Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2020, 09:38   #736
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
A person from Tata Motors accompanied me for the TD and he said that Tata Power will install more than 250 fast chargers across Maharashtra with about one fast charger every 20 kms just on Mumbai-Pune Expressway. I found the expressway part hard to believe.
So Tata will build new exits and merges every 20km on E-way?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th February 2020 at 13:21. Reason: Typo.
anandpadhye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:18   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Highly possible and believable, given the expressway is roughly 95 kilometers it needs 5 chargers on one way and 5 more on the other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Maybe they'll place a charging station on the shoulder under each "Do not stop on the expressway" board.

Yeah - that seems highly optimistic. I don't think they'll do it - nor is it needed in-fact. Considering the way the car shows power remaining & how it limps with low power, I think 2 charging points on each channel + 1 outside of eWay in Lonavala should be more than enough. With the fast-charge, people should be able to easily top up enough & get going. The highway chargers should be emergency backups as people should certainly fully charge before taking up a Pune-Mumbai inter-city journey rather than plan on charging midway while having a wada-pav.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th February 2020 at 13:22. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Reinhard is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 19:46   #738
BANNED

Tata Power to setup 700 EV charging stations by 2021 - Link
  • 100 fast charging stations installed so far across Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. Will install 200 more fast chargers by March 2020 to make it 300 in total.
  • Planning to install chargers at metro stations, shopping malls, highways, and theaters.
  • Talks were already in progress to install charging stations at Metro rail stations.
  • Besides Croma stores, other Tata group companies like Titan, Tanishq, Westside, and Indian Hotels etc will also get charging stations at their outlets.
  • Tata Power signed MoUs with IOCL, HPCl, and IGL to setup charging stations at their outlets.
  • A total 30 stations were installed at Mumbai so far, expect the number to increase to 200 by next year.
  • Company looking forward to install 30kW to 50kW stations in the future as the demand grows.
Given Tata's charging stations installation and expansion spree, when it comes to charging network, Tata's EV users will have an advantage over other manufacturer's EVs.
wheelguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 20:45   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I think they will build this in partnership with FAME II scheme, where the vision is to get 1 EV charging station for every 25km on all National Highways.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 21:27   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Did you drive in sports mode or econo? Econo is not exciting. But sports mode is.
Yes in Econo. Perhaps this could be the reason for less excitement

Last edited by navin : 18th February 2020 at 13:21. Reason: typos
Old 18th February 2020, 18:19   #741
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to BHPian Coyote for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I had registered my interest in the Nexon EV's subscription plan and consequently received multiple calls from Tata Motors who put me in touch with a local dealer.

The local dealer informed me that the subscription plan details have been received by the dealership and I asked them to send it across.

Unfortunately, the document in question is not the pricing plan but appears to be a training module on making sales of the Nexon EV. Nonetheless, this may be of interest to T-Bhpians.

I figured someone would update this on the Nexon EV thread but seeing as no one has (or did and I missed it), I am sending this across to you.

I hope it is of some use to you / T-Bhpians.
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_0.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_1.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_2.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_3.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_4.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_5.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_6.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_7.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_8.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_9.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_10.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_11.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_12.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_13.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_14.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_15.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide_16.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th February 2020 at 20:02.
ChiragM is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 19:41   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
It is not just the dealership, but even the Tata Motors customer care do not seem that eager to sell the car. I registered my interest on the day they announced the price and got a call immediately after registering my details on Tata Motors website.

Last week I provided my phone number directly to 2 dealerships (Kerala and Bangalore) through the dealership websites. No call back from Kerala dealership. Bangalore dealer called and promised test drive today and haven't heard from them after that.
Now it is 3 weeks since I registered my interest for a test drive both on Tata Motors website and directly at Tata Dealerships. So far, I've received 3 calls. 1 from Tata motors on the day of launch promising a call back from dealer for test drive and to provide further details, but no calls after that. After one week, I provided my phone number directly on dealer website and got a call from the dealer and promised a test drive next day. Again no calls after that. Today, on the 3rd week I get a call from dealership asking my feedback about the dealership experience. I really do not know what Tata and its dealers are upto. Why are they so pathetic at sales?

Since I am not in a hurry, let me see how long it takes for Tata sales team to wake up.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 19:43   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to BHPian Coyote for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
The subscription model appears to be a very attractive proposition.

What works in its favour?:
  • Driving home a new car makes it a worry free experience from the start.
  • Insurance and service costs to be borne by Tata. However have to read the fine print to catch any T&C.
  • As per my understanding, no additional charges if we return the car before the contract period or extend the contract (after lock-in).
  • Access to ICE cars if going on long drives. Although prices for using these vehicles could be high too.

Pitfalls:
  • Security deposit - We know how hard it is to extract it back without taking a hit.
  • Usage limit - This looks unnecessary as the customer will already be paying the monthly installment that covers usage fee. May not suit everyones need.
  • Maintenance - What is covered and what is not? Any hidden charges to be wary of or any limits?
  • Self drive registration - Which means inter-state road taxes come into picture. Additional headache.
  • Insurance - Claim process, whether zero dep, coverage in case of an accident.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th February 2020 at 12:33. Reason: Quoted text edited
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 11:40   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Today, on the 3rd week I get a call from dealership asking my feedback about the dealership experience. I really do not know what Tata and its dealers are upto. Why are they so pathetic at sales?
I have long believed that Tata's great design & engineering team is let down by their Quality Assurance, Sales & support teams.

I have always liked their design (Manza being an Exception), spacious interior, ergonomics/comfort of their vehicles. Even the Nano was pretty decent in these aspects.

But, the quality assurance in manufacturing process, Sales & ASS is a big put off with Tata... If they truly want to transform the company they need to change the way they handle these.
Old 19th February 2020, 12:00   #745
BHPian

I had registered my interest in the subscription plan pretty much when the model was announced and have received 2 calls from Tata Motors and about 3 calls from the local dealer in Bangalore they put me in touch with for the Nexon EV.

While the subscription plan pricing is still awaited, what is surprising is that the representative that contacted me was actually pushing the Nexon EV over the BS6 ICE. I had informed him I am interested in both and will choose the type after the test drive as I am okay with a range of about 220-250 KM's for the EV.

I was under the impression they have lower margins on the EV as opposed to ICE. Is there something I am missing?
Old 19th February 2020, 12:29   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
I had registered my interest in the subscription plan pretty much when the model was announced and have received 2 calls from Tata Motors and about 3 calls from the local dealer in Bangalore they put me in touch with for the Nexon EV.

While the subscription plan pricing is still awaited, what is surprising is that the representative that contacted me was actually pushing the Nexon EV over the BS6 ICE. I had informed him I am interested in both and will choose the type after the test drive as I am okay with a range of about 220-250 KM's for the EV.

I was under the impression they have lower margins on the EV as opposed to ICE. Is there something I am missing?
Don't know anything about EV cars as such. But you seem to be talking about company margins. Even if Tata gets less profit on EVs compared to an ICE car, the salesperson doesn't care about that.

He cares about the commission amount that he gets on each vehicle sold. Since the EV car sales will determine Tata future it makes sense that the commission on sale of Nexon EV would be more than Nexon ICE. This would explain why he is pushing you for it.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 14:14   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
He cares about the commission amount that he gets on each vehicle sold. Since the EV car sales will determine Tata future it makes sense that the commission on sale of Nexon EV would be more than Nexon ICE. This would explain why he is pushing you for it.
I was referring to dealer commissions on sales, and anticipated service revenues which are likely (conjecture) to be higher in ICE vehicles than EV ones.

It is however refreshing to see the push for EV's from Tata dealerships.
Old 20th February 2020, 09:59   #748
BHPian

Hi,

Looking for some clarity on the subsidy available in Maharashtra. A friend is buying the Nexon EV Lux + variant.

1. Can the subsidy be availed on private car purchased by a PVT LTD Co or is it only for Individual registrations?

2. I believe there are 2 subsidies in Maharashtra, 1 lac within 3 months of purchase and 15% over a period of 5 years. Second one is only for 1st 1 lac vehicles sold in state. Any clarity how the 2nd subsidy is passed on to buyer?

Thanks in advance
Old 20th February 2020, 11:18   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks but the TEAM-BHP water mark is almost masking many readable text and quite irritating. What is the nead of such big water mark in the middile of these images, when there is already one at the bottom.
Old 20th February 2020, 11:32   #750
Senior - BHPian

Subscription pricing for Nexon EV will be revealed post 15th March. TATA motors have not yet received necessary approvals for the subscription model. Expect a delay in this regard.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed