Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 22:47   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu1382 View Post
Also, would love it if you can give feedback on the rollback when you're starting on a slope -like when coming out of a basement of a mall or a fly over with b2b traffic etc. Is rollback an issue?
The car comes with hill hold, which seems to be working flawlessly while climbing up parking ramps.

I'm specifying how it works because I remember reading in one of the early reviews in Jan that the car rolls back a foot or so before or holds - that is not the case in this car and hill hold is working like it should, the reviewed car may have had a fault or the control software might have been updated.
ph03n!x is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:26   #812
BHPian

Here is something which I am surprised to here.
One of my friend booked the Nexon EV almost a month back. The dealer is still not sure when will the car be made available. They themselves aren't able to get any updates from the manufacturer itself.
They give us following reason for the delay- Due to coronavirus scare, they are not able to import few components. One of them is the crucial Tesla chip.

Anyone is aware about what kind of Tesla chip are they actually using and for what purpose?
DrCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 10:43   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
They give us following reason for the delay- Due to coronavirus scare, they are not able to import few components. One of them is the crucial Tesla chip.

Anyone is aware about what kind of Tesla chip are they actually using and for what purpose?
That Tesla chip part is a load of bovine manure. The electric motor is made in Shanghai, and the COVID-19 situation did cause problems.

That said, read through my posts in the last few pages. The first lot of cars already reached the dealership - if it reached Hyderabad, I'm sure it would have reached Bombay too, Pune ain't too far away!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 11:17   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
That Tesla chip part is a load of bovine manure. The electric motor is made in Shanghai, and the COVID-19 situation did cause problems.

That said, read through my posts in the last few pages. The first lot of cars already reached the dealership - if it reached Hyderabad, I'm sure it would have reached Bombay too, Pune ain't too far away!
Isn't nexon EV assembled in Pune?
A manufacturer's priorities in terms of markets is a mystery that no one can really solve.

I have a hunch that the Telangana/Andhra sector may have been more proactive with turning on their 25kW chargers and hence got the first lot. But this is just a S***load of speculation.
Old 10th March 2020, 13:35   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
also account for the "demo", sports mode test drives, etc.
I can imagine S mode is super fun.

Have a look at this:
Smooth and relentless

anandpadhye is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 13:47   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Have a look at this:
Smooth and relentless
Did it hit 0 to 100 in under 8 sec? That will make it fastest SUV under 50 lakhs, right? Super impressive.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th March 2020 at 18:45. Reason: Removed video from within quotes.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 15:24   #817
BHPian

Hey Guys,

II had booked the Nexon EV initially itself and am given the same story as there are delays due to corona virus. I have booked the Lux variant and that is the one going in to production post march 20th. So deliveries for Lux varient will start some time Post April only. Also the Tata power guys came to my apartments took measurements and went silent. i am calling them and no reply, Really wonder whats going on.

Any one from Bangalore booked the Lux Variant? whats your delivery timelines stated? and has TATA power guys started the work?
Old 10th March 2020, 17:51   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
I have a hunch that the Telangana/Andhra sector may have been more proactive with turning on their 25kW chargers and hence got the first lot. But this is just a S***load of speculation.
Not really - even the dealership's 25KW charger ain't commissioned yet! Like I said before, my friend literally stood on the dealership's hinds to get delivery when he did, otherwise it would have been delivered only by 14th/ 15th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Any one from Bangalore booked the Lux Variant? whats your delivery timelines stated? and has TATA power guys started the work?
No other variant or colour have been dispatched except for the blue in XZ+. Lux might also have more of a dependency on China, I remember reading somewhere certain sunroof parts also have a China dependency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Let me just say that the SA will never boast about the Nexon's Sports mode if I ever walk in again for another year drive

Last edited by ph03n!x : 10th March 2020 at 17:55.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2020, 19:40   #819
Senior - BHPian

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_122901.jpg

I attended 'The Grand Electric Tour' by TATA on last Sunday. I registered online a few days back and got a call last week, asking for my preferred slot. Once I selected the slot, I got a confirmation e-mail and an SMS with the location.

The event happened at Aruani Grid go-karting track, off Sarjapur road.

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_124707.jpg

I reached there by 11.45 (the slot I selected was 12.15) and this beauty greeted me.

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_123843.jpg

After a quick registration, we were ushered to a briefing about the Nexon EV and a QnA session, to clear any doubts. Once that is done, we were ushered to the track for the drive.

A couple of pics of the track:

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_115922.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_115925.jpg

We were paired with a professional driver, and he took us around the track once. The track was divided into three sections. A strait acceleration experience zone, where we were allowed to floor the accelerator to experience the power. This section was done in Sports more. After this, next was a track section, with some tight corners, which helps you feel the handling of the SUV. The last was a lane change section where you accelerate down a straight, do a quick lane change and do a hard brake.

Once the chauffered session was over, the car was handed over to me, and I was allowed to do 2 rounds of the track. A video of the drive was captured and was sent over to me by WhatsApp after the drive.

It was my first time with an EV (car) and I really enjoyed the acceleration - the car effortlessly touched 100 and I was able to bring it back to zero without any drama. The track session was a revelation through - the body roll was much less than I anticipated and I felt that the car handled much better than the ICE counterpart.

Once the drive was over, I was handed over a certificate.

All in all, a well-arranged event, which gave a quick glimpse of how much fun an EV is.

The car I drove:

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200308_121420.jpg

One of the videos shot during the drive:

--Anoop

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th March 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Typo - 0 instead of 100. Thanks!
theexperthand is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 09:10   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
It seems like the first event in this series starts in Bengaluru tomorrow.
It would be great to know if t-BHP ians from Bengaluru plan to attend, and if so, how many will post pics and their experiences here.
Cheers,
FourWheelDrift
The glimpse of event can be seen here:
salbin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 19:44   #821
BHPian

Not sure how many deliveries have been done for the EV so far. But dealers are clueless about the XZ+ Lux model overall. XZ+ only are being sent to dealers so far I guess...
Old 12th March 2020, 21:36   #822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Not sure how many deliveries have been done for the EV so far. But dealers are clueless about the XZ+ Lux model overall. XZ+ only are being sent to dealers so far I guess...
I read that the top end lux model will start in April, i.e production, my delivery of XZ+ is scheduled for last week of this month and first delivery is in 3 days for Bengaluru.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 23:12   #823
BHPian

They are clueless here about the top-end model. Not sure what the truth is...
Old 14th March 2020, 17:41   #824
BHPian

So after reading a lot about the Nexon EV here, decided to take a TD for myself and experience all the thrill first hand.
Went to the GB road, Thane showroom for the TD, the EV there was only 20% charged, asked the SA if charging the car for a while was a option, but sadly the fast charger is installed at the other showroom in Thane. Anyway I went ahead with taking the TD. The first usual awkward feeling hit me when the car was turned on, silent to another level! Without wasting time I put the car in D mode and off we go. One thing i realized while moving from a complete stop was that I had to literally PRESS the pedal significantly to get the car in motion, found it a bit strange, maybe the low battery had to do something with it or it's just how the car is. Time and again I happened to experience this. After a few minutes I asked the SA if the tyre pressure was fine, because I could feel the car pulling to the left a lot, to which he replied the front left tyre wasn't at the accurate pressure. In my mind I linked the extra pressing of the A pedal to this reason and left it there. Since the car wasn't charged enough, I couldnt experience the much anticipated S mode, so after a 5km drive I returned back to the dealership.
One thing I did realize is that the Nexon has great ability to tackle bad roads, full marks to that. Other than that the handling of the car wasn't something I could fully test, but the comfort on the driving seat is good and driving position is to my liking. After the TD I was explained how the charging network works, etc etc.

After exiting the showroom I wasn't really satisfied with my first EV driving experience and hence decided to go to the MG showroom which is just a few KMs away. Was lucky enough to test drive the ZS EV, and that is when my long awaited wish to experience the thrilling EV drive was fulfilled. Wouldn't put down the TD details of MG since its a Nexon thread but just to put it out there, honestly these two cars are generations apart.

Attaching the only picture I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-nexon.jpg  

yashcosmos is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 21:22   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
One thing I did realize is that the Nexon has great ability to tackle bad roads, full marks to that. Other than that the handling of the car wasn't something I could fully test, but the comfort on the driving seat is good and driving position is to my liking. After the TD I was explained how the charging network works, etc etc.

I took a TD at Shamshabad airport's go-karitng track today and came back pretty impressed. The handling was top notch. Will update the details later.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks