Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2020, 17:18   #271
BHPian

re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Yes, I too just got a call from Tata Motors. Very tempted to pre-book Nexon. I have already pre-booked MG ZS.

How easy it is to get refund back if i don't go ahead eventually after test drive?
It is a very straight forward process

All bookings are fully refundable
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 19:46   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuwire View Post
Hi, any idea what are the added benefits? I am thinking of booking it this week. How sure are we about the 19th January launch date?
I got a call directly from the marketing team

They mentioned a state subsidy for purchases in Maharashtra and some added benefits from their side which will be disclosed at the time of the launch
Zappex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 21:09   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I got a call directly from the marketing team

They mentioned a state subsidy for purchases in Maharashtra and some added benefits from their side which will be disclosed at the time of the launch
I saw this on the official website

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-maharashtra.jpg

Source
Furebo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 21:41   #274
BHPian

The subsidy would help in getting the price down by quite a bit

I found this online and it seems to be in line with what their team was talking about

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-official-website.jpg

Source

Last edited by Zappex : 7th January 2020 at 21:44.
Zappex is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 22:13   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
The subsidy would help in getting the price down by quite a bit
Thanks for sharing this. Even MG told me something like this similar on phone so now it’s more clearer on what they were talking about

Also don’t forget if you are taking a car loan, Tax deduction upto 1.5 lakh can be claimed on interest paid under section 80EEG

All in all, for Mumbai users like us, EV looks like a very tempting option with all benefits we get.
Old 9th January 2020, 01:32   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

From an anonymous source - the ad shoot at Lavasa, Pune.

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tata1.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tata2.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tata3.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tata4.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-tata5.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 9th January 2020 at 14:13. Reason: Adding watermarks
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 09:18   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The shoot is done an ad agency. Not by Tata Motors. Tata will/can not control what vehicles the agencies use.

So where is the irony ?
I completely understand that, just pointed it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Looks like a Benz SUV to me. Please check. Shoot cars in general are expected to be sturdy ones for minimal jerk.
I was talking about the third picture

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th January 2020 at 09:26. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts
Zappex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 15:27   #278
BHPian

Just got back from the test drive of the MG

Very disappointed by the sales team, very limited knowledge. No idea about the features!

They were very shrewd and behaved like they were doing me a favour, only allowed me to take the car for a short spin.

This was in stark contrast to Tata Motors where the executives were eager and interested. They seems to be well trained and responded to my queries. Looking forward to driving the Nexon EV.

MG seemed good but the handling was a bit off. Also rear space is better than Kona but very limited. Suspension was more supple than the Kona. I believe Nexon will ace it in this department.
Furebo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:01   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Just got back from the test drive of the MG

Very disappointed by the sales team, very limited knowledge. No idea about the features!

They were very shrewd and behaved like they were doing me a favour, only allowed me to take the car for a short spin.

This was in stark contrast to Tata Motors where the executives were eager and interested. They seems to be well trained and responded to my queries. Looking forward to driving the Nexon EV.

MG seemed good but the handling was a bit off. Also rear space is better than Kona but very limited. Suspension was more supple than the Kona. I believe Nexon will ace it in this department.
MG will trump the Nexon on snob value, battery range and also probably on interiors. However I would buy the Nexon any day.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:18   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
MG will trump the Nexon on snob value, battery range and also probably on interiors. However I would buy the Nexon any day.
Agree, but price is going to be a crucial factor too. Anything around 15L is going to be an good deal for Nexon.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:25   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

If the Nexon EV actually becomes available around 15L, it would really be a big announcement of EV arrival in mainstream. The top trim diesel Nexon BSIV retails around 12L OTR. A BSVI face lift one would be even higher.

Just about 3 L for a full fledged EV! That would be unbelievable becoming reality overnight.
Old 9th January 2020, 16:38   #282
BHPian

From the images it appears that the battery unit is projecting out too much from underneath. Hope Tata would have looked into it otherwise ground clearance may be a bit lower.
Also good to see is that the charging slot is at its usual location where fuel filling slot is for the ICE cars. This is convenient in terms of usage and easy to adapt.
Old 9th January 2020, 16:41   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If the Nexon EV actually becomes available around 15L, it would really be a big announcement of EV arrival in mainstream. The top trim diesel Nexon BSIV retails around 12L OTR. A BSVI face lift one would be even higher.

Just about 3 L for a full fledged EV! That would be unbelievable becoming reality overnight.
It is much closer than that. Top trim diesel + automatic retails for 13+ lakhs on road. In a few states like Karnataka, its almost 14 lakhs on road due to high road taxes. BSVI prices are increased by Rs ~40,000 for top trim models and will result in Rs 50,000 increase in OTR price.

Of course, we need to take into account of insurance prices of Nexon EV as well. But as many states are waiving off-road taxes for EVs, Nexon EV will just cost ~2 lakhs more than top end diesel automatic. Also, transmission of EV will be much better than AMT.
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 16:45   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Of course, we need to take into account of insurance prices of Nexon EV as well. But as many states are waiving off-road taxes for EVs, Nexon EV will just cost ~2 lakhs more than top end diesel automatic. Also, transmission of EV will be much better than AMT.
Daeym, your post reminded me that my son or any future generations would not exactly understand what I'm saying when I tell them stories of how I quickly upshifted to have a quick escape on a steep turning road around a fast bus...

Was focused on the impending death of ICEs. Totally ignored the fact that the fun part of driving - gear shifts is dying too.
Sorry
Old 9th January 2020, 16:49   #285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
Also good to see is that the charging slot is at its usual location where fuel filling slot is for the ICE cars. This is convenient in terms of usage and easy to adapt.
Not just convenient but also thoughtful and safer than frontal placement. In case of ZS EV and Kona EV even a moderate impact frontal crash can render the charging slot useless. Also one had to bend a bit to insert the charging gun into the slot in case of ZS EV which is not ergonomic.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed