Team-BHP - MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Electric Cars (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/)
-   -   MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/electric-cars/209916-mg-ezs-electric-suv-built-india-13.html)

A particular dealer in Delhi had 50 odd bookings from one showroom when I checked with them last week. Maybe they're close to the 1000 bookings number?

A cutoff date also gets people sitting on the fringe to take the jump and make a decision. So I'd say these last three days will see some additional traction.

Without knowing the actual price, I am hesitant to book, and so would be others and 50k is not a small amount, not sure if it would be refunded instantly or have to go through the usual forms and delays etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthVeda (Post 4731701)
Without knowing the actual price, I am hesitant to book, and so would be others and 50k is not a small amount, not sure if it would be refunded instantly or have to go through the usual forms and delays etc.

Exactly what went in my mind. Without knowing the final price of the product I will not put in a significant amount for the booking. Maybe a token amount of 10-15 was ok if MG wants to know the demand for the car and plan their manufacturing schedule. This strategy worked with the Hector because of 2 things.

1) The Hector’s on-road price was known for all variants.
2) The Hector is an ICE vehicle and not an unknown/relatively new type of vehicle hence a normal buyer would be wary about it.

If MG were to change their strategy with regards to the eZS, probably they would see higher bookings than they might have already received.

BTW, I had booked a top end petrol automatic Hector just a day before they had closed their bookings in July last year but ended up canceling it after reading multiple reviews including the official Team-Bhp one, for which I waited the most, which spoke of the not so great performance of the petrol engine. The folks at MG Malad were very cooperative and understanding and in fact sent a person from their showroom to my bank to deposit the cheque of the full refund.

Their folks in the call center were also a great help and I am sure that Hector owners maybe experiencing excellent customer service. All other manufacturers should take a leaf or two from MG’s book when it comes to an overall customer experience. clap:clap:

MG has tied up with Echargebays for charging station installation. They came to our house to understand feasibility etc on Tuesday.

One useful thing I learnt was Adani electricity now provides Meter for Electric charging station. the cost of electricity for charging station is Rs 6.5/unit vs Rs 12/unit for residential property. So I went to Adani electricity to get new meter. They had no idea about it so customer guys directed me to Head if electricity in Kandivali West who was kind enough to give me lots of information after making phone calls and reading up on their portal. I finally got the form for new connection which now has an option to select purpose as “electric charging station”. Very happy to see that Adani already have the new forms.

Once the new meter is installed, charging station installation will be much easier. Charging station requires load of 7.5kw and my residential one was 9.2kw, so I had option to extend the current load to bring it up to 16kw or install a new meter

Getting the new meter installed next week as am sure am buying one of the electric car (either mg or Tata nexon)

Rumour: MG ZS EV launch on January 27, 2020

According to a media report, MG is likely to launch the ZS EV on January 27, 2020.

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-mg-zs-ev.jpeg

Pre-bookings for the ZS EV started on December 21, 2019, which will close on January 17, 2020. The electric SUV will be initially offered in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Hyderabad.

The ZS EV is expected to be offered in two variants - Excite and Exclusive. It comes with features like panoramic sunroof, rain-sensing wipers, a PM 2.5 filter, 6-way power adjustable driver seat, cruise control and auto headlamps.

The MG ZS EV uses an electric motor producing 141 BHP and 353 Nm. It is powered by a 44.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The maximum range on a single charge is said to be 340 km. MG claims that the battery can be recharged to 80% of its capacity in 50 minutes using a 50 kW DC fast charger.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Booked the EV last week. Now waiting for price to be announced and the TD.

Also learnt that there is IT deduction on total income of upto 1.5L for loan taken on EV. However there should not be any other car on the individuals name if this benefit needs to be availed.

I have a car on my name VW Polo GT TSi which i am thinking of transferring in my dads name so i can then take a loan and avail this benefit. The Polo is 5 yrs old and will continue to be with me for another 5 yrs min.

I understand that this will bring down the value of the car but since i plan to retain it for a longer period, i think this still makes sense. Posting here cause I just wanted to make sure i was thinking on the right lines. Any views?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitmk (Post 4733038)
Booked the EV last week. Now waiting for price to be announced and the TD.

Congratulations! and welcome to the club! :)

Quote:

Also learnt that there is IT deduction on total income of upto 1.5L for loan taken on EV.

Only on interest paid on Loan. Assuming loan of 20 Lakh, Interest would be greater than Rs. 1.5L for 2 years... At 30% Income tax bracket, that would translate to savings of Rs. 45,000 per year.

Quote:

However there should not be any other car on the individuals name if this benefit needs to be availed.

Where did you find this? Any source?

Quote:

I understand that this will bring down the value of the car but since i plan to retain it for a longer period, i think this still makes sense. Posting here cause I just wanted to make sure i was thinking on the right lines. Any views?

Why would it bring down value of the car? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bornnerd (Post 4733166)

Why would it bring down value of the car? stupid:

Because then his dad would be the second owner of the car, and the same will be mentioned on the RC.

Quote:

Also learnt that there is IT deduction on total income of upto 1.5L for loan taken on EV. However there should not be any other car on the individuals name if this benefit needs to be availed.

It is not any other car, it is any other EV. Since you don't own other EVs, it is not applicable for you and you are eligible for the IT deduction.
Don't worry about transferring your Polo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 4733374)
Because then his dad would be the second owner of the car, and the same will be mentioned on the RC.

The value of the Polo will be practically zero after 10 years. No one will care if there were one or two owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobogris (Post 4733450)
The value of the Polo will be practically zero after 10 years. No one will care if there were one or two owners.

I sold my 13 years old Honda Civic for a six figure sum. 2 lakh+ kms on the odo. The other cars in contention had 2-3 owners and it all bogged down to perception that a single owner car will be better maintained. In India, it does matter. There is always a market for well maintained cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmiester (Post 4733379)
It is not any other car, it is any other EV. Since you don't own other EVs, it is not applicable for you and you are eligible for the IT deduction.
Don't worry about transferring your Polo.

Thanks. You are absolutely right on this. I read the clauses again and it was no other 'EV'.

Now just waiting for price announcement on 23rd.

MG India 🇮🇳 has come up with a teaser video sharing that price of Zs Ev will be Revealed on 23rd January:

https://youtu.be/o9T3wIA5udU

Love their ads. Their marketing team at their best. Short video but definitely keeps you excited.

Looking forward to the launch!

MG ZS EV gathers over 2,300 bookings before launch, the first 1000 customers of the EV would be getting exclusive introductory price figures.

This is more than the combined electric car sales of India in the year 2019

After receiving more than 2,300 bookings for its all-electric SUV, MG India has closed the order books well before the official launch and price announcement on January 23.

Link