Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2020, 17:23   #871
BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
Does any one know the price of charger? if one wants to buy an additional one? (preferably fast charge version)

ex. One at home and other 100kms away were i have to travel almost everyday. (our Storme has done 2.5L km in 4years )

Correct.

Nexon is best VFM when compared to other EV's currently available in Indian market.

Fast Charging not recomended to be installed at home. I can give you AC charging solution PM me for details.
Old 4th May 2020, 19:40   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Fast Charging not recomended to be installed at home. I can give you AC charging solution PM me for details.
I have the same opinion. Using fast charging regularly is bad for the battery. Better go for AC charger itself. Go for brands like EO,Brightblu etc.
roshanvalsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 21:03   #873
BANNED

Unfortunately, AC charging on nexon is restricted to 3 Kw/h. That's only downside of this beautiful product. Someone didn't think through at the design state to keep it at 7 Kw/h. Just imagine 4 hours for full charge at AC charging.
Old 5th May 2020, 08:43   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
‘Dirt quality Chinese product”? China is probably the most advanced country in electric vehicle production at the moment. Their technology is far more advanced and their product quality is far higher than ours not just in vehicles but across the board.
Neither Chinese cars nor Chinese batteries are the most advanced in the world. Most efficient and most powerful EVs are from Tesla (US), Porsche (Germany), Hyundai/Kia (South Korea). Panasonic and LG Chem batteries are much more advanced and higher density than CATL batteries. The main reason for CATL's huge sales are because of China allowing subsidies for only vehicles with Chinese company batteries. They lifted that restriction last year and even Chiese car companies are slowly moving to LG Chem and Panasonic batteries. Tesla, Porsche and Hyundai all use their own motors and not from Chinese companies. Major Chinese companies like GAC uses motors from NIDEC (Japanese company).

Chinese govt has forced Chinese companies step up technology-wise by aligning subsidies to higher range and higher battery density models. This has resulted in huge declines in sales of many cheap models and many companies go bust. China is ahead in sales thanks to generous subsidies from the government and regulations like no limit on licenses for EVs in major cities such as Beijing. As soon as govt started reducing subsidies, sales declined rapidly.

China has the ecosystem that is driven majorly by govt to lead in EV market but they are definitely not ahead technologically compared to the rest of the world.
sri_tesla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 11:58   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Unfortunately, AC charging on nexon is restricted to 3 Kw/h. That's only downside of this beautiful product. Someone didn't think through at the design state to keep it at 7 Kw/h. Just imagine 4 hours for full charge at AC charging.
Or they thought through & felt this is the right balance. In general for any type of a rechargeable battery - a slower charging always gives best battery life and ensures thermal runaway is avoided. The cost of a battery that can handle higher rated charge will also be generally higher thanks to the materials and design safety involved.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 06:34   #876
BANNED

Nexon EV soon to get range and performance boost updates - Link
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 10:34   #877
BANNED

what's not clear is that the performance update is delivered through software update or is there a hardware upgrade made on the newer models?
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 15:14   #878
BHPian

Quote:
what's not clear is that the performance update is delivered through software update or is there a hardware upgrade made on the newer models?
Similar to other electric companies, this could be a software update.

Tesla increases range via software update
sunnsood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 11:08   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Nexon EV soon to get range and performance boost updates - Link
When I read the article at the link, it sounds to me like a generic statement. Anand Kulkarni just stated the obvious that Ziptron technology will improve over time. Desperate people are making a rumor out of it.
sreeharipv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 11:12   #880
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeharipv View Post
When I read the article at the link, it sounds to me like a generic statement. Anand Kulkarni just stated the obvious that Ziptron technology will improve over time.
It's an OTA(over-the-air) update to the existing owners just like how Tesla gets updates or how our phones get updates, read somewhere in another article, couldn't recollect it now. No hardware updates.
Old 12th May 2020, 12:20   #881
BANNED

After relaxation of lockdown #3 in my area, I got a call from Prerana that they will resume the processing of the vehicle, currently, it is at RTO for registration. Few days later, guys from Tata Power called, and a person came for inspection, took the previous electric bill and went.
I have a 3KW sanctioned load, and I thought it was enough, apparently, they want a safe margin of another 1KW and want me to increase. I don't plan to do charging at home and plan to use nearby BESCOM fast charger. Tata Power rep told me that the charging uses 2.7KW and they want the additional KW as a safeguard for the DISCOM not to put penalty.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 21:43   #882
BHPian

Any discounts they are running? especially after economy scenario after lockdown...

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/te...s-5252881.html

I am trying to negotiate but not getting any favourable response
Old 13th May 2020, 10:04   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Any discounts they are running? especially after economy scenario after lockdown...

I am trying to negotiate but not getting any favourable response
Don't go with the "No EMI for 12 months" offer. The 1 year amount plus interest they will charge remaining years which will be even more. These schemes are never made for customers, they are made just to move their stock moving.
Old 13th May 2020, 16:07   #884
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have received my Nexon EV XZ+ finally. This is the story about my experience of the car and support from TATA Motors. (Location: Visakhapatnam/ Vizag, AP). I am the first owner of the car in Andhra Pradesh.

After they allowed the most shops to open in our state I requested the dealer to hand over my car (I've already paid 2 EMIs by then) to which he obliged but mentioned that TATA Power didn't have a team to install the home charger. Thanks to the people sharing photos of the home charger on this forum i've understood that it's a normal installation of a normal 16A socket. So I told him that I have a guy who can do the installation work and asked him (the dealer) to arrange for the payment of my electrician. As TATA Motors and TATA Power teams were unable to decide who should pay for this I decided to pay the electrician myself as he said he'd charge Rs. 1,000 for his service and the cost of the cable (5m in my case) + 1 additional MCB (as advised by the TATA power guy. it is redundant if you ask me) would be below Rs. 1,000/-
The dealer said that he'd reimburse that amount to me after he gets a clarity on this issue. (TATA Power said that the installation is free for those who require a cable length of up to 15m)

The home charger box was given along with the car and my electrician installed on the same day as it's a very easy process. It cost me Rs. 1,700/- (1000 for electrician and 700 for accessories)

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200507_134949.jpg

I drove the car home (17km away) happily without any issues. I don't want to be redundant here with how amazing the ride quality is. All the reviews on the forum and Youtube are true. The car is really quick and turns the car in to a beast in sports mode. Even in normal mode, it is very responsive as all it needs is a touch of the accelerator. You just need to ask for the power and it gives you power immediately.

Though the interior looks good I believe TATA cars should improve on the overall fit and finish of the plastics. The buttons work no doubt. It just feels stubby and hard.

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200513_113940.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200513_113927.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200508_222725.jpg

People might say that the gear knob is being used by companies like Merc, BMW, Jaguar, etc but it can never replace the feel of a gear rod. It feels like a fan regulator but rotates 360 degrees and every time I have to check my display if the N/ D/ R has been engaged or not. I wouldn’t be having that doubt had it been a gear rod. I just know that the gear has been engaged. It tests your patience when you want to park your car and repeatedly have to change from R to D. Some things like analogue speedo and gear rod shouldn’t be changed. But I guess, as always, we adjust to our car in a few weeks.

The very next day around 8:30am I started the car but the AC didn’t switch on and it showed that the battery is overheated even though it wasn’t under charge the previous night. I continued to drive but the car automatically came to N and stopped (allowed me to move about 2km). I was connected to a senior manager in the service dept of TATA Motors who suggested me to open and replug a particular wire in the bonnet. Not wanting to risk meddling with a new car I asked him to send a service person. I was impressed that he managed to send a service person even during lockdown to my area which is in the outskirts. The issue got resolved on a software update which was done from his laptop. The battery and DTE (Distance To Empty) logic also got an upgrade and this is the range it shows now.

Range before update:

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200510_121857.jpg

Range after update:

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200512_185428.jpg

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200512_191915.jpg

The DTE logic is based on the drive behaviour of the prev 50km

Really impressed by the kind of support the company gave. I had a very long chat with the senior manager on the phone and he shared quite a few things the company is planning for EV owners and how it’s ready to handle the service, etc. Apart from checking air pressure, AC temperature, dead weight he also mentioned to press the accelerator after the car starts to creep as it would give a better range. He also reimbursed the Rs. 1,700 which I incurred for the installation.

Overall, I’m really happy that I bought this vehicle and I’m confident that TATA is ready and eager to address all the issues we have.

BONUS: Diff between BS6 blue and EV blue

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-slide1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200509_065526.jpg  

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-img_20200513_150058.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th May 2020 at 16:29. Reason: Formatting post
chandu1382 is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 16:39   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu1382 View Post
Hey guys,

I have received my Nexon EV XZ+ finally. This is the story about my experience of the car and support from TATA Motors. (Location: Visakhapatnam/ Vizag, AP). I am the first owner of the car in Andhra Pradesh.
Congratulations on your purchase. Pls keep us updated on real world range and charging times as you clock more miles. Also, pls tell us about the insurance costs of the vehicle. Is it any different from a petrol or diesel car?
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks