Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2020, 12:12   #691
BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The XZ+ Lux variant gets sunroof, leather seats, auto lamps and wipers above XZ+ for the price difference of 1 lakh. While it is not too bad, it definitely does not feel as VFM as what you get for the same lakh between XM+ and XZ+
Very good point there. I had thought the same, but since I'm quite prejudiced against sunroofs (I'm one of those who'd pay extra to not have a sunroof) I felt I should refrain from pointing out due to my quite obvious bias. I'm certainly glad you have listed out the set of features that are on offer for the first 1 lakh and the next 1 lakh!

Anyway, have registered my interest in the subscription plan for the XZ+, let's see what figures they come up with for my 3 years requirement.
Punatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 14:29   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punatic View Post
Anyway, have registered my interest in the subscription plan for the XZ+, let's see what figures they come up with for my 3 years requirement.
I had booked LUX variant, but changed it to XZ+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Spotted the first Nexon EV on road in Bangalore.

The colour looks really great, very posh.

Are you sure it is not a test drive vehicle? I was told they will begin deliveries only after Feb 20th.

Yes, the Teal colour with Electric Blue is a standout and very pleasing to the eye.
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 00:36   #693
BHPian

Had a look at the Nexon EV while checking out the Altroz. And boy was I surprised. The teal colour with the matte blue accents looks amazing. The blue accents in the interiors also look great. Unfortunately this was sitting in one corner outside the showroom. Probably too many new launches and the dealership doesn't expect much demand for the EV. Just hope they don't mess up this great product in marketing and sales.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0021.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0022.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0023.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0024.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0025.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_0032.jpg  

Djay is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 05:51   #694
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I'm sure it was not a TD vehicle because there was this full family in it and no personnel from the showroom. And the covers, initial excitement of the occupants, puja vibhuti, accessories etc pointed to it being owned. I noticed the car from really far as it came towards me, really slow, thanks to the stand out colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
Are you sure it is not a test drive vehicle? I was told they will begin deliveries only after Feb 20th.Yes, the Teal colour with Electric Blue is a standout and very pleasing to the eye.
Old 10th February 2020, 15:14   #695
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, the bane of this good car is the company backing it up. My uncle was in the process of getting this car (booked as well), but cancelled due to the dealership attitude in handling him. He's a pretty tolerant chap and doesn't care about discounts, but they managed to irke him to such an extent that he cancelled it.

He's now going ahead with Glanza V MT. Irony is, both dealerships are run by the same group.

Further more, he was in contention with Ignis, then Baleno, but 0 response from Maruti dealers - this is despite me telling them to take the car to him for TD with a booking form for a confirmed sell. If this is the state of things despite knowing a few sales executives and sales managers in 3 large MSIL dealerships in Mumbai, I will pray for the regular customers.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 19:33   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
I'm very curious to know if you have seen both XZ+ and XZ+ Lux variants in person. Same query for others who are considering the middle variant.
I haven't taken a look at LUX variant, but I was told that the 4 additional things were - Leatherette Seats, Sunroof, Autosensing wiper and headlamp. I didn't really fancy the sunroof, and seat covers can be had separately. In fact, I felt Sunroof may be a chore to maintain clean.
hkollar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 21:28   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Sadly, the bane of this good car is the company backing it up. My uncle was in the process of getting this car (booked as well), but cancelled due to the dealership attitude in handling him.
It is not just the dealership, but even the Tata Motors customer care do not seem that eager to sell the car. I registered my interest on the day they announced the price and got a call immediately after registering my details on Tata Motors website.
I really wanted to know about the Battery Warranty terms & conditions and the customer care executive didn't have a clue. First he claimed the Lion battery will not deteriorate for 8 years and even a minor capacity degradation in 8 years will be covered under warranty. When asked him to check his facts before giving out false promises, he said he will get back to me later.
He also told he will arrange a call back from the dealership for a test drive and also provide more clarity on the Warranty terms. It is almost 2 weeks and I haven't heard from anyone after that.
Last week I provided my phone number directly to 2 dealerships (Kerala and Bangalore) through the dealership websites. No call back from Kerala dealership. Bangalore dealer called and promised test drive today and haven't heard from them after that.

I had already decided to buy the Nexon EV in the month of April (Was just waiting for the FY to complete). But this lackluster attitude from both Tata and its dealerships is not giving the level of comfort I was expecting from Tata. I was a Tata customer before and had multiple bad experiences with the service of my Safari. I was hoping they had changed, but I guess not.
Holyghost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 09:53   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post

I had already decided to buy the Nexon EV in the month of April (Was just waiting for the FY to complete). But this lackluster attitude from both Tata and its dealerships is not giving the level of comfort I was expecting from Tata. I was a Tata customer before and had multiple bad experiences with the service of my Safari. I was hoping they had changed, but I guess not.
I am in the same boat. I really want to go for this car and I am also waiting for similar details from Bafna Baner Pune. No follow up etc. I own an Aria and my after sales experience has been really bad. The only company that is really standing out for me is MG. They have their stock sold out for 5 to 6 months and yet they regularly follow up to check with me if i am interested in booking the car.

I told the showroom people to arrange a TD and update the warranty terms. Apparently a person directly from Tata Motors EV division is stationed at the dealership and he assured that he will clarify the warranty terms and saved my number and no surprises there as I haven't got any calls from him.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:01   #699
BHPian

Tata Group has started rapid expansion of chargers. Saw one at Croma Aundh today. It's a 25kW charger (which is maximum Nexon EV can take I believe) and has both CCS and CHAdeMO plugs. Pretty cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200212_080147.jpg  

Last edited by ADI7YAK : 12th February 2020 at 09:12. Reason: Spellcheck.
ADI7YAK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 09:32   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
Tata Group has started rapid expansion of chargers. Saw one at Croma Aundh today. It's a 25kW charger (which is maximum Nexon EV can take I believe) and has both CCS and CHAdeMO plugs. Pretty cool.

If all Tata subsidiaries install such chargers (looks like it is going in that direction) then we would have travelogues in EVs instead of just ownership reviews. Going by your post i will have at least 4 to 5 chargers nearby my place. There is a Croma, Westside and Tata Motors at Baner and Croma Aundh.

Have sent a screenshot of your post to my wife. Her primary reason to reject Nexon EV is that if we cant drive to Goa or do road trips in a car then we are not gonna buy it. She likes Nexon EV as it is an automatic and can be driven by her sometimes.
psbali is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 10:11   #701
BHPian

I happened to spot the Nexon EV on road, driven by new owners. Tata has finally neutralised the front design, it was looking too quirky earlier. Maybe they should also keep the existing Light Blue shade as an option for the EV.

I managed to notice it as an EV, but my colleagues did not get that WoW factor as the car was dusty and the dark blue colour somehow didn't let the car stand out at all, in real life "on road". It was too discrete for non-enthusiasts to notice, IMO.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 12th February 2020 at 10:14.
Old 12th February 2020, 10:30   #702
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Did anyone who went for subscription model, get the pricing details for it? the website still shows register for subscription but doesn't have any details other than that.

On the topic of chargers, we need chargers outside the city and at each town/district HQ to enable long drives without anxiety issues.
Old 12th February 2020, 11:09   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Have sent a screenshot of your post to my wife. Her primary reason to reject Nexon EV is that if we cant drive to Goa or do road trips in a car then we are not gonna buy it. She likes Nexon EV as it is an automatic and can be driven by her sometimes.
Very practical thought... that has been exactly thing that is bothering me. Buying a car of worth 15 L but fearing to go long drives is a matter to worry about.
Old 12th February 2020, 14:45   #704
Senior - BHPian

There is a similar EV charger at Ginger Domlur also. I think all TATA subsidiaries are installing them and having chargers at hotels will be a major enabler for long drives in EVs.

Kudos to Tata for investing in the infrastructure at a rapid pace.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 16:18   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Charging stations inside town/city limits are hardly used IMO. What is more important IMO are charging stations on highways...especially for Electric cars. Although I appreciate Tata for setting up these stations, highway charging stations will encourage more and more people to adopt EVs more. The current range in cars is more than sufficient for city driving.
hemanth.anand is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed