Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:48   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India

The prices are out.

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-screenshot_20200123124318__01.jpg

Some details of the fast charging network that MG is going to set up in Metros and Satellite cities. Road trips are possible!

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-screenshot_20200123124239__01.jpg

The 5 point charging ecosystem:
MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-screenshot_20200123124049__01.jpg
coolkurt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:50   #212
BHPian

This is MG best strategy.and it will definitely draw attention more than the initial bookings..
Thre star to Prices
Old 23rd January 2020, 12:57   #213
Senior - BHPian

Good Price, I was hoping MG will undercut Kona by at least one lakh. They did it for the people who booked it early.
It's a good thing, I booked it as well. Will evaluate fully before I make my decision between Nexon, ZS or Kona.
On road price in Bangalore will be around 23.5L for the early birds, this is lower than the Ex-showroom pricing of Kona.

Last edited by speedmiester : 23rd January 2020 at 13:01.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:00   #214
Team-BHP Support

23,5 Lac appears to be expensive and contrary to their publicity of having stopped bookings, I was approached by Dealer to just share booking form and documents. I have my doubts if people are going to buy at these prices. Until Government supports manufacturers, I don't see any major increase in EV sales.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:14   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
On road price in Bangalore will be around 23.5L for the early birds, this is lower than the Ex-showroom pricing of Kona.
But you are comparing the base variant price of ZS EV to Kona pricing which has even more features than ZS's high-end variant.

I would still go with Kona as it has much better efficiency than ZS EV and comes with LG Chem batteries which are the best in the business.
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:21   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
But you are comparing the base variant price of ZS EV to Kona pricing which has even more features than ZS's high-end variant.

I would still go with Kona as it has much better efficiency than ZS EV and comes with LG Chem batteries which are the best in the business.
I am not. I am comparing the exclusive variant with Kona.
There is no road tax in Karnataka for EVs.
The exclusive variant has features comparable to Kona.
Also MG is more proactive in setting up charging infra over Hyundai.

Last edited by speedmiester : 23rd January 2020 at 13:24.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:22   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
The ZS EV is bigger, is more SUVish, the connected car features and the massive panoramic sunroof are a big draw, and let's face it: Electric cars give bragging rights, so I'm sure these bling factors will be talking points and will be a major lure for potential buyers. I foresee that the ZS EV will sell in far superior numbers than the Kona.

As far as the battery is concerned, CATL is now the world's largest Lithium Ion battery manufacturer. And MG is offering a 8 year/1,50,000 Kms warranty, so the consumer won't be bothered by which battery brand of their EV is older, hence more reliable.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 13:34   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am not. I am comparing the exclusive variant with Kona.
There is no road tax in Karnataka for EVs.
The exclusive variant has features comparable to Kona.
I am sorry. I forgot the part where you mentioned that you already booked the ZS EV in which case your price will be Rs 22.58 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The ZS EV is bigger, is more SUVish.

As far as the battery is concerned, CATL is now the world's largest Lithium Ion battery manufacturer.
Agree with bigger part but that does not translate to under-thigh support for rear seat passengers in ZS EV.

CATL is the biggest battery manufacturer but they are mostly selling to local Chinese brands currently. They do have few future contracts with major companies like VW but that is still for the sales in China. The reason for CATL becoming the biggest manufacturer is mainly because of China allowing subsidies for EVs with local company batteries only.

As per CATL's own roadmap itself, their batteries much lesser density than the competition like LG Chem and Panasonic. Kona also has more range than MG despite having a smaller battery.
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 15:22   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Delivery begins, first owner EESL- Govt of India.

MG EZS electric SUV to be built in India-mgzselectricsuvdeliveryindiastarts21536x1007.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th January 2020 at 15:24.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 18:52   #220
BHPian

Overdrive just posted an interview and Gaurav Gupta said that customers might have to wait up to 6 months for their cars to be delivered

They seem pretty confident that their bookings are genuine and will convert to actual sales

The attrition rate of Hector bookings was ~12% according to him
Furebo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:10   #221
BHPian

Implementation of EVs for government use will put an end to a major fuel reimbursement and maintenance scam. I hope all the Innovas get replaced with these.
sreeharipv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 16:10   #222
BHPian

On a lighter note:
Its a good idea for the government officials to own a MG first, this way even MG will be cautious with the product quality.

I am not in the market for an EV, yet; but if I was, I would have gone ahead and brought myself a Nexon EV. Especially with all the news of Hectors catching up fire.
Batteries in general are flammable, and then its MG, I would not take that big of a risk.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 16:05   #223
Senior - BHPian

With over 2,800 orders received for the ZS EV, way above its expectations, MG Motor India is considering to ramp up production of the vehicle to 300 or 400 units a month after three or four months, up from 200 units a month currently.

Source
Old 1st February 2020, 16:48   #224
BHPian

Did a test drive today. Didn't face any problems getting used to the car while leaving the accelerator. Was quite impressed with the drive and the overall package. The only con I can think of is that the car is bumpier than I would have liked.

I am kinda leaning towards going ahead with the purchase. Will take a final call in the coming week. Maybe one more test drive.
amitmk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 20:45   #225
BHPian

I still have 1.5 years left on my lease for my Creta but have gotten bitten by this EV beauty. I called the MG showroom for checking delivery timelines, approx 4 months wait period. Will plan for a test drive in the coming weeks just to see if it is worth the wait as the next change. Hopefully Karnataka Govt does not remove the No Road Tax policy for EVs seeing the increase in demand for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks