Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2020, 11:24   #916
BHPian

Re: Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Have you talked to the customer representatives of policybazaar and other websites and explained about the situation?
I did talk with Acko and they said they don’t have Tata nexon ev in their list yet and since it’s electric car, they are still figuring out about insurance. A little weird
Old 14th June 2020, 01:19   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Hi,

If I want to buy insurance from outside, can someone guide who to contact?

Cannot see Tata nexon ev on acko or policybazaar. Mu assumption is it would be cheaper if I purchase from outside.
You may contact the direct customer care of Future Generali Insurance. I could find that they are having cost effective plans as compared to dealer arranged plans.
Old 19th June 2020, 21:11   #918
Senior - BHPian

The Kerela Motor Vehicle Department (KMVD) has just ordered 65 Tata Nexon EVs for enforcement duties in Kerela.

Link to Autocar India news - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...artment-417705

Image Source - www.indianautoblogs.com

Tata builds a Nexon EV. EDIT: Launched at ₹13.99 lakhs-dd17e0ea98af4dd8a4e301d0f55faf02.jpeg
akash_v12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 20:10   #919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu1382 View Post
Hey guys,

I have received my Nexon EV XZ+ finally. This is the story about my experience of the car and support from TATA Motors. (Location: Visakhapatnam/ Vizag, AP). I am the first owner of the car in Andhra Pradesh.
Hi chandu1382,

Congratulations on your purchase, how's it going with the car, few updates and few more pics please . By the way I am from Vizag too, looks like there aren't many members from Vizag, otherwise we can plan a small meetup.
Old 20th June 2020, 20:50   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Hi chandu1382,

Congratulations on your purchase, how's it going with the car, few updates and few more pics please . By the way I am from Vizag too, looks like there aren't many members from Vizag, otherwise we can plan a small meetup.
Yes, wheelguy. Let's set a date and meet up. I want to check out Nexon EV, too. I was leaning towards it when it was launched, went away because of under- 300 KM usable range and again leaning towards it because of galloping fuel prices. The biggest draw of EVs is saying bye bye to fuel price woes.
Old 20th June 2020, 21:30   #921
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The biggest draw of EVs is saying bye bye to fuel price woes.
In future, it will be electricity price woes.

Last edited by wheelguy : 20th June 2020 at 21:44.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 23:54   #922
BANNED

Quote:
In future, it will be electricity price woes.
Unlike fuel, you can generate your own power having rooftop solar or a miniature wind mill, or even better charge at office

I am stuck waiting for the process with company lease to get over, hopefully will be driving it by the end of this month, just happened to see petrol price today, it's over 81 in Bengaluru
DarthVeda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 20:03   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
You may contact the direct customer care of Future Generali Insurance. I could find that they are having cost effective plans as compared to dealer arranged plans.
Thanks, I ended up getting a better quote from GoDigit.
Old 22nd June 2020, 10:09   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornnerd View Post
Thanks, I ended up getting a better quote from GoDigit.
GoDigit gives the best quotations in the market currently, their website is very easy and everything is explained in layman terms, or else you can talk to the customer representative for the best experience.

Even when I purchased my health insurance, GoDigit gave me the best option even in terms of services.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:16   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Hi chandu1382,

Hi, thank you. The usable range for me is around 200km. Drove 1,600+ km so far. Other owners from Bangalore, Hyd seem to get more than that. Like 220-230km.
There's a Nexon EV owners group on WhatsApp created by owners. Lot's of discussions there. We have owners from MH, KA, TN, WB, TS and AP. It's fun.
Will share more photos soon.

There are 3 Nexon EVs that are roaming in Vizag right now.
Yes, let's plan a meetup. I'm in.
chandu1382 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:30   #926
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandu1382 View Post
There are 3 Nexon EVs that are roaming in Vizag right now.
Yes, let's plan a meetup. I'm in.
Good to know that, till now, thought your's was the only one at Vizag, do we have a Nexon EV for TD at any of the Tata showrooms here? Yes we shall plan a meet-up, checkout PM
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:41   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods please let us know if a full TBhp official review of the Nexon EV is in the pipeline. This is a very unique car and many are eagerly waiting for the verdict.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 17:04   #928
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have booked a Nexon EV XZ+Lux variant, I have been allotted a car here in Bangalore and mostly be ready for delivery by weekend, I was planning to get the insurance done myself, However Most websites I see do not have an option to Choose the EV variant , And one that has, that is ICICI is showing an absurdly huge price! Just looking at inputs on how any one here has gone about buying insurance for their new car?

Also anyone here from Bangalore got delivery of XZ+LUX variant? I need the price quoted by the dealer.
Shai100 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 18:29   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi

Any guys around Thiruvananthapuram got TD of the Nexon EV?

My friend is seriously looking at the Nexon EV for his dad.
He bought his Harrier from Derik motors, so enquired there, but they didn't have any EV for TD.

Went to Trivandrum motors, and they said sales have already started, but TD vehicle will come only next month.

Sounds weird, since the govt already has bought/leased a fleet of Nexon EVs, but both the Tata dealers are helpless on arranging a TD vehicle.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 10:22   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have booked a Nexon EV XZ+Lux variant, I have been allotted a car here in Bangalore and mostly be ready for delivery by weekend, I was planning to get the insurance done myself, However Most websites I see do not have an option to Choose the EV variant , And one that has, that is ICICI is showing an absurdly huge price! Just looking at inputs on how any one here has gone about buying insurance for their new car?

Also anyone here from Bangalore got delivery of XZ+LUX variant? I need the price quoted by the dealer.
Hi,
I've taken insurance from Universal Sompo (tied with my financing bank) and paid 42k for the XZ+. Check out their pricing also. (My dealer asked 70k)
chandu1382 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed