Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Old 29th October 2019, 07:43   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default BMW is way behind the others in Electric Vehicles

Quote:
Eight years ago, it looked like BMW was positioning itself in a good place for the electric future. It founded BMW i, a sub-brand to bring electrified products to its dealers, and invested massively in carbon fibre reinforced plastic production to make lightweight, efficient vehicles at low costs. But that bold attitude is nowhere to be seen in BMWís current plans as reported by InsideEVs, which include keeping the 6-year-old i3 around for a few more years and canceling the i8 entirely.

Ten years after the concepts for both vehicles came out, both are still in their first generations and BMW hasnít announced plans for a successor to either. Combined with the underwhelming range of the new Mini Cooper SE, itís becoming apparent that critics were right to say former CEO Harald Krueger was too cautious and didnít invest enough in electrification.
Full Article

Reminds me of this video:
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:01   #2
BHPian

Default Re: BMW is way behind the others in Electric Vehicles

Found this article regarding this topic on Jalopnik.

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-is-playing-...eve-1836186029

Gives us a clear picture as to what is BMW's approach towards future electrification and what it thinks of the approach taken by rival manufacturers.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed