Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:03   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

First Lexus EV to be a Hatchback

First Lexus EV will be urban-focused hatchback.

The urban-friendly hatch will debut in concept car form at this year's Tokyo motor show.

The new EV will be a tall, boxy hatch suited to crowded urban environments, and its design will be previewed by a concept set to debut at the 2019 Tokyo motor show in October.

First Lexus EV  to be a Hatchback-53668cc42542d5569f7497ee5b32d2c2.jpg

Quote:
Inspiration is expected to be taken from the brand's LF-SA concept of 2015, albeit updated with more production intent.
Lexus vice-president Koji Sato :
Quote:
We feel that our future could resemble this design.
Engineers are designing a platform to underpin electric cars. It will likely be shared with Toyota, Lexus’s parent company. The two brands jointly plan to launch 10 electric models by 2025.

Quote:
Final design hasn’t yet been signed off by Toyota president Akio Toyoda, but the spindle grille won’t disappear completely.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd August 2019 at 10:19.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First Lexus EV to be a Hatchback

Interesting that Lexus is moving to EVs. They had got too focused on hydrogen powered vehicles and were ignoring true EVs. Though I am a Lexus fan I want to beg, nay entreat, nay plead at their feet to revamp their frontal design team.

Dear Lexus Chairman,

As a loyal customer I say keep the spindle if it gives you satisfaction of uniqueness but please, pretty please, stop designing the frontis piece to look like a demonic fish about to devour a hapless one. Amen.

-Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks