Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 20:09   #46
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Kona EV - Kitna chalti hai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Could you explain this roll on acceleration that you spoke about? I'm not sure I understood exactly what you meant, particularly for overtaking.
Roll-on acceleration is basically going to 90 kmph while cruising at 60kmph.
This 50-80 or 60-90 acceleration is amazing in kona as there is no downshift or need to get into the perfect rev band and all the torque hits you instantly.

So you get fantastic overtaking performance, which you can really appreciate on 2 lane carriageways.
Old 26th February 2020, 22:44   #47
BHPian

Cross quoting from other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
.... Then there is the whole cost situation, where the top slab an be as much as Rs.11/unit, while it is Rs.6/unit with this connection. Of course if you have solar with excess production, you would want to use the existing supply solution.

Plus the old meters used to be rated to only 30Amps, while the new ones come rated to 60Amps.
Am I missing something here as the PDF I downloaded for Pune electricity corporation states same slab rates as normal and no incentives for an EV as such. The mention of ₹6/kWh is only for public charging stations.
My Hyundai Kona EV - Kitna chalti hai?-084de593b63046a6a7f81975ec8b8b4d.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 27th February 2020 at 07:28. Reason: Spacing.
Old 27th February 2020, 00:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI7YAK View Post
Cross quoting from other thread.

Am I missing something here as the PDF I downloaded for Pune electricity corporation states same slab rates as normal and no incentives for an EV as such. The mention of ₹6/kWh is only for public charging stations.
That comment I had made was to illustrate why some folks in Mumbai are opting to go for Adani's separate electrical supply for EV charging.
I never tried to get a different supply for myself in Pune, so never found this out.

The electricity supply rates and regulations vary so much across each Discom, that figuring out what really applies to you is like "finding waldo".

Plus the way Merc works, they keep changing regulations for fun. Like what they did with industrial solar grid tied suppliers. So that entire situation is a bit of mess.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th February 2020 at 07:28. Reason: Quote trimmed.
mohanphadnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 02:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanphadnis View Post
... a bit of mess.
Well it surely is a big mess! I could find a category called LT XI : LT - Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations. This category has ₹6/kWh flat rate including Time of Day (ToD) concession and penalty.
My Hyundai Kona EV - Kitna chalti hai?-screenshot_202002270207182.png

I believe if this is indeed for non commercial usage (new application form has a category for EV charging station under non commercial connections) one will need a new connection and new meter only for electric vehicles to avail the lower rate of ₹6/kWh instead of regular slab rates.
ADI7YAK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 12:08   #50
BHPian

My car went through first DC fast charge at Heritage motors Tata , Thane today.
Unfortunately had to do some emergency travel and could not get the car correctly charged before leaving.
So I went and requested the Heritage motors folks in Thane if they will allow me to get some emergency charge.

They were kind enough to hook me upto their 25kW fast charger and lo. in 20 minutes I had enough charge to get home.
My Hyundai Kona EV - Kitna chalti hai?-whatsapp-image-20200319-11.55.06-am-2.jpeg

My Hyundai Kona EV - Kitna chalti hai?-whatsapp-image-20200319-11.55.06-am-1.jpeg

The tata motors employee, Mr. Durgesh who was present at the showroom also informed me that the charging stations on the Express way are working now and should be available to use.
mohanphadnis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 16:11   #51
BHPian

[quote=sri_tesla;4758117]You must be referring to old data. 2019 price is $156 per kWh as per Bloomberg (see below image). At the same time, they are projecting the $100 per kWh price to be reached by 2023. They are conservative each year and had to revise the $100/kWh timeline every time. The battery prices are down significantly (~87%) over the last decade. The main reason behind this decline is the improvement in technology. Actual economies of scale start to impact from this year with huge factories coming online.

Not just that. We may even expect better energy densities 7-8 yrs down the lane. Which means we can have more range for the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks