Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2019, 17:14   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
PS is the 300 km range from ARAI or is it real world?
Thye've mentioned this 300+ kms range in the spec sheet as (Internal testing data). I'd assume real world will be 200-250kms. They stressed that although they can give us 600-700kms of range, we really won’t "Need" it. They said that all that we would need is 200kms of range. So I assume that it'll deliver 200kms at least in real world scenario.
hemanth.anand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 17:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Received these images on WhatsApp. The car looks stunning.
Quote:
Interesting pricing. This should make the Nexon India's most value-for-money EV. Looks stunning as well! Really can't find fault except the fact that it doesn't get side airbags.

PS is the 300 km range from ARAI or is it real world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Thye've mentioned this 300+ kms range in the spec sheet as (Internal testing data). I'd assume real world will be 200-250kms. They stressed that although they can give us 600-700kms of range, we really won’t "Need" it. They said that all that we would need is 200kms of range. So I assume that it'll deliver 200kms at least in real world scenario.
If you look at the image of the console from tushky's post (4th image from the top), we can see that there is a battery indicator with 50% charge left and just below is an image with a range left showing 150KMs.

However, it may well be case that the images were carefully edited to ensure compliance to the internal testing range else someone was bound to pick this up somewhere.

Last edited by racer_ash : 19th December 2019 at 17:21. Reason: added image info
racer_ash is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 17:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

However, it may well be case that the images were carefully edited to ensure compliance to the internal testing range else someone was bound to pick this up somewhere.

Mostly carefully edited. Because I can see MY CITY FM there. And we dont have MY CITY FM 98.8 Anywhere in the country

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd December 2019 at 00:39. Reason: Fixed typos.
tushky is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:05   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Mostly carefully edited. Because i can My city fm there. And we dont have MY CITY FM 98.8 Anywhere in the country
You

+ All the warning lights on with speedo @20 kmph.
Latheesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:15   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
With the pricing, the Nexon EV seems like a really good proposition honestly.
Quote:
Interesting pricing. This should make the Nexon India's most value-for-money EV. Looks stunning as well! Really can't find fault except the fact that it doesn't get side airbags.
I don't see any pricing mentioned anywhere, only rumors, what are you guyz basing your opinion on?

I would prefer the eZs from MG if the difference in pricing is around 3 lakhs, lots of additional goodies for a few lakhs more along with hopefully a 50% bump in range

I will definitely be opting for a feasibility study, once both these ev cars are launched

Last edited by sandhyab : 19th December 2019 at 18:16.
sandhyab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:23   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
I don't see any pricing mentioned anywhere, only rumors, what are you guyz basing your opinion on?

I would prefer the eZs from MG if the difference in pricing is around 3 lakhs, lots of additional goodies for a few lakhs more along with hopefully a 50% bump in range

I will definitely be opting for a feasibility study, once both these ev cars are launched
Nop. In the UK, it gives about 263 km on a single charge though it is on a WLTP cycle which mimics the real world more. Anyway, the eZS is more of a rival to the Kona than the Nexon. Also, the eZS is faster but 9.9 seconds to 100 kmph isn't bad! Infact, I think it quicker than any other vehicle below 17 lakhs (please correct me if I'm wrong here)!
dragracer567 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:07   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

The things that caught my attention -
  1. The car has full under bonnet protection identical to the diesel powered one!
  2. The ICE Nexon's gear stick hole is plugged in the most unimaginative way. They could have made a much better storage together with the front storage area. Ready made space for wireless charging.
  3. The charging point is placed in the usual fuel filler cap. Cost saving I understand, but having a charging socket on 1 side makes it very inconvenient since the car needs to be parked for hours for charging at home. It would have been far more convenient at the back. A good friend suggested under the T logo with a flip fold. Would have been better here indeed.
  4. And this takes the cake - the car is brand new. All new rear bumper. And it has a dummy cap for a rear fog lamp? The center console doesn't have button for rear fog light. Then why on earth launch a car with a dummy? Simply don't have a place there & make a simpler bumper bottom!
  5. Weird still - the Altroz does have a rear fog light at launch.

These guys really get on nerves some times.
The unveil event was better and more exciting than the Altroz however it wasn't smooth. People stumbled and stuttered a lot in their presentations. Even forgot whole segments while talking! I mean come on. It doesn't take too much to do your homework & say a few lines confidently. For god's sake people.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th December 2019 at 19:16.
Reinhard is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:25   #158
Senior - BHPian

So I was at the unveiling of the Nexon EV. It looks quite stunning to say the least, especially that Electric Teal paint shade. Prices are expected to be between 15 to 17 lakh ex showroom. It will be interesting to see if it gets tax benefits. 129 PS and 245 Nm of torque from the electric motor and 80 percent charge in an hour. 2 variants : XM, XZ+ and XZ+ Lux

I was told the Nexon EV will be offered in 3 exterior colours. Im hoping the other two are funky.

I shot a walk around video at the event. Here it is

Dippy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:39   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I was told the Nexon EV will be offered in 3 exterior colours. Im hoping the other two are funky.
I have heard from a couple of places that the other two are white and silver! I hope all my sources are proven wrong. If true - I'd rather they launch it with just this blue.
A nice 245Nm torque from standstill. The car is going to be a rocket to drive. Thanks for the video!

Is it only me or the grille and face now looks like an offspring of the Brezza & WR-V?

And the rear quarter with white roof, black C pillar & roof rails looks remarkably like the i20 Active!

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th December 2019 at 19:55.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:39   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The car has full under bonnet protection identical to the diesel powered one!
the EV while can get irritating at times...this protection can help make the cabin a wee bit silent

Quote:
The ICE Nexon's gear stick hole is plugged in the most unimaginative way[/u]. They could have made a much better storage together with the front storage area. Ready made space for wireless charging.
true...a Qi charging pad is so easy to integrate in that space. Thisnis definitely for part sharing between ICEV and BEV, but they should've made this part different.

Quote:
The charging point is placed in the usual fuel filler cap. Cost saving I understand, but having a charging socket on 1 side makes it very inconvenient since the car needs to be parked for hours for charging at home. It would have been far more convenient at the back. A good friend suggested under the T logo with a flip fold. Would have been better here indeed.
From my experience with E20+ it's not inconvenient with a charger on one side. Wires would be sufficiently long I'm sure.
240kms/hr for fast charging and 22.5kms/hr for slow home charging is a huge difference. I hope they have made one and give an option for the user to upgrade or buy a fast portable charger.
Quote:
And this takes the cake - the car is brand new. All new rear bumper. And it has a dummy cap for a rear fog lamp? The center console doesn't have button for rear fog light. Then why on earth launch a car with a dummy? Simply don't have a place there & make a simpler bumper bottom!
Weird still - the Altroz does have a rear fog light at launch.

These guys really get on nerves some times.
eagle eyes
Probably they'll make it an accessory.

Quote:
The unveil event was better and more exciting than the Altroz however it wasn't smooth. People stumbled and stuttered a lot in their presentations. Even forgot whole segments while talking! I mean come on. It doesn't take too much to do your homework & say a few lines confidently. For god's sake people.
Yes my colleague had this same comment to make.
He told "why can't they get a better presenter?"
I told "Many a times designation is given more importance than presentation skills"
He told "yes but brand and company should be even more important than designations"
We both agreed that probably an external presenter can be hired like how many cricket show anchors (who may not have played the game at all) are far better at that role than former players.
hemanth.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:48   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I have heard from a couple of places that the other two are white and silver! I hope all my sources are proven wrong. If true - I'd rather they launch it with just this blue.
A nice 245Nm torque from standstill. The car is going to be a rocket to drive. Thanks for the video!

Is it only me or the grille and face now looks like an offspring of the Brezza & WR-V?
Well the Tata Motors team was specific that they wanted to break away from white as an EV colour, so Im guessing there will be no white Nexon EV
Dippy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:50   #162
Vmv
BHPian

Car looks stunning from all angles.
Well done TATA

Image Source : Autocar , IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tatanexonevexteriors291b1.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tatanexonevinteriors1f98c.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tatanexonevexteriors1fa2a.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-imageresizer.jpeg  

Vmv is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:53   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Did anyone mention about the lighting? The fog lights were surely halogens when the car came out. What about the 2 main barrels in headlamps? Still the same boring H7 halogens? On an EV it would be a perfect opportunity to shift to good LED lighting out of box. Would help the battery too!
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 19:59   #164
BHPian

Boy does the facelift/EV Nexon look so damn nice and mature!

If there's anything Tata hasn't disappointed with, then it's design. Ever since the Hexa, they're on a roll ( I have reservations about the rear quarter of the Gravitas)

Price it properly Tata. Make your name & earn it in the EV space. Consider this a fresh start. Don't try to pull a typical Honda stunt.
TROOPER is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 20:18   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yes my colleague had this same comment to make.
He told "why can't they get a better presenter?"
I told "Many a times designation is given more importance than presentation skills"
He told "yes but brand and company should be even more important than designations"
We both agreed that probably an external presenter can be hired like how many cricket show anchors (who may not have played the game at all) are far better at that role than former players.
Felt the same, they should either hire a good presenter or up their presentation skills. Their presentations are anything but good. And even the way they manage their new car launches is one of the worst in the industry. The days of start it and then improve it are gone, now you Tata need to impress from the day one.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks