Team-BHP - Parliament House gets EV fast chargers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Electric Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/)
-   -   Parliament House gets EV fast chargers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/209008-parliament-house-gets-ev-fast-chargers.html)

Fast chargers for electric vehicles (EVs) have been installed at the Parliament House.

Parliament House gets EV fast chargers-2.jpg

The Exicom AC and DC fast chargers were inaugurated by Snehlata Shrivastava, Secretary General of Lok Sabha. Newly procured Tata Tigor and Mahindra eVerito electric cars were also inaugurated during this event. Senior officials from the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) were also present.

Parliament House gets EV fast chargers-1.jpg

EESL had plans to set up 84 fast-charging stations in Delhi by the end of the previous fiscal. In addition to government installations, EESL also plans to setup fast-charging stations at public parking spaces and high-visibility areas in the city.

Link to Team-BHP News

I'm pretty sure it'll end up like last time where Government officials refused to use electric cars
Quote:

Government officials have refused to use electric cars made by Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd citing poor performance and low mileage, said three people aware of the development.

According to a senior official from one of the ministries involved in formulating rules and regulations for electric mobility, both models failed to run even 80-82km on a single charge within city limits. Battery capacity was not up to the mark, compared to global standards, the official added, requesting anonymity.
Also can't help but notice the plates. Delhi police can actually fine all these cars for defective number plates. It's having black letters on white plate whereas it should've been white letters on Green plate :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 4583879)
I'm pretty sure it'll end up like last time where Government officials refused to use electric cars

Also can't help but notice the plates. Delhi police can actually fine all these cars for defective number plates. It's having black letters on white plate whereas it should've been white letters on Green plate :)

These might be temporary till the HSRP ones come through.

Once this has happened, one can safely say that Bharat Sarkar is serious about EVs.

Excellent news for what it portends.We hope we have a few on the highways as well. The last thing you want in an EV is that you are stuck with 'no juice' left.

How fast are the fast chargers? What's the standard? Is this CCS2 Combo? Good initiative but we need 250+ km EVs to take advantage of fast charging.

Off Topic

Isn't it a little strange that an activity at the Parliament of a secular nation has what looks like a priest and religious ceremonies of a particular religion.

Is this common?

P.S. I hope this won't be taken as a political post. I am genuinely curious