Lux has been allotted to Mumbai yet.. Also from when was your booking..
Borivali East, Wasan Motors

Booking on Jan 9th

Anyways, with lockdown now announced, Not planning to pay until situation comes back to Normal. Pretty sure RTO will close down from tomorrow.
Old 20th March 2020, 15:10   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Borivali East, Wasan Motors

Booking on Jan 9th

Anyways, with lockdown now announced, Not planning to pay until situation comes back to Normal. Pretty sure RTO will close down from tomorrow.
Ah, which colour is yours?
Old 20th March 2020, 15:27   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Ah, which colour is yours?
Teal Blue

I had already paid 1L as down-payment. I guess, will have to wait now till 1st April and hopefully things move back to normalcy by then.
Old 23rd March 2020, 17:37   #855
BANNED

I got a call from Prerana and Tata Power, eveything is postponed to April till further notice. I can understand that decision given what we are going through, car delivery seems trivial given the some circumstances.
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed