Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 16:15   #436
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata builds a Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
I am curious to know about those who booked MG ZS EV and are reading this post. Are you guys still going ahead with MG after the killer price by Tata? Please let us know.
So I had pre-booked both MG ZS EV and Tata Nexon EV.

After Tata Nexon EV price launch, It feels like a no-brainer. Yes, I absolutely love the panoramic sun-roof and more power MG offers but its not worth the additional 6.5 Lakh (16 lakh for Tata nexon Top variant vs 22.5 Lakh for MG Top Variant) or atleast trying to self-talk myself into it

I plan to cancel the pre-booking of MG only after taking Tata nexon EV test drive etc. Also, recent news about MG Hector fire also dented my confidence a bit though about the Brand.

Last edited by bornnerd : 28th January 2020 at 16:33.
bornnerd is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 16:31   #437
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Excellent pricing. The ZS EV will take a hit as far as numbers are concerned. But it'll still get attention due to the connected car tech, the panoramic sunroof and the additional space it offers. What Nexon's pricing has done is blow the Kona off completely and make it a 2 EV party. It really doesn't have anything to offer as compared to the the MG and Tata offerings.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 16:42   #438
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV launched at 13.99L

Don't know why but am excited for this launch and might get one. After reading this thread i went to Nexon EV website and submitted form to register interest. Within a minute got a call-back but sadly it will take time for the car to get here to check it out.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 16:45   #439
BANNED

Tata has priced it at a very good value proposition. I hope they come up with a battery pack which can deliver real world mileage of 250km at a premium. That will be enough for 80% or more customers.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 16:52   #440
BHPian

Hope this year is the one for Tata! If not 2020, it will be a sad sight to see cars like the Altroz, Nexon EV, Harrier facelift and the Gravitas with great pricing and safety record (hopefully ).
Regarding the Nexon EV , Tata has outdone themselves (only with the pricing ) Early to jump in the game , few niggles , great pricing sounds familiar?
advaydh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:05   #441
BHPian

Hoping to see comparisons between the Nexon EV and regular ICE vehicles in the same price range. This is going to be confusing for a while. Usually we choose based on requirements or budget. Will someone looking at a Creta look into the Nexon EV or would this create new buyers?
Hope Tata maintains this offer price long enough to imprint on our minds. They cannot afford to misstep. I have a feeling they were betting big on the Harrier and Gravitas where as it's the Nexon that's pushing the numbers. This has peaked my interest on the Altroz EV.
I have a few querries, pardon me if they seem silly.
What is the procedure for someone living in a housing society to get a charging point for themselves? Just curious, How do we ensure its not misused as a power point by someone else?
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:06   #442
BHPian

Must say its fantastic pricing and strategy by Tata. After the launch of MG Electric vehicle , I was expecting a base price of atleast 15 Lakhs +. The launch price is of shock value and will push a lot of customers to this option. This makes tremendous sense of people that need to do atleast 100+ KMS daily.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:13   #443
BHPian

This is great pricing. The way things are going mass-market EV's at < 10 lakhs will be available within a year or two.
It's quite tempting to hold back my car upgrade plans.
Old 28th January 2020, 17:20   #444
BHPian

Tata pricing is on the expected line they said in the QNA session during the media drives the pricing of Ev would be 25% of top variant of automatic car. Petrol Nexon & Diesel Nexon automatic are priced at
₹ 11,20,000 & ₹ 12,70,000 ex showroom price New Delhi. Nexon Ev XM (base variant) & is priced at ₹ 13.99 lakh which is 25% more than petrol amt top variant and Nexon Ev XZ+ Lux is priced at ₹ 15.99 which is again 25% more than diesel top variant. Pricing is bang on and tempting indeed. Sharing media release a screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-524efb676a55429a8e8481345c1808f1.jpeg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-4d092596db0c434fa46d873e81799594.jpeg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-f2056e44541e45f4af33c4c475011e0f.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 28th January 2020 at 17:50.
XRoader_001 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:29   #445
BHPian

The premium over diesel will feel lesser when you consider the fact that it has much better performance than diesel, 2-3 seconds less for 0-100 is big deal (The Seltos GT Line commands a premium over regular one so why not for this) and is a smooth automatic which works much better than the AMT or even a CVT or torque converter.

People with cities with nil road tax on EVs benefit the most. Can someone list those?
driftagain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:38   #446
BHPian

Seems to be a very good proposition. Can`t wait to see the official Team BHP review and real world range. Even a real world range of 250Km with city and highway mix would make it a real value buy, I feel. Wonder how much of the parts are Made in India and if a full Made in India vehicle would further reduce prices.
sajaijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:42   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I don't believe it will be such a good idea to run this on the highway. EVs at the current moment are great for replacing city commuting. The range will rapidly reduce if driven on highway continuosly at high speeds, as for EV, higher speed means more energy.
Have done Pune-Mumbai-Pune in my kona on a single charge multiple times now. Highway driving is not a problem for EVs. Actually they are so much better than ICE cars on highways as they reduce the workload a lot. Of course it hits someone like me who shifted from manual a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
Yes. MG ZS is bigger and better than Nexon EV. It not only sets road on fire with 8.5 seconds for 0 to 100 but also sets itself on fire.
I am curious to know about those who booked MG ZS EV and are reading this post. Are you guys still going ahead with MG after the killer price by Tata? Please let us know.
eZs has a 14kWH more battery than nexon and a bigger motor so that explains the increased price. But it does not explain the similar range numbers for both cars. The weight is comparable(I think nexon is lighter by 80kgs), and motor type is PMSM for both, so where is MG sucking up all the energy?

Last edited by mohanphadnis : 28th January 2020 at 17:45. Reason: Adding context to the statement.
mohanphadnis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:46   #448
BHPian

Two months ago, I came across videos of The Tata Nexon EV doing Manali - Leh route in the Himalayas on You Tube. The drive from Manali to Leh has been documented through a video series on YouTube. The videos feature actor Milind Soman and his wife Ankita Konwar driving an electric Tata Nexon up in the Himalayas.

This will rest some doubts on the capabilities of the electric motor of the vehicle.
RahuKetu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 17:58   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
eZs has a 14kWH more battery than nexon and a bigger motor so that explains the increased price. But it does not explain the similar range numbers for both cars. The weight is comparable(I think nexon is lighter by 80kgs), and motor type is PMSM for both, so where is MG sucking up all the energy?
ZS EV has more range (30+ KM as per ARAI) than Nexon EV but its definitely very inefficient compared to both Nexon and Kona EVs. ZS EV uses batteries from CATL which are inferior to LG Chem batteries used in Kona. Not all batteries have the same cutting edge chemistry as most people seem to be assuming.
sri_tesla is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 18:09   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftagain View Post
The premium over diesel will feel lesser when you consider the fact that it has much better performance than diesel, 2-3 seconds less for 0-100 is big deal (The Seltos GT Line commands a premium over regular one so why not for this) and is a smooth automatic which works much better than the AMT or even a CVT or torque converter.

People with cities with nil road tax on EVs benefit the most. Can someone list those?
Karnataka is one. We have Zero road tax. Thus OTR in Karnataka for starting model will be about 14.5Lakhs or so (including insurance, and refundable TCS).

That's the price of Venue DCT Automatic! And cheaper than Top end Nexon Diesel Automatic.
hkollar is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks