Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2020, 13:09   #721
BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I already have an E2O charger setup at my parking place.
E2O uses IEC60309 industrial blue plug, which was peculiar to Mahindra Reva & E2O. Govt of India adopted that as a AC standard plug with their AC-001 installations. Currently such plugs can charge Tata Tigor EV (which uses AC-001 and DC-001 GBT plugs).

But, car companies are moving towards a better stanadrd called CCS (Combo Charging System), that can accomodate both AC and DC in the same charge socket. In USA it is called CCS-Type1, that incorporates the older J-1772 standard plug along with the new DC standard.

IN europe and other parts a different AC standard was adopted with a plug by Mennekes that was adopted as a IEC standard 62196-2.

CCS-2 incorporated 62196-2 AC with the worldwide DC standard of CCS.

CCS-2 is what is being adopted by all players in India. Even the newer procurements by EESL and govt roll out plans include CCS-2 based AC and DC chargers.

CCS AC cables can manage either single phase or 3 phase AC current. It can provide from 3.3Kw to 21Kw. The newest CCS-2 DC chargers are capable of going up to 350Kw.

Nexon uses CCS-2 that can do the following:

- 3.3Kw Single phase AC
- 25Kw DC

To use the old E2O charger with Nexon you'd need a converter/Adaptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

Some stats:
  • Range of car at the start of test drive: 124KMs
  • State of Charge: 48%
  • Total Kms driven: 22.8KMs
  • Drive within city limits(heavy traffic): 8.2Kms
  • Drive on NICE road (highway) : 14.6Kms
  • Range at end of drive: 96Kms
  • State of Charge: 41%
  • Range reduction: 28Kms
  • SOC reduction: 7%
  • AC on at 22C with two adults
[*]With my driving style and at speeds between 90-100KMPH On highways, Nexon EV will offer a range closer to 270-290KMS. With a bit of careful driving, the range can be further extended. This effectively means I can drive to Mysore and back without a charging stop.
I don;t think a range of 290Km will be realistic. Especially if you use AC. But, if you take a flattish road, like Bangalore-Mysore, and can achieve a constant speed of 80km without AC, you may be able to reach 270+ if you are willing to push the car to near 0% (Which never happens).

Realistically you won't want to go below 10%, at which point energy conservation kicks in, Nexon will turn off AC, will slow down to 50kmph. In such a situation, range anxiety will hit you hard, and all you'd think about is to find a charging station soon, though at 10% it can still go for another 20Km.

So leaving out that 20Km as buffer, realistic range you should expect is perhaps about 200-220km with AC on. If you drive aggressively that too many come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So if I was intent on buying an EV - I'd rather pick a small one like the ill fated E2O with a sufficient range for daily use & complement it with a large ICE touring car like the Nexon.

I feel sad that Mahindra couldn't think of a good way of modifying E2O platform to make it an Indian "Smart ForTwo" alternative. It is a ideal city vehicle, and I have decided to keep mine as long as it keeps running (or I can find battery replacement). Both my wife & I love to take it for shopping or on narrow streets, because it is so effortless to drive/park in our congested roads.

But, we will be getting second EV (Nexon), as only one of us currently can take out the E2O, other has to ride a not so city friendly fuel burner. That will change in March. But, ideally I'd have liked it to be a car as small as E2O (or even smaller). Because for transporting a single individual that is enough.
hkollar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 18:57   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post

To use the old E2O charger with Nexon you'd need a converter/Adaptor.
Does anyone know if there is an adapter using which I can charge my E2O using the CCS type 2 wall box (Delta AC mini plus)?
I know that E2O will not charge any quicker than the 3kW that it will pull, but it would be great to have such an adapter.
Old 15th February 2020, 07:07   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
Does anyone know if there is an adapter using which I can charge my E2O using the CCS type 2 wall box (Delta AC mini plus)?
I know that E2O will not charge any quicker than the 3kW that it will pull, but it would be great to have such an adapter.
Sadly, E2O and others in India being not a worldwide standard for EVs, it is unlikely there will be a ready adapter.

But, you should be able to rig one up easily. CCS type 2 socket will need a small electronic circuit to take care of the CP (Control Pilot) signals, as 60309 doesn't use it.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 10:14   #724
BANNED

I was under the assumption, that the waiting period is less, got informed today that it is expected to be around 20th March, so lot of booking for this car in Bengaluru at least. I had reserved the car 3 weeks back and went through lease.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 12:08   #725

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Attachment 1965509

This is the on-road pricing I got for Tata Nexon EV.

Still wondering what was the advantage of pre-booking as advertised by them? Anyone else who prebooked can help understand better?

I saw on Nexon EV website that Maharashtra has (additional ?) 1 lakh subsidy on EV cars - do you get it discounted while buying or claim a refund after buying ?

In Tamil Nadu it's just a 50% waiver on road tax per Tata Motors - so there's a 7.5% road tax making Nexon EV more expensive than other states by ~1.1 lakhs.
shawshank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 14:09   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
I saw on Nexon EV website that Maharashtra has (additional ?) 1 lakh subsidy on EV cars - do you get it discounted while buying or claim a refund after buying ?
AFAIK, subsidy on four wheeler EV is applicable for commercial use and not not for personal vehicles.
Old 15th February 2020, 20:35   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
AFAIK, subsidy on four wheeler EV is applicable for commercial use and not not for personal vehicles.
He is not talking about FAME subsidy. In Maharashtra there is an additional 1 lac rs subsidy on the first 10000 EV cars starting april 2019. It will be credit to beneficiary's account after submitting relevant documents post purchase of an EV car.
psbali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 12:24   #728
BHPian

I think the subscription model is pulled. Not there on the website anymore
Old 16th February 2020, 13:17   #729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
I think the subscription model is pulled. Not there on the website anymore
it's right there at this URL EV Subscription
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 14:25   #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
  • Prices are expected to go up by a lakh after the prebookings are delivered - this could very well be sales-talk, and needs validation

I also heard this from the TaMo rep who's pursuing me to prebook with Rs.21K. BTW, (I'm assuming you're in Chennai from your profile) have you been able to verify if road-tax is fully waived in TN for EV cars - TaMo dealers and reps insist it's just a 50% waiver (so 7.5% of ex-showroom price payable as road tax).
Old 16th February 2020, 17:53   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
it's right there at this URL EV Subscription
Yes but it's pulled from the main site. So, this one might go too soon
Old 16th February 2020, 18:17   #732
BHPian

Went for a test drive at Kropex motors, Hosur Road. Its a good car. The suspension is tuned for the city roads. Ride is good. Inspire confidence while going over the legendary speed breakers of Bangalore. Braking is good.
The acceleration is also good, but could not experience the massive torque punch as compiled in most of the reviews. The pull is good, but not a massive one.
The fit and finish is very good. Overall a good package.
shijinpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2020, 21:13   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Went for a test drive at Kropex motors, Hosur Road. Its a good car. The suspension is tuned for the city roads. Ride is good. Inspire confidence while going over the legendary speed breakers of Bangalore. Braking is good.
The acceleration is also good, but could not experience the massive torque punch as compiled in most of the reviews. The pull is good, but not a massive one.
The fit and finish is very good. Overall a good package.
Did you drive in sports mode or econo? Econo is not exciting. But sports mode is.
Old 17th February 2020, 08:39   #734
BHPian

I finally got a test drive yesterday. The test drive was 40% highway and the rest on internal roads at baner/balewadi with very less traffic and two signals. Started off at 237 Kms range with 95% charge and ended the trip with 219 kms range and 88% charge left.

I drive a Baleno so I found the acceleration to be really good in D mode. Things get mad in sports mode. I lost about 1% for less than 1 Km after engaging it on the highway. If I get this car I doubt I would be using sports mode at all. Just D mode is more than enough as per my driving style and I don't require the kind of acceleration that sports mode offers.

A person from Tata Motors accompanied me for the TD and he said that Tata Power will install more than 250 fast chargers across Maharashtra with about one fast charger every 20 kms just on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. I found the expressway part hard to believe.

I am in interested in the car but it seems it is going to take really long to get it as for entire Pune TM is going to allocate just one car per outlet this month which is around 6 cars or so. Things have just started to get interesting in the Indian EV Space and I would like to get proper feedback before I make this purchase anyway.

Overall a very worthy and solid car. Great move by Tata to introduce an EV option on
capable and acceptable car.
psbali is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 09:11   #735
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
A person from Tata Motors accompanied me for the TD and he said that Tata Power will install more than 250 fast chargers across Maharashtra with about one fast charger every 20 kms just on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. I found the expressway part hard to believe.
Highly possible and believable, given the expressway is roughly 95 kilometers it needs 5 chargers on one way and 5 more on the other way.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks