Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2021, 18:56   #61
BHPian

The Tata Tigor EV is set to receive a facelift soon and a new name. The updated electric sedan is set to receive styling changes in line with the facelifted Tigor launched last year and be rebadged as the X Pres-T EV. The X Pres T EV will be offered in normal and extended range spec – the latter with a bigger battery – with prices for the latter starting at Rs 12.90 lakh (ex-showroom).

Updated Tigor EV to be powered a 30kW (41hp) 70V induction motor
To be available in two variants to commercial and private customers
Now gets a grille-mounted charging socket
Tata X Pres-T EV(Tigor EV facelift): Cosmetic changes
As mentioned above, the X Pres-T EV will get the same cosmetic changes as the facelifted Tigor compact sedan. The EV, though, will get unique touches such as the blue highlights and an enclosed grille with the tri-arrow pattern. Additionally, the charging socket is now located in the grille as on some other EV’s on sale in the country.

The X Pres-T EV’s cabin will also be brought in line with the standard Tigor, with notable differences being the blue highlights and the state of charge metre in place of the traditional rpm gauge.

Tata X Pres-T EV(Tigor EV facelift): Electric motor and battery pack
The X Pres-T EV will be available with two battery packs – a 16.2kWh pack in the standard and 21.5kWh in the extended range model. The batteries power a 70V 3 phase induction motor putting out 30kW (41hp) and 105Nm of torque – identical to the pre-facelifted Tigor EV. Tata claims an identical 213km range (ARAI) for the refreshed extended range model. Interestingly, the standard EV now offers a claimed 165km range – up from 143km on the outgoing Tigor EV. Top speed is limited to 80kph.

As for charging, the extended range model can be charged from 0-100 percent in 11.5 hours from a standard charger, though a fast charger can replenish the battery from 0-80 percent in 2 hours. The standard model takes 8 hours and 1.5 hours, respectively.

Tata X Pres-T EV (Tigor EV facelift): variants and equipment
The X Pres-T EV will be available in two variants with each battery pack – XM and XT on the standard and XM+ and XT+ on the extended range version, with the ‘+’ denoting the larger battery. The X Pres-T EV XM+ is priced at Rs 12.90 lakh, while the XT+ costs Rs 13.05 lakh.

The XM variants pack in dual airbags, ABS, rear parking sensors, LED tail lamps, 14-inch steel wheels, Eco and sport drive modes, auto climate control, power windows, and a Harman-sourced audio system with Bluetooth connectivity.

The higher XT variants add in 14-inch alloy wheels, powered wing mirrors, remote locking and body-coloured door handles and wing mirrors.

Source: autocarindia

I wonder why Tata had to rechristen the car. Probably, they were inspired by Elon Musk's newborn baby's name.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-45.png  

Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh-123.png  

__.gxr.__ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 00:08   #62
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh

41 bhp at ~13L? Did I read that right? Nexon EV XM variant costs ~14L with three times the power and a better range. It seems as though Tata wants Tigor to fail, on all powertrains.

Last edited by Benoit : 18th April 2021 at 00:10.
Benoit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 01:20   #63
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor EV priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by __.gxr.__ View Post
I wonder why Tata had to rechristen the car.
Tata must have had plans to snatched sales of Maruti S-Presso. India being a Tea loving country, Tata decided to launch the X Pres T...
Old 19th April 2021, 20:07   #64
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors readying a portfolio of 6 EVs in the next 2-3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Sorry, but is it just me, wondering what is the function of that gear (AMT) lever in an EV!?

I dont think I saw one in a Nexon EV, hence the query!?
Perhaps for Forward, Neutral, Reverse, Park?

Most Viewed