Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2020, 14:32   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
It's a customised Legrand 9 module distribution box with an RCBO and a 16amp domestic socket & switch
This seems to be a regular 16A point and a MCB, packaged in a fancy way! Are they charging anything for it?
Old 6th March 2020, 15:16   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This seems to be a regular 16A point and a MCB, packaged in a fancy way! Are they charging anything for it?
MCB> protection against overcurrent + short circuit
RCBO> protection against overcurrent + short circuit + earth leakage
Looks like a branding effort.
I think the wiring is chargeable based on wiring length and box setup is not chargeable - others can confirm.
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:27   #798
BHPian

The charger is a fancy name for a 16amp socket. Perhaps with proper wiring to take the continuous load. If this is 5k+, then its expensive for what it offers. This seems more like a checkbox item for "free charger & installation" as is being offered by other manufacturers like Hyundai & MG.

~sm
Old 6th March 2020, 16:43   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
It's a customised Legrand 9 module distribution box with an RCBO and a 16amp domestic socket & switch. The charger can be plugged in and the door can be closed, note the cutout for cable below the socket.
Ziptron badging is there on the door.
Attachment 1977127
Attachment 1977128
I agreed, this is just a few branded electrical components put together with own branding. If this is the pre-requisite, I don't think we even need Tata power people to do this. Any certified electrician should be able to do it.. just my thoughts though....
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 18:45   #800
Senior - BHPian

Installation and the box is free. Wiring cost is what they charge, and that depends on the distance between the parking and the EB meter/ junction box.
Old 6th March 2020, 20:13   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupdeb View Post
Tata Motors is coming up with the Nexon EV driving experience called "The Grand Electric Tour". So all of you who have been waiting to try your hands-on this pocket rocket please register your interest at https://ev.tatamotors.com/enquiry/.

They have launched a small introductory video for the same with Milind Soman and Ankita Konwar with the initial tour dates for five cities.

Attachment 1973806

Regards,
Debrup

Source: https://twitter.com/TatamotorsEV/sta...96724678365186
It seems like the first event in this series starts in Bengaluru tomorrow.

It would be great to know if t-BHP ians from Bengaluru plan to attend, and if so, how many will post pics and their experiences here.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 6th March 2020, 20:20   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I got informed that my vehicle has been allotted and delivery is by 17th March. Hopefully, the lease provider does everything by then. I am yet to hear anything about charger though. Since the onboard charger is 3KW, what is the necessity of a home charger, why not stick it to a regular 16A or 32A plug.
The only advantage of having a charger installed is that it'll be an outdoor device with plug already attached to it, without needing a seperate 16A socket outdoor (which can be unsafe).
Old 8th March 2020, 14:34   #803
Senior - BHPian

My buddy has taken delivery of his Nexon EV in Hyderabad yesterday (7th March)! It's a XZ+ in Signature Teal Blue - Glacier White was his original choice, but he was advised by the dealer that only Teal Blue cars are shipping in the initial lot...
ph03n!x is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 17:45   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
My buddy has taken delivery of his Nexon EV in Hyderabad yesterday (7th March)! It's a XZ+ in Signature Teal Blue - Glacier White was his original choice, but he was advised by the dealer that only Teal Blue cars are shipping in the initial lot...
Congratulations to him. The dealer seems to be a lot proactive then as others hardly have any idea. Does he have any idea on when XZ+ Lux are coming?
Old 8th March 2020, 20:34   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Congratulations to him. The dealer seems to be a lot proactive then as others hardly have any idea. Does he have any idea on when XZ+ Lux are coming?
Okay, that message of mine was rather cryptic - after some persuasion, the SA gave the dispatch details and sent a screenshot that the car has reached Medak by the evening of 4th March Assuming it'll reach the yard in Hyderabad the same night or next morning, he planned to do the PDC and take delivery by 5th or 6th max.

As it so happened he had to chase it down with the dealer coz they were planning to do the delivery only by Tuesday, 10th March - something about wanting do about 10 deliveries together after a briefing, and the Sunday, and Monday being Holika Dahana not working out for that.

My friend insisted that he'd rather take delivery and park the car home than leaving it in the yard for about 6 days until delivery (and god knows what all is gonna happen!), stood his ground and got the car delivered last night.

I'll check when Lux and other colours are getting dispatched, he's told the SA that he'll come back on 10th to do their planned "groupie" thingy
ph03n!x is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 12:57   #806
Senior - BHPian

The planned deliveries in Hyderabad are gonna happen on 14th/ 15th. The colour options and other variants should be dispatched sometime next month according to the SA.

In the meantime, here's probably the first Nexon EV that's delivered at least in Telengana, AP and TN...
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200309_124703.jpg
Those who have seen my post on the distribution box for the charger installed by Tata Power, it's visible at the car's rear right in this image.

...and it's proud owner, Uday, who's been enjoying the admirations, adulations and acknowledgements for the last few days!
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200309_123139_219.jpg

Last edited by ph03n!x : 9th March 2020 at 12:59.
ph03n!x is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 13:52   #807
BHPian

Quote:
The planned deliveries in Hyderabad are gonna happen on 14th/ 15th. The colour options and other variants should be dispatched sometime next month according to the SA.

In the meantime, here's probably the first Nexon EV that's delivered at least in Telengana, AP and TN...
Attachment 1977998
Those who have seen my post on the distribution box for the charger installed by Tata Power, it's visible at the car's rear right in this image.

...and it's proud owner, Uday, who's been enjoying the admirations, adulations and acknowledgements for the last few days!
Attachment 1977996
Great. Congratulations to him again. Would love to hear real world range figure and an initial review from him for sure.
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 15:19   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1977996
Hi,

Can you please ask him to show/ mention the fine details of the battery warranty? A lot of people have doubt on the deterioration and how much deterioration is being protected by the warranty terms.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th March 2020 at 15:34. Reason: broken quote tag fixed
chandu1382 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 17:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu1382 View Post
Hi, Can you please ask him to show/ mention the fine details of the battery warranty?
The dealership has not handed over the accompanying manuals etc. yet - will probably happen with the official delivery. I'll post it here as soon as it's handed over by the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Great. Congratulations to him again. Would love to hear real world range figure and an initial review from him for sure.
I'll try and post as much details as possible, here's for starters -
  • Took delivery with 12 KM on the clock and at about 50% charge on 6th March - it's 128 KM now
  • Charged to 100% at home, and have driven 102 KM - 61% battery remaining. All the driving is in Hyderabad city traffic, also account for the "demo", sports mode test drives, etc.
  • The car is a dream in typical city conditions. For context, the previous car was a XUV5OO manual. This is quick off the mark, quick in closing gaps, Q-U-I-C-K.
I'll keep posting updates as the car keeps munching miles...

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200309_133051_079.jpg
ph03n!x is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 18:23   #810
BHPian

Quote:
I'll try and post as much details as possible, here's for starters -
  • Took delivery with 12 KM on the clock and at about 50% charge on 6th March - it's 128 KM now
  • Charged to 100% at home, and have driven 102 KM - 61% battery remaining. All the driving is in Hyderabad city traffic, also account for the "demo", sports mode test drives, etc.
  • The car is a dream in typical city conditions. For context, the previous car was a XUV5OO manual. This is quick off the mark, quick in closing gaps, Q-U-I-C-K.
I'll keep posting updates as the car keeps munching miles...

Also, would love it if you can give feedback on the rollback when you're starting on a slope -like when coming out of a basement of a mall or a fly over with b2b traffic etc. Is rollback an issue?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th March 2020 at 19:00. Reason: quote box fixed
chandu1382 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks